1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop politicizing these shootings

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Aug 26, 2020.

1. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

It was NOT a no-knock warrant. See the story below. Obviously none of you listened to today's press conference where the Kentucky AG went through the evidence in painstaking detail. You are all just getting riled up based on emotional reactions to false narratives. This actually undermines your persuasiveness, and unfortunately has been a staple of most of these types of protests (George Floyd, Michael Brown, Arbery, Jacob Blake)... all of these narratives left out exculpatory information for the police and conveniently omitted damaging facts about the victims. Don't get played!
    --------------------------

At a press conference, Kentucky AG Daniel Cameron said a neighbor corroborated cops’ claims that they knocked on Taylor’s apartment door and announced themselves as police in the early hours of March 13.

“Evidence showed officers knocked and announced their presence at the apartment,
    ” Cameron said, following the announcement from a grand jury to indict one of the officers, Brett Hankison, on three counts of wanton endangerment in the first degree for firing his weapon into another apartment.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/23/kentucky-ag-breonna-taylor-cops-knocked-and-announced-themselves/

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

I'll sell myself out & be a hypocrite (because I said otherwise at the time).

Look, besides maybe George Floyd & Ahmaud Arbery, most of these were justified.

Breonna Taylor: Boyfriend thinks there's an intruder, opens fire, police (justifiably) fire back, killing Taylor

Rayshard Brooks: Driving while intoxicated, passed out at a Wendy's drive thru, resists arrest, wrestles with officers, grabs one's taser, uses (or tries to use) it on one officer as he flees. (You reach for my waistband [of weapons], justified to react accordingly.)

David McAtee: He opens fire on police/National Guard; they fire back killing him.

Jacob Blake: Attempted to detain him, they didn't or couldn't; and whether it was on his person or in the car (when he went reaching), a knife was found.

Going back a few years, Sandra Bland hung herself, committed suicide in jail and that's the police's fault? WHAT?!

And we gotta stop making these guys heroes. Hell no they ain't heroes. Some(most?) of them have nasty, criminal histories. You wouldn't let your daughter date them or babysit your kids.

The Steelers "honoring" an alleged drive-by shooter? WHAT?!
    The NBA is "honoring" these guys and protesting games/stopping games! You can't make this **** up!
    The NFL is honoring these guys! What the hell are we doing?!

Yeah, there are rare instances you can do everything right & still end up in trouble but follow the law, stop resisting arrest, don't reach for anything (yours or an officers), don't open fire...

And "BLM", bullshit. Total bullshit. More like only select BLM.

LOL "Burn Louisville" is trending. Yeah, that'll accomplish everything!

How about not shooting cops? You don't like being shot at, neither do they.

Burn down Minnesota, Portland, Seattle, Louisville, burn down every city every time someone is killed. Yeah, that's it!

Be thugs, be animals, loot, riot, yup that's it!

Nook, RayRay10 and Corrosion like this.
  3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Believe what you want .... I really don't care , I'm just relaying what the AG stated - They had a witness who confirmed they knocked. Taylor's boyfriend also admitted they knocked.

Regardless - Taylor's boyfriend shot at police , That's where **** hit the proverbial fan. She was a casualty of his actions.

RayRay10 likes this.
  4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Well I believe the actual literal documentation of the warrant that was approved. That's better evidence than hearsay.

5. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How about it was a no-knock warrant, but the cops knocked anyway?

6. fchowd0311

One witness that says they knocked but I believe they didn't say they declared who they were.

No body cameras

A warrant that says there are drugs in the premises with no drugs found

Only the word of the cops saying they were told to knock and inform who they were even though the warrant they filed says otherwise.

The person who shot at the police has charges dropped which shows that he was in the right to shoot back. He also said he heard knocks, asked who it was and they didn't answer who it was. Hence why the shooting was justified and why the death of Taylor is a murder.

7. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How many times have we seen on these televised police shows how they enter - all of them screaming police as they knock the door down , police , police get on the floor .... and you really expect us to believe that they didn't identify themselves in this one particular incident ?!

Dude , you are just looking for flames to fan.

RayRay10 likes this.
  8. fchowd0311

The individual who shot at police because he thought they were armed intruders specifically said he asked for who they were and they wouldn't respond. The fact they dropped charges on a man who shot at police says to me his view is pretty damn credible because I would assume all hell would reign down on him if he wasn't justified shooting at cops.

I don't care about tv shows.

9. JumpMan

Are you saying that the shooting was justified, but also a murder?

So what I know is that Taylor was killed by the cops in the process of the cops serving a no-knock warrant. I know the boyfriend shot first and they unloaded. Going by that, I don't see where the charges are. It is a tragedy. Should have never happened that way, but I don't see the charges.

I also know that there is confusion in regards to whether or not they knocked or announced, but the no-knock warrant makes that irrelevant in the eyes of the law, no? Again, I just don't see where the charges are.

RayRay10, Corrosion and Jayzers_100 like this.
  10. fchowd0311

The charge would be someone killing Taylor. So manslaughter at the very least.

11. JumpMan

That would mean cops can't shoot back at suspects shooting at them?

RayRay10 and Corrosion like this.
  12. fchowd0311

Man it's as if you removed all context. Plain clothed cops knocking on a door where the person who isn't charged saying that they only heard nocks with no claim of who they were barging in with a battering ram, those people deserve to be shot at and when they shoot back and murder someone, they should be charged.

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No body cameras for this type of operation is absolutely mind boggling to me. Criminal, systemic negligence.

Nook, DVauthrin, RayRay10 and 3 others like this.
  14. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Big oof - stick to posting tweets.

DVauthrin and RayRay10 like this.
  15. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Follow the law. Follow demands.
    Stop celebrating these "bad hombres" thugs as heroes.

16. JumpMan

What difference would a uniform had made in this bust? Why does it matter if they knocked or not? Why does it matter if they announced? They had a no-knock warrant. It really seems like you have a problem with the protocols of no-knock warrants. Go after that. People would do better to look ahead and make changes that could possibly avoid these types of tragedies in the future.

17. fchowd0311

We cand do both. Hold those cops accountable for murdering someone and ban no knock raids.

People get charged for man slaughter even when they didn't intend to murder someone. Hence manslaughter.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Oh man, that charge they had today primarily for discharging his weapon with the bullets going into neighboring apartments against that one officer is absolute bs. You can bet insane riots will come out of this

RayRay10 likes this.
  19. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Those so-called "facts" are simply the Republicans and their house boy covering up for a bunch of racist, dumbass cops. So as I understand it: In Kentucky it's perfectly OK for the police to bust into the wrong black persons' home in the middle of the night, not announce themselves, shoot and KILL an innocent woman asleep in her bed. It doesn't matter one iota that she was an EMT who worked to save lives because in the end the color of her skin mattered more than the type of person she'd been. I knew the fix was in the minute I saw that a "Black Republican" was heading this so-called joke of an investigation. There wouldn't have been ANY investigation without the pressure from the civil unrest created by the demonstrations. It took them a long time to find a nice "colored" face to put out front for the cameras. Straight out of the DJT playbook. I don't believe one word that came out of his lying mouth. Yeah they knocked alright - with a BATTERING RAM!

RayRay10 likes this.
  20. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

[​IMG]

RayRay10 likes this.