1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stimulating Murder

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Jul 9, 2011.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i tried to think of something more clever for a thread title, but i think IBD has it about right.

i've been trying to wrap my head around this scandal, and I'm surprised there hasn't been a previous thread, but it seems, that the ATF was trying to frame a mexican drug lord, who turns out to have been a CIA informant, using weapons the ATF supplied, which were then used to murder two of their own agents, all approved by AG Holder, and paid for with Stimulus dollars.

to state another way, ARRA, as designed by Obama, Pelosi, Reid, funded the murder of federal agents by mexican drug gangs.

this seems like a big deal.

1 person likes this.
  2. Pete the Cheat

3. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

You will take away my Second Amendment rights to hold overwhelmingly grotesque amounts of firepower over my COLD DEAD BODY, SIRE. I DO NOT CARE HOW MANY MEXICANS KILL HOW MANY PEOPLE. The Founding Fathers, as clairvoyant as they were, predicted the rise of .50 cals and automatics that could shred a multitude of people into dust in a couple of seconds, and they, being the wise men that they were, would never deny their children such nice playthings. Never mind the Fourth Amendment, or the Eighth Amendment. Wiretapping helps up catch terrorists. Bradley Manning deserves to be crucified. Guns can only help us defend our homes from the threats of rampaging raccoons. That they would end up in the hands of madmen...why, I never.

1 person likes this.
  4. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

So, what happened to the narrative of gun prohibition/control not stopping gun crime?

I guess we can suspend that mode of thinking when it gives us an opportunity to even remotely implicate Obama or a democrat (however irrelevant or tangential) in some kind of "scandal".

Just another thread that belongs in basso's freeper-approved trash heap.

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

It's a false flag operation to make it seem that America should crack down on gun ownership. They paint the picture that Mexican drug cartels are smuggling weapons from America. Which is true but they leave out the part that the ATF are purposely selling them the weapons. For all the bad things that they say about Alex Jones being a lunatic and a chicken little, they always are quiet when something like this that he discussed months ago comes on major news sites. Here are some recent articles.

http://www.infowars.com/us-governme...xican-drug-gangs-with-30000-firearms-but-why/
    http://www.infowars.com/obama-administration-caught-running-false-flag-against-second-amendment/

Video commenatry by Alex Jones
    http://www.infowars.com/obama-caught-staging-terror-attack/

6. Northside Storm

o_o

amazing. Is every shooting a false flag operation too to make it seem that America should have reasonable gun laws?

7. nickb492

What else would you call selling guns to drug cartels and having those same guns being used to kill people in Mexico and America?
    http://www.infowars.com/los-zetas-kingpin-we-bought-guns-directly-from-u-s-government/

8. Northside Storm

Seller's remorse? A sting gone bad? Another crazy chapter in the war on drugs?

You're telling me the gangs can't buy from American gun shops, when mentally deranged individuals can pack hollow-points?

I think it's a false flag operation to show just how insane the War on Drugs is, and incidentally, to push politicians to legalize drugs.

(if only)

9. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

Oh god. Alex Jones alert. We can officially bury this one then.

I love how these articles are just littered with links to other conspiracy websites, and every single fact that is critical to the main objective of the report is totally uncorroborated.

It was a wait-and-see recon tactic, which is used when investigating drug smugglers, terrorism, etc. all the time. Seeing team conspiracy and team freeper dry humping this story simultaneous for their own ends is sad.

10. nickb492

Mexican drug related deaths in 2009
    Mexican drug related deaths in 2010

American homicides in Mexico in 2009

American homicides in Mexico in 2010

Some 70 percent of guns seized in Mexico from 2009 to 2010 came from the United States

Now I'm not saying that every gun was bought from the ATF but would you agree that some percentage of deaths were caused by the ATF knowingly selling drug cartels weapons that were never traced and some have yet to be found? And having one of members of Los Zetas one of the most notorious organizations in the world, telling federal police that his organization bought guns from the US government not shock and disgust you? This is the same level of disgusting behavior that went on in the 80's when the CIA smuggled cocaine in America to help fund the Nicaraguan Contras.

11. Northside Storm

Would you agree that not some, but most of these deaths, in fact one could even argue all, stem from the federal government's insane desire to try to keep narcotics illegal?

