1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. adoo

adoo Member

sbux reported; beat eps but missed on revenue. it is down 1.5% after hours.

will still do the roll ups, both the 5-pt put spread and the front leg of a vertical call spread; but will sell for higher premium

2. Sajan

Sajan Member

we care brother. lol

what other companies did you like?

I went in on RTX today. looking to hold for a while.

RKREBORN and CCity Zero like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I think it's cool too, I like when we share on here. So definitely interested. I think investments should be nice

4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Today was okay - did double on cashout for T and GE options on calls. On these I moved due to ER, I might be wrong but doubling felt safer than getting stuck overnight, both expired 5/1

I also bought Macy's calls - something I'm testing on some odd volume I saw. And SDC again. SDC $7 strike and Macy's $6.50. Obviously risky with expiration 5/1 but was looking good on news/volume earlier, I'm going to move both probably by tomorrow/Th assuming this hits.

And USO puts I'm still holding, looking forward to RS... It should work...

RKREBORN likes this.
  5. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Are you still in it? I don't usually mess with Amazon just because of the high premiums, like other stocks interest me more typically just because of how much easier it normally is to see quick %, obviously though.. If playing options like with them/Tesla can make some nice money, but can be risky.

One other thing to think on, for stocks you really want to invest in but think you you missed boat and let's say the stock was flat/upward trend forever (so not in this market, too dangerous)

you Could sell puts but.. I only recommend doing this on a stock you really want to own where you feel you missed the entry, and I don't know if I recommend in current market, but prior to this mess like if you found a very steady stock that went up and you missed entry could basically sell puts and make a quick 4-5% premium (assuming you pick the right stock..) and then get in at a cheaper entry if it's exercised. Obviously if you're wrong and it's a $100+ or more stock that's where it can really start hurting. But basically make money without even owning it. I seriously don't recommend doing this now, and not financial advice but I've seen guys get into stocks at the price they want and getting a nice premium. - just more for stuff to think on and definitely don't do it now (at least my recommendation on market).

Anyway- on Amazon depending where you're at or plans could test riding it, but ER 4/30 should have a run up to it, watch for news though, if rumors/reports are looking bad be careful. Definitely not financial advice and don't recommend selling puts on amazon (that was more for later stuff to look at) - was thinking if you were looking at bigger long term stocks, but this was more for you to think on when market is better if you miss an entry. - again though you really want to research it. Anyway if ER/news are rumored bad I'd probably exit assuming you're close to entry. If it's way low still or a long long hold should then determine next move. Again though not financial advice, I'd just be careful and watch reports etc.

#9665 CCity Zero, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
    RKREBORN likes this.
  6. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

I went long HTZ today. Chart looks like its ready to move.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Yes still on amazon. Hopefully they spike tomorrow

CCity Zero likes this.
  8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

it obviously has lots of room up. Last time it did rebound to 9ish, but last time was still early in the pandemic. This time it’s increasingly clear that even if things open up... Hertz isn’t recovering for a while. It’s had two green candle days in a row. I can see it creep up another buck tomorrow or have a negative day. Hard to tell. Feel like there are probably “easier” plays out there. Something positively correlated with the pandemic ....

Sajan and CCity Zero like this.
  9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice I was watching this, hope it goes for you. I'm going to look at it again in morning, iirc I saw some interesting options volume, can't recall but looked good

10. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, this is true too, lately I've been playing options more than I used to.

I need to go back and check if I have time but I want to say very high volume of options purchased that weren't making sense, I can't recall the date. Definitely not a guarantee but I have been trying to find more like this and it's been working lately.. Market has been bizarre. Obviously I look at the charts/volume/indicators etc and not just odd option patterns but it's been interesting.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I was looking at them today and enterprise while I looked at airlines and cruise lines.

I mean when people when people get their cars repossessed rentals should go up right lol

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Options?

I don't have the capital to buy amazon/google etc to where it actually makes a big enough move to my portfolio.

Ya, like restaurants.

CCity Zero likes this.
  13. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

No, have some shares not options

14. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I completely blanked on loading back up on AMC/options, hahah would have been nice (didn't at after I made some few weeks back)...

Are you looking at any particular restaurant/chains etc?

15. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am part joking, part serious...but one thing that I have noticed is to focus on trump voter stocks. what would MURICCAAAAAA! want?

IHOP and missiles! So guess what's making me money right now. DIN and RTX. lol

buddy and I looked into this one and we liked it. bought some shares. hope it pans out. seems like the market overreacted to the earnings...

peleincubus and CCity Zero like this.
  16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Has anyone tried trading spx/vix options after hours?
    Haha, this is perfect. I am going to hopefully have some time in morning to look at this.

Man, on a side note I've been looking at that wallstreetbets reddit you mentioned more, and wow.. Some amazing portfolios made and then some absolute trash... Man... I'd be a wreck if I had run up to 750k + and then got it down to like $5..... Like just absolutely absurd haha, like I mean some of these insane plays these guys hit on, I hope some at least take some out and buy something or invest better.... Can't keep going spy calls/puts etc etc

Not necessarily for plays (obviously), just entertaining, I just can't imagine having that happen... It's basically like a roulette/craps player who can't pullback winnings..

KingCheetah and Sajan like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

GILD halted. Good news incoming?

18. Sajan

Sajan Member

"GILD is aware of positive data emerging from the NIAID study of the investigational antiviral remdesivir for the treatment of COVID-19. We understand that the trial has met its primary endpoint and that NIAID will provide detailed information at an upcoming briefing."

CCity Zero likes this.
  19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

This is actually good news.

CCity Zero likes this.
  20. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow... about to get paid on BAC options, Hahahaha, I don't like BAC but I'll trade contracts..

And Macy's... Lol - now USO just needs to crater after RS. Just for this next week, then it can moon for all I care.

SDC I'll be up on entries I made but but need it to go a little bit today...

Man..... Gild I don't have, but hopefully it causes market to jump, only puts are on USO

#9680 CCity Zero, Apr 29, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2020