1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No big deal. I got stopped out of SPCE, JMIA, and SWKS too soon. We all screw up -- just pray you have more good than bad. Have I mentioned my story about AMZN? I have? Ok, I won't go there again... :D

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Hopefully @tinman bought enough AMZN for all the 99'ers.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Actually I watched a couple of stories on CNBC where they reported that SLV was spiking and even mentioned specifically the "warring factions" of WSB and WSBS going after each other. They even said said each group has their own agenda. They did this morning, anyway. Now on CNBC all I'm hearing is "reddit" being used as a general term for the most part. I actually got the wallstreetsilver subreddit from CNBC. lol. This is just like politics -- it's a feeding frenzy that's causing splinter groups trying to feed into another feeding frenzy. It's crazy. I feel bad for people that are getting beat up on this. I hope some of the newcomers actually try investing or mid-to-long term trading instead of trying to become millionaires overnight. We could all benefit from it.

As for the journalism, I agree. There's crappy journalism everywhere, though. It's mostly about half-assed tweets, clicks, and getting people agitated enough to care to click -- we see it in sports. But you have to also factor in that most of the media probably had no clue what reddit was and 99% of the people had no idea what WSB was even if they knew what reddit was, so like I said, CNBC and other journalists are trying to figure out wth is going on as it goes on, too. I've been on reddit for years, but only looked at WSB last January or February. It seemed like a few really thought-out (or fake thought-out) posts and a bunch of lunatics trying to lose money. Most of the posts just seemed like financial suicide, and I was thinking how many inexperienced folks would take some of the advice and try to execute it. Kind of scary, but at the same time, some good posts, like I said.

BTW, they just had a story on CNBC saying there's some talk in the WSB sub-reddit questioning who is actually behind the silver bump and are hedge funds or wall street types behind it. I honestly think it's people trying to figure out this zaniness as it goes along.

4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People seem to think WSB actually trade with their brains. Some of the most liked posts are the ones of people losing their asses on trades. It's about YOLO and trolling along the way.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Melvin Capital has thousands of SLV calls. But.... they do own a lot of stuff so.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I read that they love to post gains but you never hear about losses - creating a fake narrative. But we all know they LOVE to post "loss p*rn". Unless you're getting your info from CNBC and nowhere else.

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

There is a massive power struggle going on with WSB reddit. There are guys who completely understand demanding reform is absolutely pointless. Literally tearing down the doors of Wall Street firms or camping out in the middle of the streets is ineffective. It only makes them look like lunatics.

They discovered taking a million $600 stimulus checks and creating their own decentralized hedge fund exposes the massive fraud found in the system. For these guys, there are no corrupt clearing houses to launder the rampant fraudulence found in the system. It is either there or it isnt. GME and AMC is just the beginning. It doesnt matter what stock they target, they are going to expose the liquidity issues found in every single stock. Every week Vlad will get up and justify why he can't trade WSB's stock of the week freely because the clearing houses will demand billions in deposits if they allow retail investors to trade freely in their weekly stock pick.

These hedgefunds have spread and layered their assets so deep that its almost impossible to unwind it.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm getting my info from when i started subbing there in 2016 when solar was all the rage.

Ziggy likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

don't worry, i only take financial advice from random shills on youtube.

RKREBORN likes this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Anyone who is spending a little time digging in the reddit threads and not watching CNBC know exactly who is behind it. There is no amount of wealth on this planet that can squeeze a paper machine. Again, this is why GME was squeezed. It was a profitable company who was targeted to being shorted into bankruptcy. The GME execs were not about to sell their shares for short term massive profits.

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

$80 held; earnings date not fixed, but likely in 2 weeks. Looking good.

Cokebabies likes this.
  12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I had a $79 stop. So glad it didn't trigger. :D

saitou likes this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

All that fool does is buy tv's and 1994 Rockets memorabilia.

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

peleincubus likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    impressive, it took only 3 days to reverse that ~~10% drop which can be attributable to the GME short squeeze

appears back to normal, hovering around the purple resistance line/forming the handle to the CWH (w a top of just below 100.
    to my amateur eyes, there will be a pop from the handle to be above 100 before ERS​

saitou likes this.
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

If people don't adopt a cat with the gains from Schrodinger, you're doing yourself a disservice.

(Ok, bad joke. I'll see myself out)

saitou likes this.
  17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

99ers need to unite and get Fuddruckers and Luby's back from bankruptcy

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol.

tinman likes this.
  19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

This whole GameStop/ WSB thing got old really fast.

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member