1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stop blaming the refs!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by swyyyguy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It is my honest opinion that David Stern should have been forced to resign once the Donaghy allegations hit.

2. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

it really felt like the referees had too big of a hand on the outcome of this game. the lin 3 was questionable, the foul on the trob dunk, and the change of possession..

3. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I can deal with the refs don't have replay excuse. I can't deal with it when they get it wrong AFTER using the replay. There is no excuse for this:

[​IMG]

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Yeah, 3 more points at halftime is easily the difference. The replay was conclusive that it was off in time. This game should be reviewed and possibly replayed if it means the playoffs for anyone.

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Heyyy it's my picture!

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

that picture is weird because numerous replays didn't come close to it being that clear.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Actually, nothing's worse than bad officials who are allowed to slide by because fans like you don't hold them accountable for doing their jobs.

They "probably missed some the other way"? Um, really? Name them. Why is the threshold so low that you just assume it evens out? For a hypothetical, let's say I tell you that Chandler Parsons "probably" made as many plays in a game as LeBron James. I don't think you'd just accept it. You'd question it. You'd want evidence. You'd look at the statistics, point out your own observations, etc. Why can officials not be held to that same standard? They're paid to do a job, too.

The out-of-bounds call with 6 seconds left -- it is impossible to say who that went off of. Both hands are in there. When it ricochets, if it doesn't brush Marion's fingertip, it misses by a centimeter. Typically, on a play like that, officials will stay with the call on the floor. Moreover, Harden was bumped hard twice on that drive -- once by Marion on the perimeter and again by Wright at the basket. Neither called. And that's fine, but good officials generally compensate in such a situation by splitting the difference and giving the ball to the offensive team out of bounds. They did on the floor, but overturned it on inconclusive video evidence -- i.e. a guess.

The NBA deserves better. Nothing wrong with pointing that out.

8. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

What is that? That's not the shot clock, it's a network clock, and not official. That picture has nothing to do with wether the shot is good.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We are talking one-tenth of a second. I don't think that's close. The other replays were terrible angles. I could tell it was good live. A go ahead three pointer in transition...clearly Jeremy Lin can't do that in 1 second.

10. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

These refs screwed the Rockets plain and simple. Don't know what's all the fuss about angles, nfl rules and stuff. They called it good, saw NO decisive evidence that it was late or good so hey...lets just say its no good since its Rockets and oh that guy Lin. Plus Dont wanna upset mark cuban and hey, whats the betting line? yeah buddy.

11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

show me a reliable source that states they had "no decisive evidence." :rolleyes:

12. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

See the Lin picture above. There's certainly no decisive evidence that the ball was touching Lin's hand at 0.0.

13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

sure, some bad calls went against us but some bad calls worked out in our favor tonight too.

our loss comes down to the poor coaching of mchale, the lack of urgency and heart by harden, and the poor play of jeremy lin.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

What lack of Heart by Harden? He took this game to OT and almost won it...

15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

settling for step back jumpers when you have damian lillard guarding you is unacceptable. he needs to be attacking the basket and making plays happen. our offense is so stagnant when harden just plays iso hero ball.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

So why are the Refs favoring the Blazers. The rockets have the stars in Harden and Howard. It would seem the league would rig it for the rockets.

17. SacTown

SacTown Member

He took the game to overtime by tripping over his own feet and getting the call to go to the line. It does get old hearing everyone complaining about the refs as if they have it out for the Rockets. Refs have been bad all playoffs across the board on both sides - but if you read the game thread it's as if they are only bad concerning calls against the Rockets - I know it's human bias to think that way but it does get old.

18. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Ehh.. Lillard just signed a $100 million Addidas contract. Before the playoffs we were favorites, so put money on the underdogs, bigger payout.

19. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Are you blind? Watch the reply

20. SacTown

SacTown Member

I did. Post it here. Maybe I missed something or saw a bad feed? I could be wrong but it looked like he tripped over his own feet.