1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stone conference

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Mar 29, 2021.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

believe it

Nook, Patience, ramotadab and 2 others like this.
  2. payaso

payaso Member

owwww... you're last man standing tonite! :D

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Stone is acting like this is the 05-06 season part 2, and we’re just waiting for T-Mac and Yao to get right for next season

Mr Woods, HP3, payaso and 2 others like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

His ass kissing MUST be worlds better than his public speaking.

HP3 and Reeko like this.
  5. Juxtaposed Jolt

[​IMG]

ico4498, Os Trigonum and HP3 like this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Eli Witus shouldve been the Rockets GM.

Rafael Stone is in charge of Trade Transactions on the phone. His speaking skills are terrible. Always repeating words, it gives off a lie. Pat Riley easily took advantage of Rafael Stone Incompetent Speaking Skill. Rafael is a scared negotiator.

Christian Wood was luck, that he chose here because of Harden.

Kevin Porter Jr was traded here because of JB Bickerstaff trusts John Lucas to Fix Kevin as a person.

JaeSean Tate chose Houston because of Will Weaver, his own Coach in Australia.

KJ Martin Jr. traded from Sacramento Kings Pick. Probably the only trade Stone made that is his.

Sterling Brown Chose Harden. Not Stone

#66 rockets1995, Mar 29, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2021
  7. Juxtaposed Jolt

So, wait. What was the point of this random conference? I didn't watch.

Just Stone trying to justify his actions / plotting a roadmap for the future?

RocketsTerps, Jontro and D-rock like this.
  8. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

In a weird way, the Astros went through this.

Jim Crane had a huge backlash.

Jeff Luhnow was on the hot seat by fans.

The Rockets are in a dangerous situation because of lack of money saved.

China is not supporting the Rockets a anymore. The Network TV Game money is not there.

chadyang likes this.
  9. chadyang

chadyang Member

[​IMG]

D-rock likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Here is the cliff notes version of the clown show:

Primary purpose: After the shellacking the entire clown car of an organization has taken, damage control was needed. This façade of a press conference was to make it look like everything is under control and Rockets intended and planned for this hot mess. Also they would gladly do it all over again if they had to.

Secondary purpose: To shift all the blame away from Tilman and that Stone was the one who made all the calls. Nice jester by Stone. Would have been inverse if the moves were good.

Tertiary purpose: To warn everyone that more of the same is coming and to not be judgmental towards them for next 9 years. Plenty of laughter for years to come.

For those that are not into reading and prefer pics:

[​IMG]

11. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is a perfect lesson in why you don't hire C people with no balls just looking to protect their paycheck after 15 years. Longevity is not a great reason for promotion. He was the attorney instead of the idea guy. Morey had fatal blind spots but he did have vision. This guy is a Ferntits sock puppet. Give me Hinkie even though I know he is too smart to waste his time on Ferntits. Evaluate me on the most consequential thing I have ever done after I have lost my job? Wouldn't we all love that freedom.

Lose D'Antoni, Morey, Westbrook and know you have to trade Harden and with your entire organization and more than 80% of your entire roster investment gone you have NO FUTURE plans mapped out. You don't think for one second that you NEED to trade Tucker with Harden for value or that you need to start looking at suitors for EGo. You take back an Exum. You don't create minutes for your young players knowing your about to have a merry-go-round of players running through your organization. Forget the ineptitude of Silas, this is ALL on Stone. You don't listen to rookie head coaches b**** and moan about a roster, you do what's right for the organization.

beardsanity713 and D-rock like this.
  12. fattz

fattz Member

Well we learned that maybe not hearing from Stone is a good thing. I don’t know what the goal was for the press conference was but it safe to say that was not successful.

D-rock likes this.
  13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Does Stone realize it's 2021?

14. TimDuncanDonaut

Full 28 min is up.

D-rock likes this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

This MFer said 9 years dog what?

DonkeyMagic and D-rock like this.
  16. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Telling fans explicitly that they are not going to tank next season is not a good move in my opinion. He is putting himself in the hot seat next season.

Mr Woods, D-rock and Wulaw Horn like this.
  17. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Not really, if he outright said we were tanking or don't expect to be competitive, the NBA potentially could fine/punish the Rockets similar to how they did with the 76ers a few years ago.

rockets1995 likes this.
  18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

Pretty funny he makes the comment that they determined oladipo wasn’t a good fit nonchalantly

was this before or after oladipo made the determination?

but I feel you on the injury plagued year Rafael - who could have possibly seen that coming with John wall and victor oladipo on the roster?

D-rock likes this.
  19. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I still like Stone, I do, but there’s a reason why he doesn’t talk much. He’s not a good speaker. He’s riding a bit of a cold streak, but I still think he can be a good GM. I’m way more worried about Silas. Still, whatever, it is what it is...

joshuaao, fattz and D-rock like this.