1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. AWIN

AWIN Member

nahhh they are just selling off in order to pay the GME r****ds!

2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

no NET for you sir?

edit: NET earnings call in 1hr
    FLGT call in 30mins

#16302 saitou, May 6, 2021
    Last edited: May 6, 2021
  3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I cant be trusted with NET. Not anymore. Good luck to you though.

saitou likes this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I got in PIXY.. I don't know how much it'll go but could be AH/PM type play. Definitely be careful - I got in @ $2.50 so I don't know how long I'll stay.

5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Phew! FLGT recovered on earnings result, went from $67 to $77.

https://fulgentgenetics.gcs-web.com...eports-record-first-quarter-financial-results

Fulgent Genetics Reports Record First Quarter Financial Results

First Quarter 2021 Results:

• Record Revenue of $359.4 million, growing more than 4,500% year-over-year
    • Record Billable tests delivered approximately 3.8 million, or 290 times the volume of first quarter of 2020
    • Gross Margin improved approximately 32 percentage points year-over-year
    • NGS Revenue grew 115% year-over-year
    • Record GAAP income of $200.7 million, or $6.52 per share
    • Record Non-GAAP income of $202.9 million, or $6.59 per share
    • Record Adjusted EBITDA of $271.9 million
    • Cash from operations of $233.2 million; Cash and investments of $697.4 million as of March 31, 2021
    2021 Outlook:

• Raises full year total revenue outlook to $830 million from $800 million, representing growth of 97% year over year
    • Raises NGS revenue outlook to $100 million from $70 million, representing growth of 174% year over year
    • Expects GAAP income of approximately $12.00 per share; non-GAAP income of approximately $12.50 per share in 2021

Cokebabies likes this.
  6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

NET looking great! NRR went up while FSLY went down.

https://cloudflare.net/news/news-de...t-Quarter-2021-Financial-Results/default.aspx

Cloudflare Announces First Quarter 2021 Financial Results
    05/06/2021

• First quarter revenue totaled $138.1 million, representing an increase of 51% year-over-year
    • Record dollar-based net retention of 123%, representing an increase of 600 basis points year-over-year
    • Strong large customer growth, with a record addition of roughly 120 large customers in the quarter and large customers now representing greater than 50% of revenue
    SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Cloudflare, Inc. (NYSE: NET), the security, performance, and reliability company helping to build a better Internet, today announced financial results for its first quarter ended March 31, 2021.

“We had a record-setting start to the year. Our Q1 revenue growth was up 51% year-over-year, and dollar net retention increased to 123%. We crossed 4 million total customers, and our large customer count was up 70% year-over-year, accounting for more than half of our total revenue,” said Matthew Prince, co-founder & CEO of Cloudflare. “We delivered terrific financial results while also investing in innovation, the fuel our engine runs on. Firing on all cylinders, we've already announced or delivered more than 100 products and capabilities this year. There's no slowing down as we continue to deliver business-critical offerings and displace point solutions with Cloudflare's robust global network.”

First Quarter Fiscal 2021 Financial Highlights

• Revenue: Total revenue of $138.1 million, representing an increase of 51% year-over-year.
    • Gross Profit: GAAP gross profit was $106.0 million, or 76.8% gross margin, compared to $70.4 million, or 77.2%, in the first quarter of 2020. Non-GAAP gross profit was $107.2 million, or 77.6% gross margin, compared to $71.5 million, or 78.3%, in the first quarter of 2020.
    • Operating Loss: GAAP loss from operations was $31.3 million, or 22.6% of total revenue, compared to $36.1 million, or 39.5% of total revenue, in the first quarter of 2020. Non-GAAP loss from operations was $7.5 million, or 5.4% of total revenue, compared to $14.4 million, or 15.8% of total revenue, in the first quarter of 2020.
    • Net Loss: GAAP net loss was $40.0 million, compared to $32.7 million in the first quarter of 2020. Non-GAAP net loss was $9.3 million, compared to $12.3 million in the first quarter of 2020. GAAP net loss per share was $0.13, compared to $0.11 in the first quarter of 2020. Non-GAAP net loss per share was $0.03, compared to $0.04 in the first quarter of 2020.
    • Cash Flow: Net cash flow from operations was $23.5 million, compared to negative $14.3 million for the first quarter of 2020. Free cash flow was negative $2.2 million, or 2% of total revenue, compared to negative $30.6 million, or 34% of total revenue, in the first quarter of 2020.
    • Cash, cash equivalents, and available-for-sale securities were $1,035.2 million as of March 31, 2021.
    The section titled "Non-GAAP Financial Information" below describes our usage of non-GAAP financial measures. Reconciliations between historical GAAP and non-GAAP information are contained at the end of this press release following the accompanying financial data.

Financial Outlook

The following forward-looking statements regarding our financial outlook are subject to substantial uncertainty as a result of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, reflect our estimates as of May 6, 2021 regarding the impact of the pandemic on our operations, and are highly dependent on numerous factors that we may not be able to predict or control, including, among others: the duration, spread, and severity of the pandemic; actions taken by governments and businesses in response to the pandemic and the resulting impact on our customers, vendors, and partners; the timing of administering COVID-19 vaccines around the world and the long-term efficiency of these vaccines; the impact of the pandemic on global and regional economies and economic activity generally; our ability to continue operating in impacted areas; and customer demand and spending patterns.

