1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

adoo and CCity Zero like this.
  2. jsingles

jsingles Member

I also was in under a dollar $.94, sold at $2.65, then bought it when it went down at the beginning of summer. Now hold a much larger share with a SP of under $2.50.

...Also, please ignore all of my GNUS postings, they're all bull **** making fun of the pumpers on ST. Somehow they can't comprehend that.

BmwM3 likes this.
  3. adoo

adoo Member

this warrants repeating

MACD crossover candidate.​

[​IMG]

CRM's next ERS will be 20 Aug 2020
    fwiw, the otm call strike, for the 2 next wkly contracts, w the most OI is the 210

#11063 adoo, Aug 3, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2020
  4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm telling you folks to seriously consider Nio and do some research into the company. They are going to be selling a lot of cars in the next 10 years.

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

With them, is it the car or the battery-swap technology?

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

7. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

Is that you, Davey Day Trader Global? I see you workin.

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Yeah, I had heard about the government wanting to go to a swap model or forcing everyone to adapt to it and Nio and some other company were the head of the pack in that regard or something. I forget -- this was a few months ago.

9. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yes the incentives they made included something to do with that. They also lowered the price or threshold for incentives for eligibility. That is why Tesla lowered the price of the model 3.

The more I look into it the more I think companies may go under like Ford GM Nissan etc over the next decade. A few will survive and adapt but I really think a few won’t.

10. adoo

adoo Member

Saitou, you have this MACD crossover candidate ?

[​IMG]

saitou likes this.
  11. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I'm holding the underlying. Was afraid to go calls because competitor asml delays to equipment deliveries due to covid, but klac just reported good 2Q. You think it's still worth getting calls?

Medium term, Intel struggles and tsmc wins are good for klac and bad for amat because klac supplies more equipment to tsmc while amat supplies more to Intel foundry.

12. adoo

adoo Member

my understanding of the semi space is limited,
    i'd rather buy call on MACD x-over candidates in industries that i have a more in-depth understanding, such as MSFT and CRM

[​IMG]

i think there is a lot more room for MSFT to fly; some traders are buying 240 strike CALL​

CCity Zero and saitou like this.
  13. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

On the 240s, how far out were they buying? Just curious, I didn't look at volumes yet.

14. adoo

adoo Member

saitou and CCity Zero like this.
  15. adoo

adoo Member

on Jul 22, bought Oct 215 strike call
    got caught w the sector rotation out of tech into value, msft got below 200. bought Oct 205 strike call.

the TikTok rumor has been the catalyst needed for my call options to be itm, w 2+wk to go before X-Div

16. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/us-tiktok-operations-sale-bytedance-trump-12987592

I will keep comments on this to a minimum to keep it out of D&D, just sharing this as it may have relevance to today's share price. Super unlikely this happens though, doubt MSFT is interested in trading office 365 subs in China for tik tok.

17. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Elizabeth Warren Calls for SEC Insider Trading Probe of Kodak's (KODK) Covid Drug Ingredients Deal

https://www.streetinsider.com/Polit...gredients+Deal/17191870.html?si_client=intbro

Price is up 15% in spite of (or maybe because of) the news :p

adoo likes this.
  18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

KODK too tempting, started a small short position @$17, will close b4 close to avoid the daily surge at start of next day.

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

saitou likes this.
  20. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

weee down down down!

AMD is up 10% on the day and still looking very green and mean. I was looking at "cheap" $100 strike calls for oct or nov yesterday, regret not pulling the trigger, premiums way up now. At this rate we'll hit $100 by end of the month. No big news either, just analyst upgrades.

Sajan likes this.