1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, really don't apologize! I prefer for us to keep sharing, I mean ultimately we make our own decisions to buy/sell. So if I buy in on something that's on me.

saitou likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

post the double top---resulting from its announcement of chip shortage (~ its 10 Feb ERS) ---since that doji, "+", 7 trading days ago,
    GM has been inching upward along the low end of the recent trading channel.

[​IMG]

looks like either
    • a triple top in the making or
    • a break thru, catapaulting from the W, breaking away from the previous double top
    in the last ERS, GM beat all expectations, but cautioned about the chip shortage.

#15622 adoo, Mar 4, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
    CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Who's going to get in the BUZZ ETF? A friend of mine occasionally sends me stuff Portnoy does usually as a joke but this seems interesting if it does a good job tracking positions. I didn't check into it much but iirc the previous etf like this at least gave decent annual returns. I wonder if they missed the big opportunity since they should have had this out during the big run.

4. adoo

adoo Member

dave portnoy is deeply involved w it. that's a no no for me.

if i want to follow an internet celebrity,
    i'd rather follow the Kadashians​

Invisible Fan and CCity Zero like this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ERX absolutely SAVING me, man. Never thought I'd be an o&g investor but these are scary times.

Fun ride waiting to see if I will be assigned hundreds of shares of PLTR at $24. Sigh.

BUZZ ETF - seems like fun to me. Even in these dark times (lulz).

Anti-Portnoy = agreed.

CCity Zero likes this.
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

This semiconductor mess is going to make things more difficult short term. Like some easy tech/automobile picks are not easy when negative news on supply/tariffs etc. come up. I also don't think I saw a great update yet on the plan to help alleviate this.

It's probably easier to just flip nvidia cards if you hire a bot..., haha. Not serious but I think the avg price is 2-3x atm. I think it's ridiculous that the investment is probably the safest I've ever seen for these scalpers, ie if the supply returns and price drops they can just return them to the store. Hell my old gtx 1080 is worth more than what I paid for it a few years ago. If I knew this was going to go bonkers could have loaded up on 1070/1080/2060-2080 nvidia cards for the easiest returns.

7. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'm buying the dips but the dips keep dipping.
    The Dips keep Dipping!

8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Tesla dropping.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

If I recall AAPL was still trading at a high historical P/E, esp. compared to MSFT. You're also absolutely right about the risk about the privacy ones. The IOS 14.5 update is a huge bombshell as I work with mobile ads but my long-term thesis is that AAPL doesn't really care about privacy and is using it as an excuse to screw all mobile ad vendors like FB so that they can build their own ad platform similar to Google. The problem is that AAPL sucks at building ad platforms. =P

You can't make $ if not vested but you also can't lose. It's hard to find safe sectors now with tech getting killed, and travel/airlines/banks having run up so much. I'm still cost averaging my SPAC positions for things that are trading near $10 or even below.

saitou likes this.
  11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, yeah, Portnoy has to be the luckiest person I've seen. I'm definitely anti-portnoy too.

Since he's not directly making the decisions it could be fun vs what we're seeing... at least I hope I remember reading that.... I'm just watching it, so I didn't take out a 2nd mortgage yet (lol, not serious on ever doing that for stocks).

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Anyone watching Tesla? I'd like it to go down a bit more.... Sub $600 for just a few minutes...

htownrox1 likes this.
  13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Sell a put if you're so confident. Then sweat balls as every stock in this market goes to $0. Lulz.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Yeah, brutal couple of days, just staying long...

saitou and davidio840 like this.
  15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

This has been due for a while now.... However, I wish I sold out of some of my swing trades though lol

Invisible Fan likes this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Lol, I bought some risky puts and just moved them quick. I timed it off by like a few minutes... Fortunately I went from being down - 15% on it, to being up +15% on exit, I'll take small wins... If I played that a little better I'd have made 50% was way late on entry since I had work for day job, lol really should clear calendar when you get in dangerous Tesla options... It really gets your blood going, lol. If I was going to sell puts I'd prob target 400-500 and have them all expire tomorrow, but man..... That IV makes it so crazy. If I did it, I'd tell everyone to buy puts because it'll go to like $100 with my luck atm.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

18. AWIN

AWIN Member

Buy the dips, diamond hands, apes strong together and we all go to the moon.

19. Sajan

Sajan Member

If tech was overvalued, I would say reopening ones are overvalued now also.
    It seems like we are rearranging chairs on the titanic.

20. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]

CCity Zero likes this.