1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop calling the coach McFail!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duluth111222, Mar 2, 2013.

1. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Lol this so much. Why do people get so upset over a little harmless name calling? When we'd become so prude?

2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I remember once Clutch turn all occurrences of YOF into ****. How about turning all McFail into McF***? That would look a lot more lively. :grin:

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

They've also won more because they have coached longer. Duh. Coach has been over 500 every ur here and is a new coach to the NBA. Don't act like he has all work talent on the roster. Last yrs team over achieved big time. This yrs team while talented is extreamly young with all guys including our superstar playing more minutes and bigger roles than they ever have. Mchale is doing a damn fine job with this team and the player respect and want to fight for him. That's all you can really ask for. Is he the best coach in the world? No is he better than alot give credit? He'll yes. Give coach a few more yrs I like what he brings to this young team. If we can get better on the defensive end and only sacrifice a small amount of offense we would be a 50+ win team with this constructed team with mchale at the helm. I'm perfectly ok with that.

And to the guy who said if we won a chip with mchale as the coach you still wouldn't like him. That's down right pathetic I don't even know how u call yourself a rockets fan. If mchale brought us a chip then clearly he knows what he's doing with the talent on this team. Your a moron.

1 person likes this.
  4. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Not completely true. I like those coaches more because they have shown a stronger presence as leaders and have evidenced the ability to adjust in a variety of ways on the defensive and offensive end. I mean, what Rick has done in Minnesota despite the injuries is impressive. Any other coach on that team would have been tossed by now. Those are just a few reasons, and yes, I guess some of it is subjective.

In terms of having better players, I'm not so sure. I definitely think another coach could get more out of our current roster than Kevin. I think Adelman's offense with this roster would be AMAZING. You still would have the three-point threat, but a fast paced team with lots of backdoor cuts for Chandler and pick and rolls with Asik would be awesome.

During the JVG years, when Tmac/Yao/Both were out, our team wasn't as talented as this roster (in my opinion), but they were older/experienced.

I just believe that a coach with longer track-record could maximize the potential of this team even more. Yes, obviously, McHale hasn't coached as long, but diehard fans aren't necessarily expected to wait for him to get more experience. :p

Maybe it's a difference of the perception of this team's outlook. I guess Kevin fits the job for a developmental coach in a transition year. But as a fan, I don't want to settle for mediocrity regardless. When this team is a serious threat for title contention, I don't know if McHale fits the bill.

So, who is the available alternative? That's where I have no room to complain. Nobody is available, except the guy that Morey sent packing and his brother.

Love my Rockets though!

#44 Codman, Mar 3, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2013
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Howard Chefail

6. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

McFail just simply rhymes with McHale . . . McClueless does not sound as sexy, McConfused perhaps . . . . nah. If us insist just call him McHale . . . hmmm... people wants the dramatics, to catch attention . . . some are lazy, a single word means a lot. McHale is just a name, McFail gives a story.

7. Salvy

Salvy Member

Is this you op?

[​IMG]

8. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Why does it only have to be lofs who dislike mchale? Guys a terrible coach when it comes to gametime. He doesnt run plays, has zero idea of how to run his rotation, looks lost, disinterested and uninvolved during stretches in the game. Makes stupid and questionable substitution patterns that hace no rhyme or reason almost every single damn game. He gets ticked at the gm for daring to go for high potential pf instead of settling for mediocrity. This is a young team, it is what we are suppised to do. Mcfail is just a horrible coach for a ypung team.

What kind of dumb idiot pisses on a gm for going for high potential when we are contending for a championship this year? All because hes worried about being 42-40 instead of 45-37. Hes a mediocore coach who is damb lucky his gm is not who will settle for that. Mcfails idea of a good team is one loaded with vets who he can count on to not make any mistakes and keep him iver .500 and more importantly, not fired. Juat read the articles about him as a coach in minnesota.

This crapshow is on les. Adelman woulda been perfect for this. Think he would have let the relationship deteriorate that much with lowry? Think adelman couldnt have figured put that d-mo had talent? That maybe tjones desrves some pt? That delfino is by far the most untrustworthy rox we have had since cat?

Mcfail is a mediocore coach at best and a horrid one for a young team.

9. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

Edit: should be"NOT contending for a championship this year"

10. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

You're equating the use of 'McFail' with LOFs. Go back and check when McFail term was started. Nobody bothered to stop it last season. And didn't equate it to a group of fans.

11. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

oh don't be so sensitive. ok, ok!

mcfabulous is better no? yes!

12. jocar

jocar Member

It sounds so middle schoolish, and I wouldn't be surprised if the people who think it's clever are around that age.

13. Ultimate6thMan

^THIS^

I think it started with the epic playoff collapse from last season because even before it happened, most people were complaining about the same thing with McHale, his rotations and substitution patterns were horrible, especially by using Scola and Patterson to close out games instead of one of the centers we had. It cost us the playoffs and people are rightfully concerned that it could happen again this year due to similar problems.

As a Rocket's fan, I want to see him succeed and change his ways so that we can all enjoy some great playoff basketball! But if he doesn't change, continues to suck, and costs us the playoffs, i will continue to call him McFAIL and hope that he is fired.

And this has nothing to do with JLin because it all started before he was a Rocket.

1 person likes this.
  14. landryfans

landryfans Member

This is too much commie practice inside Great Wall,

15. archinkent

archinkent Member

Hypocrite much?

Btw I am pretty sure that thread you are talking about is deleted.

16. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

1. You imply there were LOFs even before Lin was on the roster.

2. You don't like people to call McHale derogatory name, but you can call people a much more derogatory name. Right.

1 person likes this.
  17. jeddah

jeddah Member

Speaking of double standards...your post says it all...you complain of those certain player fans calling him that but you have no problem calling those fans as i****s..at least McFail is not as bad as the word you've used...

18. YoungGods

YoungGods Member

PWNED
    :grin:

19. eMat

eMat Contributing Member

Pretty much this. I hope he gets fired.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

So McFabulous calls our GM MoreFail?