1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CXbby

CXbby Member

You guys need to learn how to read a income statement. You are looking at revenue not operating expenses.

2. CXbby

CXbby Member

1.857 is the operating expense. Cost of goods is taken out of revenue to figure out gross profit. Operating expenses is taken out of gross profit to figure out net profit.

How the f you guys investing money when you don't know accounting basics or what operating expenses even are?!

3. CXbby

CXbby Member

Market as a whole free falling, check out arkk, or any growth stocks. At least I'm short the ones down more than any other, Rivn lcid

4. Sajan

Sajan Member

Ya we got it. You are short lcid and rivn. You said it 500 times already.

Nasdaq is down 30%, TSLA is down 50%...so I would a bit more than market no?

5. Sajan

Sajan Member

It costs money to make sht to sell to make money......
    We are not talking net profit.

We are talking what does it cost Tesla every quarter to make money...and it seems to be 15 billion..

RIVN's is 1.5
    Cost of revenues 0.597 + Total operating expenses 1.077

Cxbby relax bud. I just like seeing you riled up defending TSLA with all your heart. it's fun to watch lol

#18485 Sajan, May 20, 2022
    Last edited: May 20, 2022
  6. CXbby

CXbby Member

I didn't short nasdaq to hedge, I shorted Rivn and lucid, how much are they down?

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

I don't really care about LCID or RIVN (don't have a single dollar invested in either). so you tell mee..

You have to let me have my fun with you. You're insufferable during TSLAs green days so be prepared to take some during these red days...

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

We are not talking about net profit, we are talking about operating expenses. When you make a widget or car or whatever, the steel or parts or whatever are accounted for in cost of goods. This is higher the more product you sell, the more revenue you have, the higher the COGS, because they are part of the cost in making the products. This has nothing to do with OPERATING expenses, which are costs associated with running the business, such as selling, general and administrative costs(sga), which is the costs you pay your employees, R&D etc.

Rivn OPERATING expenses were $1b last quarter, and $2b in q4 last year (that's the one I was talking about). Teslas operating expense is $1.8b. This is ridiculous because tesla as a company is 100-1000 times bigger, yet they have similar operating expenses because as I said, Rivn bit off way more than they can chew.

You can't lump cogs together with operating expenses to make it look like tesla is so much higher. Tesla cogs are higher because they actually sell things whereas Rivn doesn't even have revenue or produce products to incur cogs.

9. CXbby

CXbby Member

Do you understand what a hedge is? If you want to make fun of me on the down days (ok...dick, whatever floats your boat) how are you going to ignore the hedges I have that are down way more lol

10. CXbby

CXbby Member

Seriously though if you guys don't understand this gtfo of the stock market before you lose everything

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am not talking about your hedge or your portfolio though....
    Specially talking about TSLA.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Oh tsla is ****ed

Ziggy and CCity Zero like this.
  13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everyone is ****ed. Globalization is over and no one is saying it out loud.

Sajan likes this.
  14. CXbby

CXbby Member

We are going in recession. Won't be as bad as 2008 but a good -35% in the S&P is probably in order.

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I’ll keep buying. Although ETFs (like I use) are flawed because they don’t separate winners and losers and the market gets unbalanced as a result.

CXbby likes this.
  16. Sajan

Sajan Member

It's 2AM at the club and we are about to see who is going home with a 2 out of 10.
    I hope $20 cocktails were worth it....I mean PELETON AT 170. lolol..

Ubiquitin and Ziggy like this.
  17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

In similar news. The good part about recession is cheaper hookers

Sajan likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Fire sale in more ways than one.

Is this a play for antibiotics pharma stocks?

Ziggy likes this.
  19. Beezy

Beezy Member

TSLA investors got infected by the woke mind virus.

Sajan likes this.
  20. Sajan

Sajan Member

You got another crowd..Telsa owners. They are in a pickle. Elon out there acting like Trump 2.0. Exposing himself. Being an asshat on twitter.
    So do they continue support him by buying Telsa or they take their woke money elsewhere?

Invisible Fan, Ziggy and Ubiquitin like this.