1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    We are ONE DAY AWAY from the NBA Draft and knowing what the Rockets will do with the #3 selection. We're talking Rockets and the NBA Draft LIVE at 8:00pm CT!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!
  3. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Def would have been nice to get in before the merger... that’s why the stock dropped like it did but it is probably up and up from here

CCity Zero likes this.
  2. Sajan

Sajan Member

I am probably going to get in on it tomorrow.
    Seems like a good long play.

CCity Zero and davidio840 like this.
  3. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice find, options on calls look interesting too, I have a feeling the price will shift for buy-in tomorrow but it looks like money could be made pretty easily just moving contracts further out. Regardless, longterm stock should be great.

I also like it because some silly sites are saying not to buy it... I mean it could easily go down some like short term, but regardless it's one that has a lot more to gain back over time.

Sajan likes this.
  4. adoo

adoo Member

it has been consolidating on declining volume; needs a catalyst, which could be the 7 May earnings call.

Sajan likes this.
  5. Sajan

Sajan Member

The merger with UTC just completed April 3rd.

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Only thing I'd worry about is the chunk of RTX still dealing with Boeing and Airbus and the commercial/retail airline portion of the industry. The government contracts may keep them afloat in the meantime, but right now the commercial aircraft business is like a boat anchor. Could be a good long-term play if you're willing to hold it until the airline industry starts coming back.

CCity Zero likes this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

We should have just gone all in on Tesla options... All the research and time spent and I could have just threw it in all in Tesla, hahah

Note- I'm not talking now so don't throw money in :) but this morning or few weeks back... I don't know where this will be later, this is wild though. I'm thinking options few months/years out would be easy on this though. - then again nothing is easy... Someone with bad luck, they'd buy them and then it would just sit there and decay

#9627 CCity Zero, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  8. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Side note, watching USO for RS, looking interesting atm for Put etc. Also interested in new/new investors - to see what this looks like after RS, even though it doesn't have to play like a normal stock I think this will most likely dip. I hope new investors that went in on this are watching things, I'm not talking about anyone in particular on this thread but it's not good when articles are being followed up w/ what a RS does.

And UAVS... Back in on this morning, Just garbage play, But it's working. I Wouldn't buy now unless you did DD/enjoy risky small caps/news, but this was one I mentioned last week. And have been able to repeat the play.

These are still very short term plays, and not financial advice etc.

#9628 CCity Zero, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I’ve bought and sold Tesla many times. Just buy the dips. Tomorrow might another chance.

CCity Zero likes this.
  10. thegary

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

I'm interested in seeing the earnings tomorrow. Not currently in play, but watching it.

12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Nice, that's a really good play. I'm glad someone was doing it.

13. Dream Sequence

Dream Sequence Contributing Member

Hard to imagine Google doesn't have soft guidance. Expedia is one of their biggest clients and already announced they are cutting back marketing significantly. I would think a lot of marketing budgets have been cut. Of course I still bought shares a few weeks ago as I'm thinking of this as a long term play and not really worried about near term (other than hopefully an opportunity to add some shares).

14. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

My amazon shares are going in the toilet

15. thegary

Not unless you sell them

adoo and RKREBORN like this.
  16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Or give one to me. It would take care of my tuition for my summer classes lol

RKREBORN and CCity Zero like this.
  17. adoo

adoo Member

this was last Thu
    on Fri, after traded above 50MA, it ended up flat for the day.

50 MA ~49​

so far today, BX is up 5.6%, ~ 51.09, appears to be bouncing off the 50MA

18. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Any opinions on BYND (Beyond Meat)? I usually only trade futures, but saw this was down quite a bit today.

19. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Man, I should have bought more UAVS.... Yay trash caps

20. thegary

Not a bad idea, could be good