1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

STOCK MARKET: Let's talk stocks and investing

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by SWTsig, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

What taxes? He's underwater from the rest of the year like the rest of us. :D

2. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Actually up about 8 grand for the year. Hopefully i cam keep it rolling. :cool:

3. s land balla

s land balla Contributing Member

Anyone lucky enough to get in on GM at $1.00? I'm glad I didn't panic and sell any of my $2.37 shares.

4. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Thanks robbie. I hadn't seen that clip and hadn't heard about this happening. I admit, I have no idea what the hell that exchange was about between Macke and Kneale. Macke made about as much sense to me as Gasparino did during his drunken exchange with Dylan Ratigan. Seriously... what the hell?? LOL. Did I miss something obvious?

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

LOL. I just watched that clip 2 more times and it's too painful to watch again, but I can honestly say I still have no idea what happened there. Either,

a) he had a nervous breakdown
    b) he's drunk
    c) he's on dope

LOL! Wow. Sad to see him go if that's the case, but lately he's been letting his ranting and raving get to be the priority rather than talking about stocks. I've mentioned this before, but it seemed like he was letting his shtick get in the way of his job. "Look, I'm a crazy guy who says what he wants and I don't care who knows it!" Wow... hopefully it's not a mental breakdown and he's ok.

** EDIT ** : Just saw this on another site. It's supposedly from Jon Najarian's Twitter site :

http://twitpic.com/5nd0i/full

#3066 Dr of Dunk, May 25, 2009
    Last edited: May 25, 2009
  7. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Enigmatic.

8. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

I am guessing he is talking about how the car industry going bad will erase any gains and them some. Ultimately, I believe he will be correct if GM shuts down for good.

9. wakkoman

wakkoman Contributing Member

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm wondering how a wave of expected foreclosures in some coastal states will do to our overall outlook. Job recovery has not been good to California.

11. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That's all fine and good, but nobody asked him about the car industry. It's like somebody asked him about the weather and he started commenting on his comic book collection. The look on Kneale's face was priceless especially when he tried to move on as he knew he was in the midst of yet another CNBC train wreck.

12. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Job recovery? I don't think we've hit the peak in job losses yet.

13. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

In which sector will we see growth in the next six months? I do not foresee many industries returning to their 2007 levels of output. :(

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've been in tech ETF's for the past couple of months which has done well (except for my stupid position in T), so I'm hoping technology can make a comeback. I also have some BP which has done well. I've held onto my MO for a few months and it's done well. I'm trying to stick with stocks that pay dividends for the most part since I can't tell what the market is going to do week-to-week. If the housing market picks up, many of the homebuilder stocks have been destroyed and can experience a pop, but I don't see anything obvious with a huge growth potential this year. I'll be buying into more ETF's and maybe some call options for the long(er) term though.

15. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

16. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

Howdy again everyone. Been awhile since I've posted, but here are some of my stock picks...

USU
    NE
    LINE
    MDR
    AAUK
    HUM

Take it for what it's worth. Happy investing!

17. Ubiquitin

Supporting Member

Sigh. I wish I could've shorted GM a week ago.

18. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

Well I pulled my kids college money out of the market back in 07. Graduation dates are 2010, 2012, 2014.

Is it ready to put back in? What sectors do you like and why? Any specific co within a sector? I normally follow oil, gas and finance but I'm not getting a warm fuzzy about any of those sectors. I may jump in NGAS companies in July/Aug.

19. Rockets Red Glare

Rockets Red Glare Contributing Member

Your kids are to close to graduation to have their college money in the market in my opinion.

20. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

The older one yes. The middle one needs to be a somewhat safer slow growth with stops. The younger one can be a little more risk but still have decent stops.