For the second quarter of fiscal 2021, we expect:

• Total revenue of $145.5 to $146.5 million
    • Non-GAAP loss from operations of $10 to $9 million
    • Non-GAAP net loss per share of $0.04 to $0.03, utilizing weighted average common shares outstanding of approximately 308 million
    For the full year fiscal 2021, we expect:

• Total revenue of $612 to $616 million
    • Non-GAAP loss from operations of $28 to $24 million
    • Non-GAAP net loss per share of $0.11 to $0.10, utilizing weighted average common shares outstanding of approximately 310 million

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

what's the deal here? rally over instagram post?? haha

8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yes, haha - the ig post I think hinted at ntf, super silly. I definitely didn't do usual DD and was just following trends, I think there could be more to go but I don't get the feeling it's the PRPO move that happened, I hope it moves again more in AH/PM but if not I'll probably be on to the next anyway and then find out it was a $100 stock or something - you know the usual thing, lol

I'm hoping next week goes better, I started off week with trash timing on everything lol

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

With so many quality companies trading at discounts (net, apps, sdgr, etc), I'm selling off my more speculative positions (byrn, xxii, doge, near nav spacs) to load up on these. Price is subjective and they can fall lower of course, but this is how I'm thinking about it - we are paying same price as 6 months ago, even tho after 2qtrs of high growth and improving scale/leverage these companies are fundamentally much stronger now. My biggest regrets are not buying enough when I had strong gut feel that price of a stock was too cheap but didn't dare pull trigger cos of market sentient at the time (like twtr at $20 last year), don't want anymore regrets. I haven't quit my job yet, if there's a real crash... I'll just keep putting my salary into the market, maybe live off instant noodles lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Fantasma Negro

Some analysts are claiming this is great news for the market, especially the tech sector

#16310 Fantasma Negro, May 7, 2021
    Last edited: May 7, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

It really makes me wonder if they are drawing the right conclusions or if there are other factors - like saas sector getting spooked by FSLY's terrible earnings sparking fears that previous sector out performance was only due to covid, then their direct competitor NET's blow out earnings in after hours showing that the sector is actually doing great, FSLY just had a bad qtr. To me NET's earnings weren't just good, key point was net retention rate improving to highest ever 123% - all companies eventually run out of new customers to acquire, but NET's ability to upsell new products to existing base is accelerating, increasing their potential ceiling. NET was down 14% ytd and immediately recovered in after hours on earnings report well before the job numbers came out.

12. adoo

adoo Member

recall, during the last 2 wks, the fear of inflation (outgrowth of re-opening, stim checks & the anticipated infrastructure bill) drove the stock price of hi valuation techs down quite a bit.

today job # was significantly below expectation, meaning that the inflation pressure will not be rising as fast as previously estimated.

the 10-yr yield came down
    in view of this latest economic news, many of the hi valuation tech were beaten down unfairly. eg. NET, SDGR, APPS, etc

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  13. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

So are we all abandoning the market for crypto ? Lol been a brutal past couple months with stocks. I’m hoping crypto takes a break now though and some of that money goes back in now that doge hype is dying down

Sajan likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

...eventually. Those rates will be rising. Hard for me to get bullish on anything these days.

whag00 likes this.
  15. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Yeah I have just been doing some quick in and out in some of the names that sold off post earnings despite posting good results. F, MSFT and HON did pretty well last few days.

But I don’t really love anything right now.

16. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Cause everything is being shorted to hell by teh hedge funds
    Several Dow stocks have been strong tho

davidio840 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

No comprendo. The SP500 and DJIA are at record highs. Nasdaq has taken a hit and will continue sideways to down as the pandemic winds to a close and the need for all the cloud based/communications/payment systems lessens. The investment money in tech is basically is getting rotated out to more traditional parts of the economy.

Look into hotel, travel and airlines for outperformance going forward. I've been traveling the entire pandemic and now the airports are packed and hotel rates have been increasing as well.

dmoneybangbang and saitou like this.
  18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Y'all need to get away from crazy-ass tech moonshots and SPACs for a bit. Lots of sectors have been going up during this or at least giving good returns. The first few months of the year saw financials and energy doing well.

It hasn't been "free money" like last year and November-February, but it's been good money the past few months. FCX, GM, MOS, NUE, MLM, DE, JPM, etc. all did pretty well the past few months. I finally got out of FCX, but am regretting it already even though I was in it for a year from around $11 to $35. It decided to keep going as copper prices kept going up. The big disaster I had recently was with USCR which had been doing well until they reported their most recent earnings. Ah well.

Find sectors doing well or poised to do well. The stock market is about more than riding the backs of looney SPACs, moonshot techs, and roll-the-dice penny stocks. :D With that being said, I'm still wary of the boom being lowered later this year/early next year with regards to inflation/interest rates.

saitou likes this.
  19. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Yup id been playing a lot of tech, growth, momentum stocks etc. Definitely was different last year. But I do see them coming back later this year. I know there’s other opportunities out there like the tickers you mentioned and I’ve been keeping an eye on it all but I’ve been mostly on the sidelines. Yea I don’t see the interest rate problem getting any better at least In the short term.

saitou likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

For the first time in a year, Singapore has been tightening covid measures instead of loosening them, my office went back to full work from home last week. Other parts of Asia also seeing new outbreaks. Tech won't outperform to the extent it did last year, but the good tech companies are likely to continue posting very good earnings and growth - that's my thesis anyway. Last 3 months have been pain. For non tech I think the commodity plays are safer; don't dare touch airlines etc.

Any of you in $LESL? I see online rumblings of chlorine shortage and lesl as a way to play it.

#16320 saitou, May 9, 2021
    Last edited: May 9, 2021
    Rodman23 likes this.