1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Regarding spx, looks like 10 day low was around 1780. think people shaky about dec tapering, hence the sell off. market was due for a small pullback. If spx doesh't hold here, we could see it in the 1760-1772 range.

2. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

anyone still long IAG? they just suspended their dividend.

stock down to 3.65 after hours.

3. itony

itony Member

mid 20's worked for three years before deciding to go back to school. opened up a roth ira over at scottrade and threw in a little bit of money to just save for later. got lazy and now it's just sitting there and since i'm not making money anymore it's just gonna stay at the amount it is.
    looking back i guess I'm not sure I would do it again but ehh whatever.

The thing is though that I put in money, and about 3/4's of it I purchased stocks (SPY) way back then when things were low.Obviously it has risen now and I have the last 1/4 that is just sitting there in the account.

As you can see by my purchasing of only SPY that I wanted something stable that would increase with general inflation. What should I do with the leftover money instead of just leaving it there like I have stupidly done out of laziness?

4. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

damn, 1760?! that's like 3% off the all time highs. i think i can hear bernanke's helicopter warming up already.

5. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Hilton anyone?

6. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

LULU just dropped 10-11% on 4Q forecast I have been in nad out this stock since it was like 30 something before the split. They always under forecast and over achieve. I think would be a good spot to get in. This I think is the second time I have ever seen this stock drop in the past 3 years substantially like this.

The price that LULU should be at is around 78-80. So there is about 30% to be made.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

I read an article where they said the IPO was oversubscribed by a factor of 5. But my friend who is a small time investor (10 trades a year) got hit up by Schwab to see if he was interested in this stock. I think they were just drumming up interest so it would pop at open with no real chance for most of the people they hit up to get any of the stock at that price.

8. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

Looks like we are hitting support in the /es. I'm a buyer at these levels for swing trade time frames.

9. benchmoochie

it is presently sitting at a year low.
    as with all trades, one should take into account the downside. I think it would go to between $45-$50 with any downside in market, so it would probably be best to average into it if one wanted to take a position.
    I always like to see how things shake out for 5 days before getting into a position after some negative news was put out.

10. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Could someone not named eddie please help me understand TNXP? It's down big again today, and I'm wondering if now is the time to get in on it. Any and all help is much appreciated.

11. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

just wait a while.. its going to go under 7 maybe close to 5. Just a couple months time with ppl getting tired of hearing no news and selling to take profits and frustrated ppl selling on a loss that don't want to be holding the bag.

I'm learning that the hard way with IPCI right now. I'll be fine long term but its tough looking at right now lol

1 person likes this.
  12. benchmoochie

TNXP - volume is anemic on a huge down day of market. that surprised me. anyhow think last few days daytraders got a hold of it to push it to $10.70. now it's just settling back to where it was. above poster is correct with no news stock will trade down or sideways to probably $6 area if not lower.

1 person likes this.
  13. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

bench moochie you're just wrong....look tnxp isn't IMUC which crumbled 60% today, they're not trying to cure brain cancer with a vaccine like IMUC, TNXP is taking an existing drug at a lower dose than currently exists and doing special things

The CEO said yesterday $8 was a good entry point, listen to his speech

Most biotechs try to pull a rabbit out of their ass, TNXP doesn't, and I promise you 1 year from now you will regret not buying it at these levels

mark this post please

14. joeyyungrocks

joeyyungrocks Member

Your right its good to wait its not jumping 20% anytime soon.

15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

How about you give some advice to the people who you got into IAG?

16. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

Great when i recommended it at $4.60 was during the debt ceiling crisis, it rose 25% shortly after, i never said it was some long term blockbuster, just a good buy during the debt ceiling debacle when people wanted the safety of gold

It was up 25% shortly after I said buy it.....its not my fault people hold on forever, a 25% gain in under a month is time to sell for something like that

17. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

That was 10/03/2013 @ $4.56

10/28/13 it was @ $5.59

That was a 22.5% run up in a month.......so just because i didnt specify when to bail on it, i mislead everyone?

I bought it for the debt crisis and i sold it for a 15% gain

if people listened they had the opportunity to make up to 22.5% in 3 weeks

Just like HIMX and TNXP i gave people a good trade

when they choose to sell is their problem

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That's cool. You didn't really seem to imply it was that short term. So did you dump Tnxp based on that same logic? Lol not sure why I am really even asking. Just bored.

19. eddiewinslow

eddiewinslow Member

no TNXP is a long term blockbuster, the drug is basically a shoe-in for approval ask any researcher you know or anyone in the medical field to look at it and what it is composed of and what it's trying to do combined with phase 1 results

anyone with any semblance of a medical background will tell you the same

There is nothing about it that a technical trader would grasp, TNXP is a $50+ stock in the next 18 months, book it more likely $75-100 or around a $750M-$1B market cap once TNX 102 is past phase 2 and on the way to phase 3 which would basically imply its a done deal

TNXP is a once in a lifetime investment at the ground floor stage.

HIMX was fantastic but its upside is probably $30-40 being that it has a $1.8B market cap

TNXP at under $40M really has a chance with approval to be a $1B-2B company, Jazz pharmaceuticals is a $6.6B company off xyrem which is a drug for narcolepsy, so these biotechs dont have to cure AIDS or anything to grab a multi-billion dollar market cap

20. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

so if you're not here to help people, you're just here to brag about a couple of decent trades you've made?