1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Holy crap I had not been keeping up with it. I did have it on my watchlist when it dropped as low as 14 and was planning on adding it but I had too much on my plate at the moment and forgot about it. I’m not sure what’s driving it up rn but fundamentally it is a solid company and has a bright future, I know some people are calling it the amazon of Africa . I haven’t looked at the chart so o couldn’t say if there’s any sell signals

but as far as taking profits if you have only a small position I’d definitely sell as I can see this selling off again soon. If you have more than a couple contracts I’d just scale off most and leave a few runners. Or shares whatever it is your holding. I really regret selling all my SOLO BLNK and PLUG contracts before they went crazy so I’m trying to avoid another situation like that lol

saitou likes this.
  2. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

I would have been up more than 10k on my blnk and solo contracts man that hurts lol.

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Torchys tacos is going to have an IPO in 2021. Are also going to expand into more states in the next 4 years for a total of around 15-20 states i believe. In 20 years i could see them being bigger than Chipotle.

4. CXbby

CXbby Member

Whichever ipo comes out with the symbol FOMO I'm buying in I don't care what they do. Is YOLO taken yet?

saitou likes this.
  5. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

We are at that time of the year where markets can keep drifting higher through year-end. Hopefully that’s the case this year considering I’m pretty much fully invested.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

[​IMG]

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

50% of trading is karma and you've got the stink of bad PS5 karma upon you.

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Where do I pre-order the puts? Even country folk like @Buck Turgidson knows they suck.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  9. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

Seeing how MP has exploded and all things EV related have taken off, I put a small speculative bet into Lynas Corporation Limited (LYSCF), supposedly the largest producer of rare earth outside of China. Downside is that it is an OTC stock (hence a speculative bet with no safety stops). Another interesting domestic rare earth play is Texas Mineral Resources Corp (TMRC) but they're super speculative as they're aiming for full production by 2023. My rare earth bets hinge mostly on the US and China trade relations staying tough during the Biden administration.

#12289 Cokebabies, Nov 24, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  10. Cokebabies

For Chamath fans out there, his latest SPAC play is INAQ, which is going to become Metromile.

11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sounds like a good idea. The (relatively low) risk with Lynas is the pollution and local opposition that their sites face. I know the Malaysian one was at risk for awhile; palms have been greased for now, but another change of government could put it at risk again.

Cokebabies likes this.
  12. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks. I'm waiting for the IPOx series to split the warrants, then i'll probably reduce those. Should be splitting before end of this month.

13. Cokebabies

Yeah I saw they renewed their Malaysia license earlier this year and are good through 2023 so I figure that window should be good enough for a run.

saitou likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I have an IRA in Merrill Edge and login like once a year basically because it's a painful platform, but during the Covid drop I bought a few things to park in a non-retirement account there. It's a good platform to sit & forget. I bough a decent amount of Delta in the low $20's. I remember regretting it because Buffet sold his shares like the very next day after I bought mine, lulz. Anyways, it's up. Sometimes you get lucky. Because I don't know anything about airlines.

omar23, Cokebabies and Kim like this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

ALL IN @YOLO

saitou likes this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm not sure what this means. Torchy's sucks food-wise?

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

So then I shouldn’t buy Sony shares?

18. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

Got lucky and bought CVX shares on 11/3 when they were at $70. It's a $93 today. Stay away from XOM

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

SonOS

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I was kidding. The worse the food, the more money you make apparently, according to Tilman.