1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

2. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    the previous 2 trading days, the shortists had taken sdgr below 100, today's action is poppong off the 20 dma

saitou likes this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Long term HODL for me. Gonna hold into earnings and see where this goes.

4. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

i've rotating out of spacs as a lot of the value proposition has been lost the last few months (warrants running wild to $4, and sometimes above that despite no LoA), but now is the time to start looking at near NAV SPACs again (those with management that have high chance of snaring a good acquisition). Bought back into ZNTE and added FPAC last week. Low downside place to park $. @Cokebabies what's the latest in near NAV land? haha

CCity Zero likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Anyone know what's the exact date of lock-up expiration for U? I see conflicting information online for 8 Feb and 17 March. If it's 180 days from the S-1 filing (as stated here https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1810806/000119312520227862/d908875ds1.htm), it should be 20 Feb. Very confusing.

[​IMG]

By any earnings/revenue valuation metric this is still expensive; but this is a duopoly in a product niche that is already impt and will keep growing. So tempting.

edit: @adoo if you pull back and look at SDGR's daily chart from Feb 2020 ipo to end Sep 2020, doesn't the chart look remarkably similar? Wait awhile to see if it bounces off the blue trendline?

#15545 saitou, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
  6. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'll be interested on answer for U, I've had similar issues in the past with valid sources giving different dates.

7. adoo

adoo Member

not exactly.

in Sep 2020, SDGR had already bounced off support, and risen to break some resistance levels.

right now, U appears to have find support at the low trend line. but notice the 2 "doji" near the low trend line. "+" are indication of hesitation among traders,

suggesting that a change in direction may be coming​

saitou likes this.
  8. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks! will keep watching this.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Page 777. Ask and ye will receive. 1/3 the way there!

saitou likes this.
  10. adoo

adoo Member

@saitou, thanks for the suggestion

[​IMG]
    did more fundy analysis, like it more than before.

options are expensive, IV ~ 67; thus i've chosen to be a net seller of option contracts

just got filled on this credit spread, collecting $2.60 of premium in advance, defining my max risk to be $2.40

bto Apr 105 PUT
    sto Apr 110 PUT
    should U trade as i expected, these are the targets before the 5 May ERS, as per the Finbonacci retracement
    • 50%, 120
    • 61.8%, 133
    it could even close the 140-150 gap​

#15550 adoo, Mar 1, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2021
    The Real Shady and saitou like this.
  11. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

It looks like pre-assigned SPAC premiums are much lower and didn't go up today much aside from select names. I interpret this as retail still being scared and playing things more conservatively. I'm underwater on my SPACs that I chased up to ~$11.50 but having 15% downside to $10 isn't the worst thing in the world. I can't imagine what it's like for all the WSB crowd who chased premiums past $13 and are still holding. In general I'm not looking to put on new positions SPACs or otherwise for awhile and am still looking for exit points as my sentiment is still bearish, esp. around tech and SPACs. If CLOV doesn't hit a home run with earnings AH today, I'm dumping the rest of those shares.

saitou likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Was messing around with calls in FSR and TSLA. with the fun IV it's best to trade those in real time or make sure you're okay w/ swings/safe plan to limit risk.

I'm looking at FSR for calls further out that I can find reasonable risk on, not in either atm and took profit since these were both very quick plays. But looking into $30-40 strike calls further out.

saitou likes this.
  13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

adoo and CCity Zero like this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Wow. What a day. One of the best days I've ever had despite the small pullback the past few days and me selling some stuff earlier. I was almost 25% cash. What can a guy do to get a legit correction around here? :D Ah well, I'm not gonna complain too much.

thegary likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Oh be quiet you :p more @peleincubus voodoo pls

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Crash! Crash! Crash! Those are the best times to plow money into the market and forget about it. lol. I'm hoping this is a good time to do some shopping, though.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Lots of things up today, so there's a danger in extrapolating too much, but it seems to me that advertising is an underrated part of the reopening trade, it's more than just materials/travel. MGNI and PERI have been on fire lately as well due to actual performance, not just hype. Didn't want to buy on a green day, but will try to re-balance more googl/aapl when possible.

CCity Zero likes this.
  18. jsingles

jsingles Member

MVIS helped make this a +$1,475 day. Would have been much better if ENZC didn't crap the bed.

Waiting for the completed transfer, moving my Roth IRA from Betterment to Vanguard, plan on getting into some stocks with high upside. Lord knows I have to time to wait things out.

19. adoo

adoo Member

ZM had an impressive ERS---beating all expectionas---awa providing an ambitious guidance
    [​IMG]
    in after hours, trading action was up another ~50​

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan