1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still hate Pippen?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by #3 Francis, Dec 8, 2002.

1. PiPdAdY33

PiPdAdY33 Member

That year that Pippen played with Houston, he was coming off of major back surgery during the summer. Although that doesn't excuse how the team mis used him, we all know that it takes a while to come back from these things, we have the great example in Maurice Taylor.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

I don't hate Pippen -- as long as I'm not thinking about him, that is. The minute I think about him, though, my blood pressure goes sky-high.

Here's a good tip: Put up a chicken-wire screen in front of your TV whenever the Rockets play the JailBlazers. That way, you don't have to buy a new TV the next day.

3. nineteen

nineteen Member

Mark,

Barkley is on my list as the Best All-Around Ever at the PF position.

PF Barkley
    SF Bird
    C Dream
    PG Magic
    SG Jordan

That being said SP is definitely Top 50. MJ doesn't win w/out Pip by his side. Pip saw the lack of discipline Rudy had over the team and wanted to leave. He wanted to play for a coach, Phil, who knew what he was doing. The guy was making $14M/yr and still wanted to win! Imagine that. Those are the same issues that plague Rudy today. Scottie went to the Western Conf. Finals with Blazers after he left the Rox. The Rox haven't been close since!

4. Hiroshikun

Hiroshikun Member

The guy wanted to win but Blazers chocked it big time! He was supposed to be the leader of the team, and where was his leadership!
    Rockets mayt not have been in the playoff since the saga, but with core of young players in the team, it seems like we have benefited from the trade in the long run.
    There is no doubting of Pippen's ability as a player, but a leader? No chance. That is why Pippen comes nowhere near to Barkley or Hakeem in terms of greatness. Therefore, he should have shut up of his mouth and played the role he was asked to play. In fact it was he, who made Rockets unstable by constantly whining about his role and slagging of his team mate.

5. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I'm proud to be a true Rockets fan who meets the pre-requisite.:)

6. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

As a long time Bulls fan, I used to love Pippen more than MJ, this was before his refusal to entering the game at 0.18(?).

I don't hate him, but dislike hime since then. You can say or do anything off the court, in the locker room, but you have to be 100% committed once you step on the court. That's called professionalism(sp?).

Pippen has never been very professional in many ways since he joined the NBA. He signed a long term contract with the Bulls to pretect himself, even the owner JR warned him that he'd regrete it late. Two years later, he demanded a new contract by faking an injury. When he was with the Bulls, at one time or another, he publically discredited everyone with the team, include MJ & PJ. H. Grant was his best friend then, but he left him and kissed up to MJ when he say the benifits. Then came the 0.18s drama. All in all, he is very unmature as a professional.

But as a bball player, I agree with DavidS. He was the best all around player in the 90's. I've followed the Bulls since 1987, have taped more than 200 of their games. Most of the Bulls fan will tell you that Scottie was a better defensive player than MJ. He was also better on the open court, and better at directing the offense and defense.

Remember the year MJ took time off, Pippen almost took the Bulls into the final by himself, if not for the infamouse H. Hollis call. When the first Dream team was practicing for the Olympics, Magic Johnson was so impressed with Pippen, called him the best all around player he had ever seem, Barkely said the same thing then.

I don't like the guy as a person, but don'd discredit his talent as a bball player because of that. He definitely belongs to NBA 50 greatest players.

7. NewYorker

NewYorker Ghost of Clutch Fans

I don't hate Pippen anymore. I think everyone knows for sure that he was never that great...merely a good role player that looked great next to mj.

That had to hurt, and that's good enough for me to say I don't hate him anymore.

In the end, it was a good trade (for Kato)

8. nineteen

nineteen Member

daoshi,

I agree. 200 games, wow! I've seen at least 100 Bulls games in person. Championship Lockeroom tape in LA? I'm on some of those tapes. Can I purchase some of your copies? E-mail me.

9. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

im so glad hes starting to suck. i take great pleasure in his diminishing skills. i despise him even more, (not only cuz we pretty much traded him for cato and cut Stacey Augmon, Walt Williams, Ed Gray, Carlos Rogers and Brian Shaw, now shooting the lights out in la) but because the Blazers are the dirtiest team in the league. The last time i ever respected them was when they still had clyde. everything that comes out of that organization is either a team that fails come together come playoff time or anythign to do with drugs or assault. oregon must be quite a place.

10. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

The term 'all-around' is really useless. When someone says a guy is a good 'all-around' player, that's usually just another word for ROLE PLAYER. Jordan is THE reason Pippen is on the Top 50 list, bottom line.

11. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

THANK YOU!!!

It's a disgrace to mankind that Pippen is on the Top 50 and Dominique Wilkins is NOT. It still bothers me to this day.

12. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

He took them to the finals by himself? Please. Dude SAT OUT a play to win a rather crucial playoff game. That right there suggests he put himself above any team concept. If anything, he wanted to take *himself* to the final, not the team. And he DID NOT pull it off.

Magic said that because he couldn't say he (himself) was the greatest all-around player he'd ever seen. Besides, I think someone made a good point earlier by stating that "all-around" is another way of saying "second fiddle" or "role player". I'll buy that.

13. droxford

droxford Member

<br>
    <br>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Hatred is timeless.

-- droxford

14. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

As I said in my post, condemn him for doing that. But can you name any other starting quality players in the Bulls at that year, other than H.Grant? Don't discredit the guy as a bball player just because you hate him.

Magic was a great offensive player, an above average denfensive player. How can you call him a great all around player? Didn't you hear anyone define "second fiddle" or "role player" when he calls someone a best all around player?
    Grant Hill was often refered as the 2nd coming of Pippen when he was the man in Pistons. It has nothing to do with second fiddle" or "role player".

15. slamonline

slamonline Member

Hate snotty? Why should I? He's a completely amazing *******. Anyone who could be such a whining baby deserves some kind of pity. Regardless, I believe that Sir Charles needs to regulate on him for the way he insulted him. Do I hate Scottie? IF you're a true rockets fan...., there's no way not to.

16. prettyricky

prettyricky Member

Oh damn I hate that guy. He is, was, and will always be trash as a player. He at his best was average, the manner in which he bamboozled the league into thinking he is anything worth a damn pisses me off. I love almost every player to ever put on a rockets uniform, but I will never like, love, or respect that guy
    in fact in decending order WORST ROCKETS EVER:

5: Terrance Morris- This guy isn't good at anything.

4: Steve Harris/ Shandon Anderson- 2 slightly better Terrance Morris'

3: Derrick Chevious -Bad shooter w/ green light

2: 2 Sandwiches- Don't remember his real name, but who cares. Slow, Fat, lazy and cocky. What in the hell were we thinking?

1: Scottie Pippen the epidimy of a loser. Made ever player he guarded look like an allstar. Turned the ball over every third trip down the court. Destroyed team chemistry. Introduced the art of b****ing to Houston, Tx. Betrayed Charles Barkley. Beat his woman & drove around my beautiful home town drunk. Freaking loser.

17. Miggidy Markell

Terence Morris should NEVER make that list. OK, fair enough you may dislike the guy, but he does have ability and he is starting to get comfortable with his shooting stroke.

18. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

Scottie Pippen sucks and will always suck, the only reason he's remembered for anythin is becuz of Jordan.....his sorry ass shouldve left the NBA a ling time ago.....sorry piece of trash. All he did when he wuz here was bring us down....

oh yeah, by the way, the anger is still around.