1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Sajan

Sajan Member

[​IMG]

Invisible Fan and saitou like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

^Azure made a huge jump. Guess that justifies MS stock price as well.

Google Cloud would be shitcanned as a product already if it weren't so braindead for them to offer it...

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

azure provides infra to host all the saas companies. if azure is booming, i take it the saas companies must be having a good qtr too.

dmoneybangbang and Invisible Fan like this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

holy, warrants up 40% today, good volume on underlying. was going to hodl this as an "investment"; tempting me to flip it @PWR what's your read on IRNT as a swing trade?

edit: 50% now

PWR likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Naaaah. I had a nice position in NET. Loved NET. But it fell victim to some of the market pull-back a few months ago and I pulled out with my tail between my legs. Probably my biggest regret of the bunch.

saitou and Sajan like this.
  6. PWR

PWR Member

I took 2 day trades on it yesterday. Made some money. As for a swing, I would be cautious. The EMAs are turning fast, so I would definitely keep an eye on it (maybe take a small gamble at this point). They aren't stacked just yet... but might be with another good day or two.

If you're already in it for cheap, I would hold and see what happens. A few more big volume days and you're gonna kill it.

saitou likes this.
  7. PWR

PWR Member

HUDI has 555 followers on stocktwits, and no social media buzz. The most quiet runner in the stock market, lol. You gotta love quiet money.

[​IMG]

saitou and peleincubus like this.
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

no idea if it will be good stonk, but the product look surprisingly good

Sajan and PWR like this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

10. adoo

adoo Member

while MSFT is catching its breath, just closed this bullish CALL spread for a credit of $4.65

[​IMG]
    still have 3 10-pt bullish PUT spreads which will likely expire worthless on 10-29

#17410 adoo, Oct 28, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  11. adoo

adoo Member

after consolidating around the 62% retracement level,
    APPS has been inching towards the top of the cup ~~ low to mid 90s

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

price can be irrational selling off after good earnings, but i'm comfortable just holding my shares thru earnings on Monday. based on googl and peri earnings, i think earnings are more likely to be good than bad, due to APPS' revenue skew towards android (and not ios). the main potential headwind i can think of is if new android phone sales are down badly due to supply chain issues, a good portion of their revenue comes from pre-loading apps on new phones.

this will also be first full qtr with all of their recent acquisitions reporting. hope to see synergies improving bottomline.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

whag00 likes this.
  14. PWR

PWR Member

I'm partial to SPI's electric/solar truck that debuts in November. Mainly because their stock made me have one of the best trading days ever last year when it ran 1500% on 9/23 (lol). I'll never forget it ran from $3 to $46 in a few hours. Stock is below $6 today, I may buy some shares just in case it runs after the car show debut.

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

Sajan likes this.
  16. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

saitou likes this.
  17. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Amazon and Apple getting smoked after hours. AMZN with back-to-back bad ER…and has been dead money for 16 plus months.

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Not that bad, I think both misses have been priced in to a certain extent. AWS growth accelerated again. Saas companies must be doing well.

whag00 likes this.
  19. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Finally went through and read about Amazon's quarter. It looks like AWS was great but the supply constraints in labor costs got them. It will definitely be a good opportunity to buy more soon for both companies.

saitou likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

F-it; fomo'd and bought a few shares to hold. Want to own some in case they really become the next trillion dollar public cloud. If it crashes back to earth buy dip.