1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop proposing scenarios where we deal Sixgun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, May 31, 2022.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I don't think Sengun 's passing is better than Paolo's. Paolo is a scorer and this hides his playmaking ability. Sengun uses good foot work near the basket. Paolo does that too along with his handle and face up game.

Sengun is a better defender near the basket , Paolo guards wings better one on one. Neither are switchable.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo is an inefficient scorer that won’t translate to most teams.
    Paolo has nowhere near the post game Sengun does. And no, he isn’t the passer that Sengun is. That’s honestly not even debatable imo.
    Paolo does well off the bounce, that is the only thing he can do better than Sengun outside of 3 pt shooting, which neither are up to par yet.

Paolo’s strengths aren’t something I see translating to the pro game, he’s not Tatum or Lebron or any other point forward type that the offense will run through. Which mitigates his positives imo.
    I will be happy if we have him, but there’s no way I’m giving up Senguns potential growth for him. They would need to make it work together.

CriscoKidd likes this.
  3. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

And to add to the above post. It’s not a knock on Paolo’s passing when I say Sengun is better, Paolo is awesome passer for a big guy. But Sengun is on another level with his vision.

4. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

who cares? trade him anyway...
    nothing matters in the nba and the worse you get the better the new picks you get will be...

5. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. Turner is super overrated, 26 and going into last year on deal before he would want to get paid.
    Sengun has better upside than Turner, hell even Wood does because he hasn’t played as much.

6. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

Isn’t Sabonis white?

BelgianRocketsFan likes this.
  7. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Paolo in, Sengun out. Deal with it.

maj21 likes this.
  8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Nah I’m good. You deal with Paolo not being better than Sengun.
    Can’t wait for you Banchero buddies to be disappointed when we don’t draft his mediocre ass.

9. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

It’s just another racist stereotypical phrase used around here that goes unchecked way too often.

10. saleem

I think Paolo can adapt to the half court offense quite easily. He was scoring 50 percent in the last 5 games of the tournament.

Both Sengun and Paolo will have to work together, I admit.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t have any doubts Paolo can be a scorer in the Tobias Harris mold. I just don’t think he’s an efficient scorer and taking the ball out of his hands limits his upside (which is most likely on every team in the league)

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  12. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Houston in: Alex Len

x

Sacramento in: A Sengun
    ---------------------
    Works on trade machine

cmoak1982 likes this.
  13. xaos

xaos Member

I guess it could be worse

kjayp likes this.
  14. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's trade the 3rd best post scorer in the NBA, who happens to be 19 years old.

You guys wanting to deal Sengun must have missed him a couple of years ago. His body has already traveled light years to get to where it is today. If anyone can continue to enhance themselves as an athlete, it is that guy. Tough motherf'r. Basketball genius. Already the third-best PPP post scorer in the entire NBA, behind Embiid and Jokic.

You don't cast guys like Alperen Sengun aside. You develop them. You work with them and ingrain them in the culture.

The "I told you so" is coming for you fockers SOON! #DrippedToday!

15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun should be as untouchable as Green. Including him in trade proposals is silly. Trading him would be idiotic.

aaquaa, TheBeastSystem and Roc Paint like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

When did we start calling him Sixgun?

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

18. saleem

Paolo's scoring efficiency will go up on any team with a good passing guard or wing. He can make the team better with his ability to pass to shooters and he can pass the ball out in transition to Green, KPJ and Josh Christopher.

19. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

The only way this happens is if he’s in the position to pass, if he doesn’t have the ball in facilitating positions it’s a moot point.
    That’s really my main concern, there isn’t a team in the league outside of maybe Portland that would have him as a distributor.

20. dawesome

dawesome Member

Sengun was drafted 16th in highly regarded draft class. Many teams wanted him and he performed well as rookie too. He could easily be drafted in top 10 or even top 5 this year. Maybe some would compare him with Chet..

AroundTheWorld likes this.