1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

I've been adding and trimming arkg, their genomics themed etf, my avg cost was $30 and trimmed at $48. It's the only etf I hold atm - I like the sector but found it too hard to pick the winners and losers. As a minor benefit it's a popular ticker for shorts, if your platform has short interest sharing for loaning out stocks u can get a little bit of added income too (I use ibkr).

I'll be looking to add again if it goes below $30

#10361 saitou, Jun 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2020
  2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah these different ETF's under their umbrellas our too hard to keep up with or have a clear judgment when compared to more established companies in established industries. I started an initial purchase into ILMN about a month ago and am going to put about $50 into it every week for the next few years. I've done a lot of research into the company and I think they will be gigantic down the road in a matter of years. On a side note investing in ILMN gives you the ability to invest in GRAIL because they own about 20% of the company.

saitou likes this.
  3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Futures up big... now watch it open and completely tank during the day or something. :D

Yung-T, noscrusir and whag00 like this.
  4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

It is Friday after all!;)

5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

VB
    VEA
    VO
    VTV
    VUG
    VWO
    BND

I copied that portfolio and its allocations from ING back when they had an investing service and use it with my new brokerage.

I bought some JNJ at the beginning but it wasn’t too much.

6. whag00

whag00 Contributing Member

Lulu got a couple of upgrades this AM...now may go positive. Market sure moves fast.

7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

It's interesting to see NKLA still staying at a decent level. I haven't looked at support etc but just interesting to see it still performing. Definitely going to watch, but never re-entered after exit at $55

8. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Its intra-day swings are all over the place, though. Partly because the crack-monkeys are trading it. I'm hoping more institutional ownership shows up. And let's not forget it was a $90+ stock a few days ago... and also a $40+ stock a few days ago. LOL. :)

The next major actual news-related move will probably be towards the end of the month, I would guess. They have to space news apart to keep the stock running or afloat until they can get a factory built to build something. Well, unless they start going after the low-hanging fruit and attacking Tesla on Twitter. :D

CCity Zero likes this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Definitely agree. It'll be interesting to see once there's more pr or a factory ready.

10. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Has anyone looked at or own prison reits? Was looking at selling puts on GEO. Price is 50% of what it was a year ago, dividend yield is 14%(!); the dividend looks unsustainable, but even if cut I don't think it will be cut by too much?

11. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

who's making money on HERTZ?

12. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

r/wallstreetbets

CCity Zero and Sajan like this.
  13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

not 99'ers.

CCity Zero likes this.
  14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Day trading gamblers are
    Hertz said they are selling more shares even though they are filling for bankruptcy

up 37%

CCity Zero likes this.
  15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Interestingly enough, people are buying into this weakness after hours... hmmm...

tinman and CCity Zero like this.
  16. adoo

adoo Member

did this bar bell trade

synthetic short on NKLA

bto Aug 60 CALL
    sto Aug 55 CALL, for $1,60 credit, defining my max risk of $3.4
    should NKLA close below 55, i get to keep all the premium collected​
    synthetic long on TSLA

bto Aug 920 PUT
    sto Aig 930 PUT, for $4.90 credit, defining my max risk of $5.10
    should TSLA close above 930, i get to keep all the premium collected​

CCity Zero likes this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Looking like blood blood red tomorrow

18. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Kim likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. It was looking even worse a few hours after you posted this. Futures were down at least 900 at one point. Thank goodness I didn't have Internet access from 10pm last night until now. :D What a crazy swing "thanks" to the Fed.

Kim likes this.
  20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

SPAC "investing" is why I got into VTIQ/NKLA early. I still think it's mainly just a bunch of gambling, but I thought the VTIQ/NKLA story was a bit more solid thatn the usual SPAC. I think I tried to get in on FMCI around the mid $10's or so, but I failed, then forgot about it. I did buy it later, though. So now that they've announced that they're merging with Tattooed Chef, I have to decide whether to hang onto it or chunk it. I also own a bit of MFAC, but that's not doing much of anything.

I haven't looked at GRAF, so don't really know anything about them, but I'm looking out for my next SPAC.

SPAC's are speculative, and in many cases, pure gambling. But they can hit big like NKLA, DKNG, etc. or completely flop. They're basically another way to "gamble". But I guess everybody needs to gamble a bit.

saitou and Kim like this.