1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You usually don't see $14B companies drop 30% in a day or basically 25% in seconds. Damn.
    They're reporting that much of that miss was due to TikTok (without naming them) :

Fastly plunges more than 25% on lowered revenue guidance

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/14/fastly-plunges-more-than-25percent-on-lowered-revenue-guidance.html

“Due to the impacts of the uncertain geopolitical environment, usage of Fastly’s platform by its previously disclosed largest customer did not meet expectations, resulting in a corresponding significant reduction in revenue from this customer,” the company said in the release.

Fastly did not identify the customer. However CEO Joshua Bixby said on the company’s most recent earnings call that TikTok is its biggest customer, accounting for about 12% of revenue in the first six months of the year, sending the stock down almost 20% on that announcement.

saitou likes this.
  2. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Will u be buying? Next support level is $80?

In terms of moat tho I prefer cloudflare, even before the newly announced service. Cloudflare also has a lot more mindshare with consumers and hence retail investors, anyone who has had to prove to the cloudflare bot that they are not a bot... will have a sense of it's ubiquity.

#11762 saitou, Oct 14, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Well I also have FSLY that is referenced right below this post lol. Only thing is have 400 shares of NIO and 8 shares of FSLY.

saitou, Dr of Dunk and Sajan like this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm not sure I want to touch this one yet. It seems like it bounced a little after-hours off the lows, but there are probably lots of people that haven't sold yet, not to mention margin calls and crazy volatility tomorrow morning. I think I'm going to sit this one out for a while, and if it goes up, no big deal -- I missed it.

saitou likes this.
  5. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Haha your portfolio is seeing all the action!

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Going back up soon or staying down? What yall got?

7. adoo

adoo Member

[​IMG]
    i believe that FSLY will retrace, by at least 1/3 of this drop today, before the next ERS in Feb.

sold a 10-pt bullish PUT spread---collecting $5.55 premium in advance---defining my max risk of $4.45
    • dec 18 expiration
      • bto 80 strike PUT
      • sto 90 strike PUT

also, sold a 10-pt bullish PUT spread on FSLY's bigger and profitable rival, for a credit of $5.2, defining my max risk of $4.8

[​IMG]

#11767 adoo, Oct 15, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  8. adoo

adoo Member

from last wk
    timber !

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Thanks for your views. It hit $5.20 in pre. Sold half, gonna let this ride with house money. This thing has a few speculative positives going for it at the same time - insider buying by management, buying by ark invest, price momentum and low price per share to get the robinhooders excited.

@peleincubus this is the kind of penny stock I like, not otc too. if you come across these types pls share :D

#11769 saitou, Oct 16, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2020
  10. adoo

adoo Member

fwiw,

it has been reported on 4 Sept, Nancy Pelosi and her hubby purchased 5,000 shares of

[​IMG]

that's one logarithmic interpretation of a double top.

my interpretation is a pennant formation based on
    • continuous up trend, trading above the 20dma as well as the recent up trend (blue trend line), as corroborated by the fact that
      • neither
        • the candlesticks show any indication of hesitation among the traders nor
        • parabolic SAR signals a change in trend

saitou likes this.
  11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

English? Do I sell or hold? Lulz

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Based on my understanding of what he wrote, you hold as there should be a breakout soon...
    But don't quote me lol.

Ziggy likes this.
  13. adoo

adoo Member

the current uptrend continues.

i am banking on these two catalysts to give the stock price a pop
    • the closer we're to the election, the more relevant cybersecurity is
      • purely speculation on my part
        • CRWD to be awarded more Gov't contracts to uphold/defend/investigate cybersecurity
    • the earnings call in early Dec

saitou likes this.
  14. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Bought some cheap calls on LLNW a smaller cap CDN as a small gamble. It's been pulled down last 3 days by FSLY. This is my thinking:
    - LLNW has a different client base - Amazon prime video accounted for 30% of revenue in 2019. Not tik tok.
    - Earnings on 22 Oct, potential pre-earnings run up next week?
    - Speculation that management may have been too negative on previous guidance, and that they will beat guidance this qtr. Previous uncertainty was due to sports streaming
    - Potentially undervalued. Revenue growth is slower at 18-25%, but expected to become profitable this year. price/sales @ 3.
    FSLY: rev growth ~50%, still losing money this year, price/sales @ 38 even after the correction.

Cokebabies likes this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

Ant Financial just received approval from Hong Kong Regulators for an IPO

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Did more digging over the weekend. I like it. Added moar

17. adoo

adoo Member

while waiting for my earnings plays to develop, did some research and came across these 2 compelling TA (golden cross) buys

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    both are golden cross candidates, where the 50 dma has crossed above the 200 dma.
    likely, in the near term, they will also evolve to be cup w handle candidates.

18. adoo

adoo Member

another golden cross candidate who will report on 5 Nov

[​IMG]

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

UPS, the only thing carrying me in the short term :(.

20. adoo

adoo Member

• [​IMG]
    nflx just reported after market close, for this past quarter, it missed its previous forecast for subscriber growth.

during after-hour trading, stock price got down to 506, down 4-5%​