1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. MexAmercnMoose

congrats to those that held, diamond hands for the lulz

2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

The news turned out to be lukewarm. The order is just for "review"... no action yet. But still hopeful. I need to buy more.

saitou likes this.
  3. marky :)

marky :) Member

I’ll be making a master class and a YouTube channel on making gains with only $12.

CCity Zero, Sajan and saitou like this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

got in when FCX ~~ 22 in Dec..

constructed a bullish CALL calendar spread; long Jan 2023 25 strike CALL, short Jan 2021 strike 25 CALL. since then been
    • rolling up the short leg forward to a higher strike, as it becomes in-the-money
    • rolling the short leg to a lower strike for a shorter dated CALL contract, as FCX stock price dips
    FCX's overall trend has been up, sprinkled w lots of pop & dips in stock price
    • affording ample opportunities to roll forward / roll back the short leg such that
      • after the many roll forwards / roll backs, the net cost of my LEAP CALL spread has evolved to be negative (cash flow positive) , and the long leg is ~ $7 in-the-money
    there are 22 more months of roll forward / roll back until expiration of the long leg

#15424 adoo, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Very nice. Trying to be patient and wait for a better entry. Their fwd projections look great tho. Fwd eps of $2.20 looks great esp considering copper prices could explode.

6. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I still have a little more than 10% of my original position. I'm willing to let it ride to it's recent highs as I've already locked in profit on the overall trade even if I get stopped out north of it's previous high in January.

7. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Noob question. Doesn't a strike price of $420 mean the share price has to hit it before you can exercise the option? Otherwise it's worthless?

8. Sajan

Sajan Member

That's if he wants to exercise it. He can just sell this contract to someone else.

macalu likes this.
  9. macalu

macalu Contributing Member

Oh, gotcha.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Cokebabies likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

GM went on to dip as low as 49.5 this past Monday, when trading action form a doji-like candlestick.

yesterday, at a Conference, a senior GM executive announced that the co will meet its production guidance for 2021, which may have led to the green candle,
    suggesting that 49.5 may have been the floor

[​IMG]
    in view of this technical development, for my LEAP bullish diagonal CALL spread

placed an order to roll forward my short leg to Jun 55 strike CALL and still collect a premium. the long leg is the Jan 2013 45 strike CALL​

#15431 adoo, Feb 25, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2021
  12. adoo

adoo Member

to the experts out there

CrowdStrike is set to acquire Humio, a log management platform.
    will Humio complement crwd's data security business ?​

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Not an expert, but first reaction: Yes, complimentary, Dev Ops seems like a way to squeeze out Sumo Logic and Datadog, but I'm unfamiliar with Humio and how good it is relative to Sumo/Ddog.

This kind of strategy isn't new, I think both CRWD and NET have been attempting to creep into okta's core biz as well; but actual success depends on execution. Will update if i find more actionable info.

edit: this guy seems to know what he's writing about and is bullish. humio looks good. https://seekingalpha.com/article/44...bility-conundrum-implication-for-cloud-stocks

I won't be adding as I already have a sizeable position and it's already run up a lot. Not so long ago we were discussing buying it at $110 :)

#15433 saitou, Feb 25, 2021
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

TWTR $79 now. regret not buying. :( too many stocks, need to streamline my watchlists.

@NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Anyone found anything on sale? A lot of red in my port and watchlists, but not by a lot. May be better to just do nothing? @peleincubus what's your latest moonshot?

edit: nvm, things are getting REALLY red now.

#15435 saitou, Feb 25, 2021
  16. adoo

adoo Member

HD is on sale; been hurt, unwarranted, by the re-opening theme. it has been hovering at the bottom of the trading channel.

it will X-Div on 10 Mar, i'd considering an entry 3 trading days after that

saitou likes this.
  17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

RBLX is what I am waiting on in a few weeks. My plan is to buy right away sell if it spikes then buy back in and hold long term. Or if it dips Ill average down for a while but I see good things for the next few years from it.

Otherwise, I have mostly been just holding and putting money towards my son's AAU basketball team he just made, and more soccer separate from his regular team and a Japanese tutor. uggghhh haha

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

This is like the Apple version of sales. You know, $50 off a $2000 iMac that was overpriced to begin with.

so I am just holding out for now. stitching wounds.

Ziggy and saitou like this.
  19. Sajan

Sajan Member

• A Robinhood spokesman fired back at Berkshire Hathaway Vice Chairman Charlie Munger’s criticisms of the free trading app.
    • Munger had said Robinhood was having a “regrettable” impact on investors who have a “mindset of racetrack bettors.”
    • Robinhood criticized the comments as “disappointing and elitist.”

A statement Thursday from Robinhood spokeswoman Jacqueline Ortiz-Ramsay took sharp exception to the remarks.

“In one fell swoop an entire new generation of investors has been criticized and this commentary overlooks the cultural shift that is taking place in our nation today,” Ortiz-Ramsay said. “Robinhood was created to allow people who don’t have access to generational wealth or the resources that come with it to begin investing in the U.S. stock market. To suggest that new investors have a ‘mindset of racetrack bettors’ is disappointing and elitist.”

20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

macro experts pls chime in lol. i only know how to look at companies. is this yield curve scare legit? i'm clueless.