1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone/Silas Press Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., May 18, 2021.

1. DonatelloLimestone

At this point, given we have a 52 percent just to keep our pick. i'll be relieved if we just get top 4. There are some very interesting prospects and that is still a great place to be given the circumstances and the gleague players as well. We will get talent or a high valued asset in the top 4. Cade is the ideal pick, Green is exciting. But if we're in the top 4 be it with Suggs or Mobley, we can build on that or trade it or do something special. Almost a month away till we find out if we keep the pick.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You can say that again

Jontro and csc177 like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Sounds good.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Tate is our lucky lotto charm. He needs to represent the Rockets in the lotto!

5. sydmill

sydmill Member

I feel like there is going to be some talent in the back half of the first round that the Rockets can use. I know you're a Bassey fan for example. How about Jaden Springer or Nah'Shon Hyland? What about a major swing by picking Greg Brown or Brandon Boston? At this point I'm interested in acquiring more picks in this draft (2 way players or draft and stash mostly) rather than consolidating our selections to move up.

saleem likes this.
  6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Missed the press conference. Did we win?

7. hakeemthagreat

He's right, injuries took its toll. The only ppl blaming Stone are Morey fans still lingering around here

8. DonatelloLimestone

yep, we're not rebuilding any more. We're going to win now and Eric Gordon and John wall are great young players for us that we want to build on. Silas is likeable, Stone hopes he is. But they both consider themselves unlucky to represent us in the lottery. They also promised to work hard.
    We'll be alright

9. HoustonWest

HoustonWest Member

With the twelfth pick in the 2022 expansion draft, the Las Vegas Strippers select JOHN WALL from the Houston Rockets.

Corrosion, alethios and RocketToVegas like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I would like Bassey with the 24th. I like Hyland, as a 2 way player . Scottie Lewis is higher on my list than him, but not with the 21st to 23rd.

I like taking swings too. Brandon Boston doesn't seem to have such high talent, but I admit I could be wrong. If Greg Brown has very good workouts, than I may consider him. If Springer had a reliable jumper, I could have considered him too.

11. PhiSlammaJamma

It's ok to present a delusional image in the crucible we called a season. but they need to completely overhaul the team after the pick and start clean. They can't run with these guys and expect different results. If we want another top pick I'm fine with it, but after that, coach needs to start coaching or training so he can hand off a playoff team within 5 years. It will be exhausting, but they started this out the right way.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Who said anything about blaming Stone? Weird take.

13. D-rock

D-rock Member

Public speaking is not one of Stone's strengths.

saleem, sirjesse and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  14. TimDuncanDonaut

My initial impression of the conference:

There's this slight delusion, even if it might be a fake projected one. They don't seem to be phased by 3rd worst record in team history, which to me comes off as little arrogant. I actually wish they showed a little remorse, maybe an apology to the fans how bad the team has been. Some of the reasons are legit, but they've been cycled in every post game interviews now.

When the GM complimenting the coach, and the coach complimenting the GM, I had a literal eyeroll moment. They do know our team sucks right now, right?

On one hand, they say they never intended to tank, which isn't that technically worse, because that means even with Rocket's trying, they're effort is no good. At the end of the day, the team is what its record says, and that's dead last. Other people in the org have seen the writing; CEO left, Worrell left, it's a bad team this year, no matter how they spin it.

Yes Covid put lot of players out, but this affected other teams too. Some were preventable. Rockets players, who broke protocols from birthday celebrations (Harden), to haircuts? (wall and others), to strip clubs (Sterling/KPJ).

Injuries, yes quite a bit. Few can't be helped like Wood's. But others, Rockets GM knew in advance, their health issues. From Cousins, to Wall, to Oladipo, which lead to load management and inconsistent lineups. It's not one guy, it was several guys with pre-conditions.

Lack of practice and young players, I'll give them those two. I hope they know that the team sucking and being last is not a good thing. Being last and possibly getting a high lottery pick, that's NBA pitying bad teams, not Rockets front office or coaching being good at their jobs.

For all the excuses, reasons, they could be a little regretful on how things turned out; because several of these were in their sphere of control.

If Stone says it's not a full rebuild, then I hold him to his word to see where we are next year.

#74 TimDuncanDonaut, May 18, 2021
    Last edited: May 19, 2021
  15. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Maybe it is because Stone is not comfortable with public speaking but he came off a little flippant and arrogant.

saleem likes this.
  16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

Post of the day.

Verbal Christ and D-rock like this.
  17. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think if Adam Silver decides to teach the Rockets again. Adam will rig the Lottery and give the Rockets the 5th pick which goes to OKC.

I am mentally prepared for a Terrible Lottery.

The Lottery is upside down, the Worst Record don't receive the 1st Pick, it can the 14th pick jumping to Number 1.

That is why fans are turned off by the NBA, if my team stinks the whole year, the fans and the Team deserve picks based on standing, similar to the NFL, MLB.

Only the NBA can create this terrible system.

18. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

I think if Adam Silver decides to teach the Rockets again. Adam will rig the Lottery and give the Rockets the 5th pick which goes to OKC.

I am mentally prepared for a Terrible Lottery.

Patrick Fertitta getting the 5th pick and giving it to OKC, and his sour and angry face would become a meme easily.

Daryl Morey Screws the Rockets again.

Rafael Stone and Stephen ain't smiling and laughing anymore. After a potential disaster of the Lottery.

The Lottery is upside down, the Worst Record don't receive the 1st Pick, it can the 14th pick jumping to Number 1.

That is why fans are turned off by the NBA, if my team stinks the whole year, the fans and the Team deserve picks based on standing, similar to the NFL, MLB.

Only the NBA can create this terrible system.

19. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

That's the worst thing they can do; it implies no confidence in their management skills so frankly, I'm glad they went into the PC quite arrogant. Acknowledging the team sucks is stupid.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

The team with the 14th worst record has less than 1% chance of moving up to 1. In other words it’s not happening.

people try to post this that’s why fans are turned off by the nba nonsense every year. Yet they’re still tuned in. The irony

getting the top actual pick doesn’t guarantee anyone anything. There’s still teams in the nfl and mlb that have been getting high picks year after year and they still continue to suck