Big American banks launder drug money to keep themselves afloat in profit.
    Government officials condone the drug trade and protect important individuals who do so---in Afghanistan, Karzai's family members, in Africa a prince or two etc.
    The prison industry is satisfied by ineffective minimum mandatory sentencing on drug crimes.

Really, ATF selling guns to Mexico is the least sordid part of this whole affair, especially since your only link of contention is the word of a criminal who lies and cheats for a living, and a conspiracy nut blogger.

(The above assertions I make btw, are proven in a court of law and internal whistle-blower accounts when it comes to drug laundering , and the second is substantiated by official diplomatic communiques, so I hasten to delineate the obvious failings of your evidence.)

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's a sad day in America when the word of Mexican drug cartels will be taken without a grain of salt and used as fodder against the President of the United States.

13. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Go back to sleep. Your government would never do anything to harm you. Disarming the population is a GOOD thing, just look at populations that fell victim to genocide- they were always armed. Remember, they will never, ever hurt you.

14. Northside Storm

If you're so concerned about this, fight for every measure to defeat the prison complex, and the military-industrial complex.

That said, it's laughable if you think your (relatively) tiny pea-shooters will do anything if the genocidal bastards who run the federal government ever fulfill their wildest dreams. Try an AK-47 against a Blackhawk, tell me how that works.

As it is, they are only a danger to your immediate family members, maybe a burglar (if you get lucky enough to want to kill a man who steals your physical property!), or soft, furry animals.

BUT WAIT A SECOND...OH SH** MAYBE AFGHANISTAN AND IRAQ WERE REALLY JUST TRAINING FOR THE ARMED SUPPRESSION OF AMERICAN MILITIAS

code red code red! to the tin hats!

1 person likes this.
  15. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Number of murders committed with these types of weapons that were legally owned in the USA?

Are you mentioning them because they are scary (to you) or because they are an actual societal problem?

16. gwayneco

gwayneco Contributing Member

CBS News has confirmed that ATF Fast and Furious "walked" guns have been linked to the terrorist torture and murder of the brother of a Mexican state attorney general last fall.

Two AK-47 variant rifles were found at the scene of a shoot-out with the murder suspects. Sources say the weapons were part of the controversial ATF program in which agents allowed thousands of guns to fall into the hands of suspects trafficking for Mexico's drug cartels.

Project Gunrunner scandal uncovered at ATF

This latest revelation complicates the already strained relationship between the U.S. and Mexico since CBS News first reported on the gunwalker scandal last February.

CBS News has learned that U.S. officials called Mexico's attorney general the day before last week's gunwalker hearing to inform her of the link to the murder.

Agent: I was ordered to let guns into Mexico

Mario Gonzalez Rodriguez, the brother of then-Chihuahua's attorney general Patricia Gonzalez Rodriguez, was kidnapped in October.Hooded terrorists surrounding the handcuffed Rodriguez forced him to record a video statement that was widely-distributed in Mexico. His body was found in November.

A bipartisan team of members of Congress heads to Mexico tomorrow as their investigation moves south of the border.

Congress irate over guns-to-Mexico program

Two AK-47 variant assault rifles that ATF allegedly let "walk" were also found at the murder scene of border patrol agent Brian Terry last December. Others were found in the stash of suspected drug cartel members who shot at a Mexican government helicopter in recent weeks.

Charges in murder of U.S. Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry

The Justice Department Inspector General is investigating allegations related to the gunwalking case.

17. basso

Supporting Member

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost not wrong
    Supporting Member

We know what happened, reporting the news isn't freep worthy. Trying to use yoga logic to frame this story as Obama-approved and Democrat-financed murders is what is freepish about it. But hey, at least you've got that bastion of sanity and credibility, Alex Jones, on your side this time.

19. basso

Supporting Member

it was financed by the stimulus, and approved by Holder- nothing freepish about noting that.

this has iran-contra written all over it, and deserves the same level of scrutiny, if not higher, given that ATF agents were murdered using these guns.

20. Northside Storm

SIRE

automatics ARE ILLEGAL! Curse the government! And curse your trickery!

However, the Founding Fathers would not will it so. They wrote the Constitution according to the theory that a well-armed militia would someday have need of nuclear weapons.

and .50s SIRE

http://www.vpc.org/snipercrime.htm

DO NOT CAUSE ANY HARM!