1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop blaming the refs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

I love this post. Well said.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Lol lots of people on here agree with me on many topics!! :D

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  3. hakeemthagreat

Smh. Always that ONE idiot who cries "We should never blame the refs, we lost and that's it!!!!!". He prolly watched all but 5 minutes of that game while flipping between reality shows. Did we lose? Yes. But the refs did horrible and played a factor in us coming back. The refs inconsistency & incompetence should never play any factor in the outcome of a basketball. But too many times it's been the case in the NBA

1Deep likes this.
  4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

How many games have we won with the refs HELPING us and getting Harden over 10 free throws a game???

5. hakeemthagreat

Are the refs helping us or are those legitimate fouls?

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Are you saying Harden never flops?

7. wesbound

wesbound Member

hahah the ref didn't help us. How about give Harden credit for manipulating the foul rules to the fullest that applies to all players. Everyone knows about the rule books but no one is crafty enough to manipulate it like he does. You think other players wouldn't try to do what he does to get to the stripe line for free throws? Hell yeah, they would... they just can't.
    These clowns decided to come up with a rules to not get harden to the foul line... and guess what harden still gets his #. My point is to all the genius out there that talk smack about how ugly his game is and that depends on the foul line to get his #s etc.. you're nothing but highlight viewer... appreciate the craftiness of Harden.

8. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Bad calls can have a major impact on the outcome of a game period. No, the refs should not be blamed entirely for a loss, but they do have culpability. We definitely know that a poorly officiated game impacts the Rockets because we've all seen the Harden that is getting the calls he deserves when getting hacked vs. the Harden that is not getting calls. Feeling like you're playing against the other team and the refs sucks the energy out of a team. Especially this team.

9. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Does Harden flop?

10. hakeemthagreat

Yes. The refs are horrible either way. I'm not saying this as a pure Rockets fan,but as a fan of NBA basketball. The officiating has got more atrocious as the game has become more watered down. Bad offficiating should NEVER help contribute to another team's win or loss. This is something that happens too often

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Was Harden's fifth foul considered a Turnover? Ego's 4th?

Easy to force turn overs when you are allow to hack and get shitty calls on the other team

Rocket River

12. Nigel Thornberry

Want to make love?

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Are you really saying Harden NEVER flops? Are you a Harden stan? You sound just like @vlaurelio!

If the refs are horrible either way, that means you're saying the refs help us win games too, right?

14. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Reported for sexual harassment.

Hop into SILs PMs and ask for his grindr bro. Clutch wants the board clean.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  15. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]
    Gross bro, I wasn’t speaking to the fat character on lost, stay out of my affairs. Swyyy is my guy

16. RocketsTruth

RocketsTruth Member

are you insane, 10 free throws is nothing for a superstar, durant, westbrook, michael jordan and lebron averaged 11 free-throws or close to it for years. The problem becomes when the refs start to control the pace of the game. Harden is very good at controlling the pace of a basketball game probably the best since magic johnson and currently besides Lebron. When the refs start calling these offensive fouls on Harden that are not fouls let alone for a superstar it becomes easy to see that Adam Silver and the league is trying to :"nerf" Harden

17. hakeemthagreat

Harden does occasionally flop. But 90% of his fouls are actual fouls if you really look at them. But lets not minimize bad officiating to just flopping. The officiating as a WHOLE is all around atrocious. From foul calls, technical fouls, flagrant fouls, out of bounds calls etc..Have you watched a NBA basketball game in the last 10-15 years?

18. hakeemthagreat

This. Harden's just craft enough to draw fouls. I don't think it's really manipulation of the refs, but on the guy guarding him. He knows how to draw the guy in and FORCE the refs to call a foul. If you look at 90% of the replays it's technically a foul. The league 100% went in and made a conscious decision to not give Harden too many ft's. My question is why would you jeopardize the integrity of the game for one guy?

19. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Yeah, I go to more Rockets a game each year than you do. @Pen15clubber knows too. :)

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

still doesn't change the fact you're a mavsprick