1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Time to buy API calls @saitou ?

2. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

AWIN, CCity Zero, Sajan and 2 others like this.
  3. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

options very illiquid for this. no idea y it's down today, no news. have $ in too many other things, just holding some shares in API for now.

edit: + i need to set aside more dry powder for @davidio840's next penny pick lol.

CCity Zero likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

GM CEO spoke at the CES conference, leading to ~ 6% pop so far today

[​IMG]

in addition to the commercial EV for FedEx, GM will be introducing EV for Caddy and Hummer later this year

next up, the supreme Lisa, her co is also having an up day

[​IMG]

i want to see it hit the century mark by no later than tomorrow​

#13324 adoo, Jan 12, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2021
  5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Haha Fukin big W. I was gonna ask if you were still holding.

6. Sajan

Sajan Member

BIOL going insane out there.
    +92% as of now today.

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

Need to get that plate for the Porsche. lol

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Damn, where do yall catch of wind of things like BIOL? Geez.

@adoo what do I do about MARA? I think it's about to go down (finally) but still go up long term. What's the sexiest way to hedge and protect the existing gains in the short term?

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. PLUG dragging FCEL with it. Shame I didn't buy BLDP with them. I could have had a trifecta of dotcom bubble bombs reviving. At least PLUG is starting to sound real now.

Ziggy and saitou like this.
  10. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

GM still running after hours!

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

So's F sorta, but I dumped that stock a bit ago.

12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Ok to buy here?

[​IMG]

robbie380 likes this.
  13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

wow, FCEL hit 7,000 in 2000. PLUG hit 1,500

remind us. what did they do wrt being a dotcom back then?

14. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

CCity Zero, Sajan and saitou like this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

They didn't, really -- at least not that I recall. I know one of them spun off a battery company, but it was just the general "it's the new generation of tech/energy/fuel... jump on before it's too late" from what I recall. The same "alternative energy is now" banter that drives some companies every few years. I do think it's for real now, though. In some cases, anyway. I think I owned PLUG briefly back then, and nowhere near its top price. BLDP was another big one I remembered.

PLUG seems to be becoming a legit company with deals with Renault, Walmart, and SK Group, and there is a drive in the EU and overseas towards more green tech in the automotive industry, so they have that going for them. Hardly anybody talks about LIN, though. They actually make money and are one of the top names in the industry. Maybe because the price is too high or they're too established, although their stock price has also seen a good appreciation.

Ah well. I'll enjoy it while I can and hope PLUG turns into something bigger.

Ziggy and heypartner like this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

robbie380 likes this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

MACD has crossed-over to be above zero
    trading action is just underneath 50% Fibonacci retracement ~ 358. 62% is ~304

[​IMG]
    but,
    the lagging indicator, parabolic SAR, has not confirmed a change in direction;
    just to be cautious / nit-picking, there is a good chance that trading action will close the gap-up in early Sep, ~ 345,7.

next ERS will be 3 Mar
    • will sell a 360 / 350 bullish PUT spread, and use it as a scouting mission to see if it'd close the gap
    • once the gap is filled or the lagging indicator confirms a change in direction, will buy bullish CALL spread

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yeah, but I had basically slowed significantly with my trading over the past couple years. It's been very slow getting my rhythm back since November. I'm still seeing the market well, but my execution while I am in trades has been consistently poor. I'm currently in a lot of SPACs and the biggest one I have is PIPP. It's the Biden administration SPAC lol.

I was kicking myself today for not being long that ATCT today. It had Biden ties too. It was a bit expensive and I passed on it and I regret it. I'm probably going to pay up for some PDAC tomorrow since there are administration ties as well.

The guys at my office have absolutely been killing it lately. I'm making money, but it's been very hit and miss and frustrating. Example from today being ETSY which I was long yesterday and gave up on it for no good reason....then today boom. CCIV another example of me just being slow...missing the entry then watching it rally and b****ing at myself. I tried to get long QS today and I suck so I'm out near the lows, but I fully expect that to pop. I was looking for a slightly deeper sell off to buy in it. FUBO is taunting me too with my botched trade. I messed up DM today and it has held well. PUBM is worth a look also. Being off with my execution sucks because I get into a bit of a negative feedback loop with my confidence. Just need to clean things up.

I'm tending to think this small cap rally has a bit more legs to it, but we are getting pretty frothy. Put call ratios are absurdly low. Not necessarily a top indicator but it does tend to indicate there isn't much juice left.

Right now I'm long DMYD, RTP, ZNTE, SPNV, PRCH, PIPP, QELL, HIGA and STIC

19. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

argggh forgot about this, we were discussing pipp in the D&D. was gonna wait for the warrant split but i see the warrants are already up :(
    Is Qell still worth it w/o proterra?
    What were your reasons for holding spnv, higa and stic? if forced to buy today, which spac would u buy?

I've been holding DMYD and DM shares (sold off warrants to buy shares after they popped), and recently added ZNTE and GSRV warrants. been scalping znte on the side while building the position.

for pubm have you looked and compared it to mgni; mgni has been on my watchlist, is pubm better alternative?

20. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

QELL still has a good team and Rivian rumors

Picked up HIGA today just because it's close to $10 mainly. Saw it was mentioned positively as well.

STIC I'm just playing the pullback on the chart

SPNV also playing that post buzzfeed news rumor sell off and that team looks more competent than to go for that sinking ship.

And I really feel like I should be in a lot more PIPP. I bought it on the IPO day and added some more in the low 11s, but I mean that level of political connection is just ridiculous. Combine that with the Westpac team up that Flournoy and Blinken have and it's like they were born for this. Has that ever even happened this blatantly with a publicly traded company? I don't even care about the ethics of it. I just wish there was some kind of potential comparison, but obviously not really possible since SPACs are new.

The DMYD potential seems good going forward and it doesn't seem like any regulation is coming to sports gambling under Biden.

Other than that I'm extremely late to the game with SPACs and I'm playing catch up as fast as I can.

saitou likes this.