1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

There you go offending half the planet. Now they're gonna burn your house down.

Buck Turgidson and KingCheetah like this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sorry, I was on to the next thing.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

5. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

The only thing that got old was companies blatantly and illegally manipulating the market for stocks they found trending on stocktwits.

Sajan likes this.
  6. Sajan

Sajan Member

It got old because the mainstream media got onto it. Average joe's attention span is 2 mins. They are probably onto the snowstorm now.

CCity Zero, Ziggy and STR8Thugg like this.
  7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I started investing everything in GameSpot and GameSpy.

Buck Turgidson and saitou like this.
  8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

9. Asian Sensation

lol.

10. Asian Sensation

genius

KingCheetah likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo any views on the chart? Long shadow on ytd candle and stock offering on 20 Jan @ 1.89 has established a short term bottom?

The fundamental case for acrx:
    https://seekingalpha.com/article/4388015-acelrx-pharmaceuticals-1-million-questions

Tldr: opiod that is better, safer, more expensive yet more cost effective than fentanyl/morphine. US army is a customer and helped fund trials. Rev from army contract will appear in March Ers. Product sounds too good to be true, but I trust the army procurement process is no joke. Long term, $ from hospitals could send it to the moon, but they are cautious due to the opiod word.
    [​IMG]

$9 target from cantor
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2-penny-stocks-could-surge-163948225.html

#14791 saitou, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

13. adoo

adoo Member

https://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui [​IMG]

on the daily view, i see bearish signals

MACD is about to cross under zero,
    Parabolic SAR (a lagging indicator) has confirmed a trend reversal to the down side
    but, on the weekly view,

i looks like a handle is forming to the CWH (starting in Dec 2019)​

#14793 adoo, Feb 1, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
    saitou likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm no medical expert, but what's the big deal about this? Is it because it's sublingual? Sufentanil has been around for a while, hasn't it?

15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sa article gets into it. Snippets:

Reduced use of opioids (as measured in MME, i.e. morphine milligram equivalents); less use of other medication (e.g. Adrenergic Agonist to deal with opioid side-effects); improved patient well-being; reduced PACU time; easier application and dosing. Can provide pain control without knocking out patient (remain alert), doesn't produce the same high, less likely to be abused. You can see why the army is especially interested.

Edit: I think the main risk now is execution. Can they successfully scale, automate production to drive up margin, market and sell product. But the riskiest phase of fda approval is already cleared.

Buck Turgidson and Dr of Dunk like this.
  16. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Holding quite a bit of NIO, it’s been a money maker but.. China. Feel more comfortable with Trump out of the picture considering his everyone against the US mindset. I had a lot of LK and got out at about $48 a few weeks before all hell broke loose. Kinda got lucky there but that’s what it’s all about right?

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, Nice move on getting out of LK that was a disaster. Yeah, I think the times I've made a nice percent or got out near a big drop, luck definitely is a factor.

Also, agree with you on Nio/China - it'll be interesting to see how this goes.

18. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Where did you see that getting reported - CNBC or other outlet (don't need to link, just curious since it's wrong just like you mentioned) - I think it's hilarious how the media is reporting this (like someone visiting the site and on their first visit they report/write an article stating they only post wins). Great reporting!

I mean there's crazy posts there - sometimes entertaining - other times - just insane losses, ie post of "I'm up a million from 10k and now I'm at 5k". I mean it's entertaining if they're a good sport I guess, but reckless YOLO plays.

Before the frenzy I'd mainly check out the reddit to realize my loss that day really wasn't that bad.. Or to see lotto plays - or the other fun part - the videos/gifs. Not so much for stocks to trade.

19. Buck Turgidson

1. Merrill Lynch Private Client Group
    2. Nope, he's a good dude
    3. Yep, he's a good dude
    4. He's a solid sounding board when I want to think/talk through something, he does great research (good to have 2 people looking at the same thing), and he has quality ideas of his own, not afraid to give his opinion and tell me I'm possibly a dumbass, not a "pusher" and not a "yes man".

20. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

Yeah, sublingual is what makes the difference. It’s less risky to administer. There isn’t the same risk of misdosing that can happen with an IV.

The biggest issue is the smear campaign about opioids in general, but there are patients that absolutely need top of the line pain management therapy. Unfortunately, bc the system was abused, there is now an over correction to insanity.