1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

See? You're trying to inject sanity into it again. Tulips, pet rocks, dot com companies, scam crypto, GME ... it's just a continuation on a theme. In the case of QS and crypto, everyone's betting on the future and trying to capitalize. Globally, it's easier to get into ETH and BTC than it is QS for many people, probably -- especially retail. There are people buying crypto that have no idea wth it is or why they're buying other than "it's going to go up". And they make money quickly. That's all that matters to them. The same thing was really true with QS. I can ask why the hell does a company that isn't going to be coming out with any product really for about 2-3 years having its stock bid up so quickly? Crypto is just on a larger, more easily accesible scale for many. This isn't about fundamentals - it's about hopium. lol.

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

noted, will treat it as just another hype play

3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Seagate, Western Digital continue rally as Chia frenzy drives HDD shortage

https://seekingalpha.com/news/36972...inue-rally-as-chia-frenzy-drives-hdd-shortage

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i'm hoping for copy cat proof of space coins and forks. chia gold, chia diamond, chia cash; hahaha.

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

keep the sjitcoin talk to the appropriate thread. Bitcoin thread has already been ruined.

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

appropriate. don't care about the shitcoin, i care about STX/WDC.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Those go in the shitstocks thread. :p

saitou likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

lol! i'll remember to put a v.1

11. adoo

adoo Member

i stil have znte, hanging in there.

just hope for some pin-ball action from the much-anticipated Biden infrastructure bill

#16411 adoo, May 17, 2021
    Last edited: May 17, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Burry short on TSLA - headline. But not really NEW info. Fresh headline though due to the filing. Meanwhile ARK is bleeding out in an alley.

saitou and Sajan like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. No! I'll never be able to put a new PC together, at this rate. I may dip into WDC/STX, though. I should've bought earlier, but didn't think the lunacy would get even more looney. Never underestimate the mind of the greedy, I guess. :D

14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Imo elon's tweets on btc are dmg repair due to those carbon credits getting scrutinized. Wouldn't surprise me if burry "helped" point out to the the people in charge that tsla ain't so green anymore lol.

Ziggy likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Since i posted below they reduced ACIC and completely liquidated SPCE at a loss. Meanwhile arkx (their Space ETF)'s 2nd biggest holding is their own PRNT ETF (is this even legal??), and includes other stuff like jd.com and netflix, still no rocket lab.

Their latest adventure was trying to swing trade and buy the dip on WKHS at $16 after the short report came out. increased from 2.6m shares to 5.6m shares, finally liquidating at $8 last week. i think almost every spac they've bought is lower than their entry point, meanwhile part-time noobs here could differentiate hype plays vs long term growth spacs like DMYD/GENI ($19 today despite the tech dip).

If they are buying companies they believe are long term holds and dips are just a matter of sentiment depressing price, I would still respect them. They say they invest with long term 5 year time frames, but they go in and out of positions within weeks, and use CNBC/twitter to shill their positions. Just another wall street firm that likes to pump and dump (albeit with less success these days).

peleincubus and Ziggy like this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Been hunting for insider trades - the only indicator that hasn't failed me.

[​IMG]
    LTRX - CEO bought $200k worth last week. Earnings turning positive this year; analysts giving fwd p/e of 17. Recently made accretive acquisition.
    edit: while typing it went up 30 cents!

[​IMG]
    BXRX - biotech with positive phase 3 result. shares have tanked on news of likely dilution coming soon, but insider buying from ceo, cfo and director last week. more speculative, took a smaller position to gamble.

[​IMG]
    CWH - fwd p/e of 8~, and its been growing. ceo keeps buying. my biggest position of the 3, bought ytd at $43.

Ziggy likes this.
  18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So how do I get rich quick guys? Give me something risky to do with a few hundred bucks. :D

Sajan likes this.
  19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Best bet is to get a time machine. Go to March 2020. Put everything you have into tech. Cash out 9 months later. Pay off your house if you got a 2nd mortgage to go all in. Hold the rest of your profits and start dollar cost averaging back in until you double and triple your money. Then cash back out and repeat.

Ziggy likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

the highest risk/reward play with a chance of success that i can think of is CVM. Their 9 year phase 3 trial finally completed in december (they had to wait for a statistically significant no. of patients to die to get the data), and we're waiting the results. The fact that patients took much longer than expected to die is a good sign that the drug works, but there's all sorts of things that can go wrong with this type of trial that is trying to change the standard of care (higher bar than just a usual drug approval). A lot of ppl were expecting results of the trial in April, its may and we're still waiting. a clear cut positive trial result will send the shares 10x, a negative result will send it to $2. i have a few lottery tickets in way ootm june calls. Great article below outlining why bulls think they've got a winner, and all the bear arguments by the shorts (there's a bunch of them). high risk, so don't blame me if it goes to $2 haha.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/4418652-cel-sci-stock-multikine-to-change-standard-of-care

peleincubus and RudyTBag like this.