1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop with the Knicks comparison

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Nov 17, 2020.

?

comparing the knicks and rockets owners is like comparing

1. apples to oranges

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. oranges to bananas

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. bananas to grapefruit

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  4. grapefruit to coconut

8 vote(s)
    61.5%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because another fanbase dislikes their owner
    doesn't mean it's for the same reasons

Most of you complain that Tilman doesn't spend money

Dolan spends lots of money
    That's not the problem with the Knicks
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

ksny15, Patience and snowconeman22 like this.
  2. tinman

Supporting Member

The Rockets situation with Tilman is unique

comparing it to the Knicks is comparing Houston to New York City

If you think they are similar than you are pretty much dumb

ballsohard likes this.
  3. Fantasma Negro

As a card carrying member of both rox and knicks fan bases I can agree with this statement. Dolan is cheap, he's just stupid

Patience and tinman like this.
  4. mightybosstone

It's not about Tilman and Dolan making the same kinds of mistakes. It's about the fact that both owners are, frankly, too involved in the day-to-day operations and personnel decisions of the team and that they've put their franchises in a position to fail. I don't care how you want to look at Fertitta's tenure as owner—he's done a terrible job. Fans of the franchise who have watched a great team disintegrate under his ownership have a right to be upset.

5. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The knicks comparison isn't so much that the owners are exactly the same, because as you pointed out, Dolan loves to spend money. The only point of the comparison is that the knicks are a dumpster of a franchise that are hamstrung by their meddling owner, and until he leaves, they are going to be the joke of the NBA like they have been since he bought the team. A lot of people think the rockets are headed in that same direction. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Tilman will do it in his own way, but the result will be the same.

6. tinman

Supporting Member

Mark Cuban is involved in day to day operations

He has a TV show like Tilman

[​IMG]

JayGoogle likes this.
  7. topfive

topfive CF OG

A) Owner is egotistical, stupid and cheap.
    B) Owner is egotistical, stupid and spends buttloads of money.

I'll go with B, please.

BallSoHarden, clutchdabear and YOLO like this.
  8. tinman

Supporting Member

The Lakers have had a family drama and disfunction with the firing of Magic Johnson, they won the NBA title

[​IMG]

9. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Dolan is actually better than tilman.

both run toxic organizations that chase out talent.

but Dolan is willing to spend unlimited amounts of money on high priced executives, coaches and players.

10. mightybosstone

As much as it pains me to say this, Mark Cuban has done an excellent job. Two Finals appearances, a championship and 20 years of contending in a stacked conference. You want to complain about poor owner comparisons? Tilman and Cuban are about as far apart as it gets on the spectrum of NBA owner success.

Edit: And it's worth noting he's kept a top 5 current coach in Rick Carlisle happy through a rebuild and kept a top 25 all-time player in Dirk from draft to retirement. Tilman has had the team for less than three years and pushed out his coach, GM and now, likely, star player.

Nick_713, topfive and xtruroyaltyx like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Tilman is Dolan without the money or Robert Sarver if he had James Harden which he’s about to lose

sorry Tinman, but that’s facts

Les sold to Tilman even tho he needed loans, and then took the championship trophies and dipped...it’s disgusting

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I'm not saying Dolan is a better owner or worse owner.
    I'm just saying that Clutchfans making dumb analogies is not based on any facts.

Having a pet dog that likes to bite isn't the same as having a pet rattlesnake that likes to bite

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Dolan has spent money to bring the Knicks to the ground

Tilman is cheap which is brining the Rockets to the ground

Nobody here knows Robert Sarver you give the Espn fans too much credit

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Dolan and Tilman are NOT the same. But they are equally **** people and **** owners, just in different ways! It's like food, different input, same output - **** in the toilet.

YOLO likes this.
  15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Yeah tillman is somehow way worse.

Also tinman is a subtle Tilman fanboy for some reason, he will never directly criticize Tilman.

Every conversation about Tilman is deflected to be about Les or something else.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

there's no sense of city/team loyalty but that was passed down from Les .

Les pandering to China and then selling the team after he put Yao's jersey in the rafters set this whole thing in motion.

Think about the Lakers, their owner DIED and their kids ended up winning the championship

17. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

I personally think he's a lot more like Donald Sterling.

persian hoopa and lakersuck2 like this.
  18. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

These guys aren't apples or oranges or coconuts. They are turds or vomit or used condoms. They are everything vile and disgusting that you can put with two legs. Both Dolan and Tilman haven't proven they want to compete. They want to sell tickets. It's all just a business to them. They aren't in the winning business. They are in the profits business. At this point I'd rather have Dan Gilbert as an owner. He actually knew when to spend!

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

that’s why I say Tilman is Dolan without the money...they are both meddlers, and they compound that by being dumb...Dolan will meddle and spend on the wrong things...Tilman will meddle and not spend on the right things...when he does decide to open his wallet, it’s for stupid sh*t like giving Eric Gordon an extension

Robert Sarver is cheap like Tilman, he just didn’t have a James Harden to prop up the organization and make playoff runs

we’ll see how bad things truly become when we lose the automatic 50 wins and playoff berths that Harden brings

my fear is that we become some barren wasteland of fckery, irrelevancy, and mediocrity like the Kings, Hornets, Wolves, etc

YOLO likes this.
  20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I do think we have some ways to go before we are the Knicks so I agree.

Knicks have sucked for decades now. Decades.

Rockets under Tilman have sucked...never? I'm not quite ready to write the book on Tilman as an owner just yet, people thought Cuban was an arrogant crap owner too and he's turned into one of the best.

I will say Tilman is at least a fan. The whole Westbrook trade was an emotional fan trade that was made because he was pissed the team lost to the Warriors without Durant. Not my words, but Stephen A (who talks to him) basically predicted it would happen and it did.

Tilman is at least better than Cal...who probably couldn't name his starting Oline if his life depended on it, just saying.

tinman likes this.