1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stocks and Investing? Listen to the New Show I Produce...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OrangeRowdy95, Oct 22, 2008.

1. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

I posted a thread a couple of weeks ago about a couple of shows I produce. After some downsizing/changes, I now produce a show called "The Wall Street Shuffle" with Dan Cofall. I've had some very informative and great guests in the 1.5 weeks I've been doing this.

Thursday is a big one though, and I'd greatly appreciate whoever is interested in the economy, business, or politics to tune in to Alice Schroeder. Nobody knows Warren Buffett more than she does. Her book "The Snowball" is being nominated for awards left and right. She will discuss her book, inside-info on Buffett, why Buffett is an Obama supporter, Warren's possible successor at Berkshire, more stuff on Obama, and she will also take listener calls.

BizRadio is 1110 AM in Houston and Dallas/FW. My show is from 2:00 - 3:00 pm. Please call-in if you have any questions or comments to our hotline:
    1-877-777-7713.

I have an all-star cast of guests coming up. Alice Schroeder tomorrow, John Talbot (author of Obamanomics) Friday.

Of course, I'm working on Mr. Alexander and Mr. Cuban because a couple of posters raised the questions on how the economy will affect basketball decisions (Mr. Alexander has lost tons of money via First Marblehead).

Give it a listen; that's all I ask. Please feel free to call in. I'm working hard to bring in top-notch guests and change the culture of the program and station to make it more professional. Your input and suggestions are much-appreciated. Thanks.

2. Yonkers

Yonkers Member

Whoa, from $40 to $1. wtf happened there?

3. Mr. Brightside

Didn't Les make his fortune trading bonds?

4. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

I have become an 1110 junkie over the past few months. I am a big fan of Carl Eggers(sp?) in the morning.

Good stuff. I'll try to give it a listen,.

5. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

nice...i'll call in if i get the chance...i do this for game though, not real money..i dont make enough money to invest in real life...would u still take my call lol...

6. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

Of course. We have a lot of listeners who do it for game and they still call in. Some even give advice to their friends/dads.

7. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

Karl just took over the morning drive-show a couple of weeks ago (after my show was canceled and my talkshow host was let go). I'm an "outside producer" for his show, so whenever you want anything added to his show or have any suggestions on guests or topics, feel free to let me know. He knows his stuff. We at BizRadio wish we had his stunning looks. :p

8. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

I listen to Karl every morning and love his insight on the market. Also the the Opening Bell with Jim an Pat is a staple of my morning commute.

9. cdastros

cdastros Member

Can I listen to it online?

10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

He had a ton of money invested in First Marblehead at some point within the last year or two.

*EDIT* : Good grief, as of Sept. '08 he still had over 15 million shares in it apparently.

11. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

Yes, go to www.bizradio.com and click the "Live Streaming" Application on the home page.

12. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Member

13. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Yikes. First Marblehead is down 96% for the year.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Les is going to hand out CrackerJack boxes for next year's ring ceremony.