1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Two bigger name SPACs went live today: NGAB/U (Northern Genesis) and FCAX/U (Fortress). Have limit orders for tmrw morning cuz I was too busy to notice during market hours that they started trading. =/

2. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Nice catch - What's the thesis behind URG and uranium?

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Man that MSFT news that cause the INTC selloff a few weeks ago was the biggest gift trade ever and today's pop was the perfect time to sell.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Got long some GHIV today. I believe the merger date is 1/20 and hoping for a run into that and the risk seems relatively low. Also picked up some NTST for a swing trade in that range. Added to STIC and DMYD. PRCH popped nice today. I unloaded half and trading the other half on the 10 hour moving average. Also picked up some ACEV in this pullback area.

saitou likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

CCIV (SPAC) going nuts because of Lucid rumors...

Ziggy and saitou like this.
  6. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Got a handful of shares in NIO and ARKK.

Do people see these as long term holds?

ARKK has gone up $14 a share since I got in - but again unfortunately only had a handful of shares to begin with so only a couple of hundred in the green for it.

NIO I got in two days ago.

saitou likes this.
  7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I think so. I bit the bullet and bought nio as well after latest stock offering, and used my penny profits today to buy tsla. So that I hate myself less, I think I'm only going to add these two when I get $ from penny stocks. I may have to start adding nndm as well. I wont ignore anymore these stocks that can keep diluting while price goes up - free money to the company to actually realize their dreams, self fulfilling.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

NNDM has been going to work for me! Great name like that cant lose. I have calls too.

saitou likes this.
  9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cokebabies likes this.
  10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo qcom bought out nuvia. After all their big claims and big names involved, surprised to see them sell out so quickly. Not sure if it's a sign that the product would not have taken off and how beneficial this is for qcom. Sounds like qcom did the deal to get the engineering talent, not so much nuvias IP.

@robbie380 new space etf will include aerospace subsector and evtols. Znte looking good. I've also been holding npa that got a good bump in after hours on the news.

robbie380 likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

@robbie380 new space etf will include aerospace subsector and evtols. Znte looking good. I've also been holding npa that got a good bump in after hours on the news.[/QUOTE]

What's the abbreviation for the new space ETF you're referring to? Or is it unconfirmed at this point?

I just googled 'new space ETF' and the first thing that popped up is a Cathie Wood article - if I can get in on the ground floor for something relating to her I'll jump on it.

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Yes I was referring to arkx. Think they just filed. Everyone trying to front run now, so arkx will have to pay a premium for its holdings haha.

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

saitou likes this.
  14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

ARKX was basically why SPCE popped today.

16. Downtown Sniper

Cheers for that mate.

Not even on my app right now haha ARKX brings up no results.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

did anyone buy Tilman's GNOG, just for grins?

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I didn't buy it just for grins. :D I saw where it was upgraded to a buy by someone, though.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've seen a lot of people kind of hyped up about QCOM after a dismal recent past - mostly because of 5G and the fact they're done with most of their lawsuits. I don't know. I want a few more solid picks for the future...

#13399 Dr of Dunk, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

They diluted again! They have 1.5mil revenue, but made so much cash from selling shares they trying to buy stratasys a rival with $400mil revenue! Dream become reality lol. Starting a new position here. I've seen this song and dance before.

#13400 saitou, Jan 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2021