1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

My goodness AMD -- Go, go, go...

saitou likes this.
  2. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Thinking about an Exxon long term buy -- need to take a deep dive but feels about time to get back in... they seem to be in a good place for green/traditional energy growth.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I think those things crash and then go back up every other week. :D

4. adoo

adoo Member

this is a pole formation

[​IMG]
    fwiw,

the market cap for Zoom is now larger than Boeing.

Boeing's annual revenue is > $75 B, Xm's is less than $1 Billion.

Boeing has > 50,000 employees, less than a thousand for Zm

Boeing (an amalgamation of Boeing, McDonald and Douglas) has been in business for > 70 years; less than 5 for Zoom

saitou likes this.
  5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I bought XOM and CVX during the downturn and made some decent money, but there were way too many things out there making a lot of money to be sitting on energy stocks. I only wanted them for dividends, but when dividends are being offset by the stock going down, that's a long wait. I was reading about how there was a leaked memo from Exxon that said they may be ready to announce more layoffs because of a longer than expected market downturn : https://www.businessinsider.com/lea...weighing-job-cuts-in-upstream-division-2020-9. The sad thing is, the stock may go up if/when the layoff announcement is made.

KingCheetah and desihooper like this.
  6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

It's still going crazy afterhours. Is earnings tomorrow, too? I regret not getting in on this one around $100. :D

7. Sajan

Sajan Member

anyone in on RKT?
    going up in AH, earnings tomm.

[​IMG]

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been watching it for a while. It was a bit of a dud after its IPO, but woke up about a week or two ago. It's been moving recently after analysts have been kind of warm to its future. A bunch of analyst ratings came out yesterday on it with most of them being around neutral to buy. But all their price targets are about right where it's trading now. They kind of already pre-announced some really impressive earnings numbers about 2 weeks ago (https://www.yahoo.com/news/rocket-companies-jumps-pre-announcing-134011906.html) which is around when it started moving, so I'm wondering if a lot of the movement is baked in, but in this market where things seem to go up for no reason, who knows. If they've already pre-announced great numbers and the stock spiked, how much is left? Like I said - I have no idea in this market. I don't know much about the industry, though, so I'm staying out for now.

Sajan likes this.
  9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Nvidias marketing blitz may give amd CPUs a boost. Intel doesn't have a pcie 4 platform atm and I don't see any announcements for a desktop refresh, their upcoming chip launch is laptop only. One more reason to pick amd for desktop.

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  10. Sajan

Sajan Member

That was precisely my thoughts also.
    Same thing happened with WTRH recently where the prelim earnings out-shined the earnings.

With RKT there's a lot of pumping on twitter so it's possible it can go 35-40+..

11. Sajan

Sajan Member

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Every time I see that guy, I puke. Lol.

13. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Intel
    Did you buy? Early days, but it's looking good so far. Investors include former tesla CTO and Chamath Palihapitiya. A bunch of Phds in the management team.

Sajan likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

a rising tide lifts all boats, including this old fart

[​IMG]
    actually, in the case of INTC, it is more about retracement towards closing/narrowing the gap down.
    the options are cheap, 38% retracement is ~ 55

picked up 9-25 154 strike CALL dirt cheap

#11374 adoo, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020
    saitou likes this.
  15. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I bought really cheap $52 strikes weekly calls waiting for the tigerlake event hype, and got out with 2x. A few reports that intel and industry may have underestimated Q3 demand (they thought it would fizzle after the rush to purchase laptops in Q2 due to WFH), and the OEMs are reporting good demand for PCs in Q3 in general. Intel, AMD, NVDA may all have good 3Qs. The bad news for intel is still no competitive xeon chips in sight probably till next year(?), they'll have to slash prices for what has been their highest margin category.

https://seekingalpha.com/article/43...-up-and-widespread-q3-beats-now-appear-likely

16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not yet, but I probably will soon (next couple of days), and just sit on it for a while.

saitou likes this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Hmm... FMCI shot up for no reason that I can see ... sounds good.

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

Earnings were priced in. :)

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Now watch it go back up afterhours. lol.

20. adoo

adoo Member

ho hum,
    MSFT just hit a new high today.​
    [​IMG]

an analyst just raised the price target to 250, citing MSFT teams ( a group chat / meeting SW bundled thru the Office Suite) will give Zoom a run for the money,
    which kinda explains ZM's decline today

[​IMG]

#11380 adoo, Sep 2, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2020