1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Word of warning...they are big on sour crude processing which cost less for a barrel of oil but more to process. They need a good sour crack spread. Also they are big on ethanol now which with drought sending the corn prices higher eats into their profits.

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

NOK is tanking today..good time to rebuy IMO

I am hoping for a 30-40 cent bounce back at the end of the week.

3. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I actually did some profit taking already. Sold 1/2. I'll hang on to the other 1/2 for a while. I'm actually looking forward to 8/5.

I've got a close stop on C so I should be sitting on some new cash shortly. Not sure what the next month will bring. I've seen some bearish reports which make me cautious.

4. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

I'm thinking possibly a dollar dip after 08/05. MNKD and DSCO made a huge jump today

5. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

NOK has been on a free fall now...

had to sell my stake, hopefully can rebuy soon...I just hope it doesn't jump back today lol

6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

im in it long right now and looking to double down if it gaps down tomorrow. 2.70ish support looks good and nice uptrend.

7. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Jump back around 2.70?

Can you show me how you figure out where the support comes from, like how do you read the chart yourself, a simple explanation? Thanks!

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

It's not huge support but it's the base it took off from before. I'm just using that as support for this short term uptrend.

1 person likes this.
  9. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

I like Nokia as a higher risk play too. I think their new direction is decently solid and Microsoft has to back them to get their entire new strategy up and going. Microsoft's new storefront will hopefully syngergize well with the nok phones. The new phones are of decent quality - i'm thinking analagous to swatch watches.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yall should keep an eye on BPT. could be a decent pick up here. it's been completely destroyed.

11. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

well that worked out. covered some and it's probably topped out for the day, but i am looking to hold this and looking for 100. yeah BPT is overvalued based on current oil prices, but it has consistently traded with longer dated oil futures. only thing that would get me out is if WTI crashes below 85.

12. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

nokia kind of had awful news here with samsung releasing the first carrier phone for windows8 instead of them. kind of a shocker

13. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Wow great call...I looked before the market opened, to bad I did not buy!

14. Major

Major Member

Microsoft has been a pretty crappy partner to Nokia. Their one big phone that pushed Windows Phone into the market (Lumia) was trashed by MSFT telling people that it would not be upgradable to Windows 8. And now letting another company get the jump on the big next generation Windows phone - basically, Nokia got used by MSFT.

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

well amel was right facebook is still dropping. i still keep thinking about buying. i dont see another company taking social away from FB (at least ANY time soon) and see them starting to monetize those billion people at some point.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Real Life Inc.

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

has anyone bought nokia?

18. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

read the previous comments, I jumped back last week at 2.82

still hoping to pick a bit more money during the recent run

19. Chinahype

Chinahype Member

That company went out of business a long time ago.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I did too. I was hoping for a pre-pop but I'm afraid people are judging the phone by the 8 mp camera. I still think it will be a good phone but I'm not sure the specs will cause a stock pop. I do like the wireless charging and file transfer. Might have to wait until Q1 for the numbers which would be a big gamble. Personally, I'll probably put some loose stops in and let it ride.