1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, this sucks. I was hoping the market would get wrecked, but nope. I almost bought some minimal protection last night after I posted the tweet, but couldn't decide if I should go short or go long because the DOW futures were already down 500 points. Then I thought, "watch this thing come back", so then I thought about buying long last night, but thought that would be insane short term. So I didn't do anything.

BTW, they just announced Trump is taking Regeneron's cocktail. Regeneron's product isn't available or approved yet, so that's interesting, I guess.

Sajan likes this.
  2. adoo

adoo Member

was > 50% cash from early Sept on,

then i made some ERS runs, last wk, using longer term options, w expiration well beyond the election date, for my ERS plays, awa using spread strategies on them.

ps. we're still 31 days from the election, there will be more Oct surprises

#11642 adoo, Oct 3, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

all the indices are up today; just my guess, traders expect a second stimulus

saitou likes this.
  4. astros99

astros99 Contributing Member

$FUBO up once again.. Should hit 15 soon. Glad i've been in this one since the 8s

5. adoo

adoo Member

got in on 25 Sep when it was trading ~ 511

[​IMG]
    it is breaking out---protruding that purple downward trending line---effecting the anchor leg (long) to be in-the-money;
    waiting for the front leg (short 590 strike CALL) to be ITM as well, at which time, will roll it out to a higher strike CALL

=================================================================================================

at NVDA's virtual GPU Technology Conference CEO Jensen Huang outlined a vision for artificial intelligence requiring a rethinking of semiconductors, networks, and the way various tools including algorithms are either built or used.

NVDA unveiled new BlueField DPU (data center) processing units, as well as DOCA, a programmable data-center infrastructure on a chip-type architecture. In addition, Nvidia made news in that it will build a new $52 million supercomputer in Cambridge, England that both GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) , and AstraZeneca (AZN) will make use of as those firms work toward developing their Covid-19 vaccines.

there is much anticipation to hear more on NVDA's plans to integrate Arm Ltd., while also expanding on
    • the software partnership with VMWare (VMW) to create a platform supportive of later generation GPUs, as well as
    • the adoption of Nvidia's capabilities by Microsoft (MSFT) in regards to power both Azure and Office.

https://realmoney.thestreet.com/inv...ri-breaks-out-15450257?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

#11645 adoo, Oct 6, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  6. adoo

adoo Member

also, an analyst expanded NVDA's addressable market from ~ $20 B to ~$100 B, leading to the upgrade of price target from 560 to 650

@saitou, when will NVDA go mobile ?

7. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

No idea haha, maybe after ARM deal gets approved? I think they already have a lot on their plate.

They are in the lead, but they still have to fight for the datacentre - intel is building out their GPU product stack and AMD's upcoming gen of GPUs look to be more competitive. NVDA currently partners with IBM to bid on supercomputer projects but lost on the upcoming exascale projects to AMD and Intel - first order of business will probably be to build a good datacentre CPU so they don't need IBM for CPUs to compete at the top end. In the DPU/NIC space there's also competition from Marvell. There's also solutions like this that currently rely on AMD/intel CPUs which they will want to replace:

https://www.nvidia.com/en-sg/data-center/dgx-a100/

8. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

ETSY balling. Sell up or hold long term? What's the outlook?

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

@adoo I think NVDA also senses danger of getting squeezed out of the gaming GPU space especially on notebooks and desktops hence the push to take control of arm and where arm focuses its r&d. if you think about how powerful the console SOCs (which includes the CPU, GPU and memory controllers on a single chip) already are, what happens when intel and amd start making good SOCs for notebooks and PCs? The need for nvidia discrete gaming GPU diminishes.

adoo likes this.
  10. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Ubiquitin likes this.
  11. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

What a dick

12. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Terrible terrible person

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Could be a nice buying opportunity.... just sayin'... lol.

14. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

You mean puts?

15. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Well, I really don't care about short-term other than buying opportunities. I kind of think this may be a political ploy where eventually it'll get passed eventually. Of course, I've been known to be wrong.

17. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Hmm yea could be trying to get the other side to concede on talking points. But yea I see what your sayin, I have some long hold options like wmt and ups that were raking it in recently, might add more and average down on a few things

18. adoo

adoo Member

Rodman23 likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

20. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

You got your wish.

Sajan likes this.