1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Anyone following the situation with GTII?

Ubiquitin likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sold UAL this morning @60.20

saitou likes this.
  4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

#16004 saitou, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I finally got into DKNG.

saitou likes this.
  6. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

I was in FUBO at $8 and sold it way too early. Granted the price has taken quite a hit recently. I think numbers should be good for May, so it could rally up by then. It's also heavily shorted though

saitou likes this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

The -$11 EPS per share is still scary though lol. I feel another sharing offering coming.

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

up 50% since i bought a week ago despite no news. insider buying really is the best signal, but it's hard to reliably track these purchases. finviz has a filter, but there's a lot false positives with option exercises counting as "buying"; and i think it misses some of the smaller caps.

i'm down to manually checking the EDGAR site for every stock I track when I have time. If you guys have a better site/method for this let me know!

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Article says valuation in private market is $100bn.

Took a glance at the S1, it's a direct listing with no lock-up period; if there is pent up desire among long time shareholders to sell their shares, price could get depressed at the start giving us a good buy opportunity (a lot of posters here scooped up PLTR another direct listing at $10). Definitely worth keeping an eye on. You guys in the bitcoin thread probably have a better feel for what Coinbase is worth, do chime in if you have thoughts on it :)

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/0001679788/000162828021005373/coinbaseglobalincs-1a2.htm

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

APPS, w a 1 Jun ERs, is a MACD cross-over candidate

20 dma appears to be bouncing off the 50 dma towards the upper trading channel.
    since Feb 2021, this will be the 4th attempt to break thru

my bet is that it will break thru, sold a 5-pt bullish PUT spread for $2.45, defining my max risk ~ $2.55​

#16010 adoo, Apr 6, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I could not believe the valuation. Even in THIS climate of bananas valuations. It soured me on it a bit. It's valued not for what it is, but for what it could be, like many other stocks, but this seems to be on the farthest extreme of speculation. I also already feel pretty crypto-heavy as it is.

Is ARKF buying?

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

No idea if ark buying, but my gut feel now is that if it comes in at $100bn valuation, i'll jump in. Price to sales that's still cheaper than RBLX, and COIN is actually turning in a profit. Another comparison are the stock brokers. IBKR is has a $30bn market cap, and the stock market is more fragmented. Do you think COIN will remain the big boy in the crypto exchange world? Any threats? Gemini?

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I'm still holding apps shares as a medium/long term hold. Only trade today was selling naked puts on FLGT, MAY $90 strike, $10 premium.

14. adoo

adoo Member

exited 1/3 of my fb options and use the proceeds to buy a bullish CALL spread on CRM

[​IMG]

CRM has formed a W bouncing off the low trading channel, broken thru 20 dma and 50% retracement level, heading towards the 50 dma.
    the lagging indicator has confirmed a change in direction to the upside, the 20 dma line is hooking up towards the 50 dma line.

bought the 220/250 CALL spread for the 27 May ERS run

#16014 adoo, Apr 7, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2021
    whag00 and saitou like this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I sold calls on MARA on Monday when it was up 10%+. I sold aggressive puts on MARA yesterday when it dropped like 11%. I've never actually been assigned on MARA (but came close).

I don't follow SOS closely, but a negative PR campaign (lawsuit) was initiated against them (not the first time) on Monday. This caused the stock to drop further. Then, from what it looks like, a whale went all-in (rumored to be the same people behind the negative PR) causing SOS to skyrocket 30%+. I'd be lying if I told you I saw that coming. What I did see coming was SOS dropping. I bought puts.

Playing the mining companies seems to be the only thing I can make sense out of these days. And the stronger BTC resistance becomes the easier the game is to play.

Still worried about that upcoming RIOT earnings report though. It could shake up the price points in the mining category.

saitou likes this.
  16. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

I bought some AMD today. It dropped 25%, bounced, dropped and retested, held and now is moving again.

They seem to have more business then they can handle right now...hopefully earnings is kind to shareholders.

Invisible Fan and saitou like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

CRWD---rising from the ashes---is bouncing off the low trading channel; in doing so, its trading action has reversed the recent down trend

[​IMG]

sold a 200/195 bullish PUT spread, collecting $2.45 premium in advance, defining my max risk of $2.55​

saitou likes this.
  18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Lol I don't understand NOKIA stock.
    Good news = stock goes down. Bad news = stock goes down. No news = stock goes down.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's not hard to understand. It's a $4 stock. For the rest of your life. $4.

saitou likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

aapl looking good. my Jan 2021 calls are ITM now :D

sold $7.50 strike may puts on NNDM, $0.85 prem. Its cash position alone is worth almost $3 per share.

thegary and whag00 like this.