1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop calling the coach McFail!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by duluth111222, Mar 2, 2013.

1. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Nobody is asking everyone to like him. And tbh, I can't say I like him myself. But that doesn't mean you should call him derogatory names.

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketblood713

I dont get why they call him that his team is in the playoffs hunt lol its stupid

3. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

i call him

McClappy :cool::eek:

4. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I don't mind just because it makes it easier to identify the less knowledgable LOFs with out actually having to read their pointless idiotic posts.

1 person likes this.
  5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Agreed. There will always be issues between Rockets fans and Lin fans, those who throw around "McFail" are usually the one's without anything intelligent to add.

6. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

[​IMG]

O and i like McHale :grin:

7. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Don't have to post it anymore now. You know with said derogatory name being in your thread title and all.:confused:

8. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Btw, i have never referred to him as McFail. I have always called him McWTHale.

9. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Calling him McFail is immature, but when you consider the extend of his inadequacies as a head coach, it would be unrealistic to ignore that aspect of the team.

The majority of us are simply DIEHARD Rockets fans. In that respect, we obviously want the best possible situation for our team to be successful. We want a coach with a winning track-record, strong leadership and the ability to adjust during games and between games.

I don't hate Kevin. I'm sure he's a terrific person and I think he is courageous for trying to finish this season under his family circumstances. Believe me, I even said a prayer one night for his daughter and his family.

However, from a purely basketball standpoint, the "McFail" nickname is attributed to consistently-terrible decisions, from rotations to offense and defensive strategies.

Yes, we have a winning record. Yes, some of our new guys are thriving. There's no denying that.

But, it isn't wrong for Rockets fans to be unwilling to settle. It's okay to believe that the Rockets could be even better with a more experienced coach. It's okay examine McHale in a huddle, listen to his comments, and envy what more successful coaches (Doc,Pop,Thibs etc...) do in their timeouts and how their teams respond more effectively. Some of us miss how Rick Adelman could design a play during a timeout that worked beautifully, or how JVG always had average defenders helping a team become a defensive powerhouse. Some of us think the Rockets, simply put, would benefit from a better coach.

I don't think the "McFail" nickname means "failure" as much as it is wanting something better for the team we all love.

This is not to say that anyone of us would do a better job than Kevin (Although DD thinks he can actually coach in the NBA lol :p).

Personally, I'm okay with Kevin finishing the season off for us, but I am hopeful that,as our team grows and emerges even more, Morey signs a more experienced, methodical coach.

2 people like this.
  10. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

Nice post, repped.

11. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

name calling is really bad. we are here to show our views and opinions. we are trying to debate on whatever we are interested. i know no matter how i try, it won't stop others to do things that are not wanted by this board. but i am here to express my view on name calling. it is bad. plain and simple.

12. titanfan

titanfan Member

cuz he is a sack dog ****

13. DreamRoxCoogFan

OP isn't messing around. Let's all be nice

[​IMG]

(seriously who cares? Its just a nickname. I'm sure McHale has heard the name before and it doesn't bother him as much as it does you. You gotta learn to tune out the noise and live your life.)

14. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

And he has accomplished more in one year of his ife then you have all all of you'r life span

15. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

The name stems from his time as the Wolves GM and interim coach period

16. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Is Mc-EPIC-fail ok?

17. AbrahamLincoln

Amen. It really cheapens any debate when people use these tacky names.

18. sammsung987

sammsung987 Member

Did you really think you can stop people by starting this thread?

You are McFAIL!!!

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

So, I guess you're suggesting that my career as a teacher does not compare with McHale and his 32-28 record. Is it an issue of money? Yeah, I make significantly less.

I will have to politely disagree that he has accomplished more than I have, simply based on such a small criteria.

:p

Not a very friendly post from ya, Spiegel. :)

1 person likes this.
  20. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

There's a long answer to this, but the short answer is, you like those coaches more because they have won more, and they have won more due to having better players.