1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Still at the 5th seed for some time but what's happening?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by nomangame, Dec 21, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Doppleganger

Doppleganger Rookie

This team has never been at full strength. There have been injuries since game one.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Marcus Morris 19points, 5/6 from 3 he's shooting 45% from 3, him and ppat would be nice on our bench healthy right now, but we have Garcia & casspi

3. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

No freak outs until March please. Still a gelling team coping with copious injuries. With any luck, they get the injury quota done by Feb and start playing well.

2 people like this.
  4. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Injuries effect the bench. Replace "bad bench" with "turnovers".

And add poor coaching.

This crap is starting to sound like the Texans.

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

They're closer to the falcons, substantial run of injuries leading to depth being stretched to the extreme and less than ideal lineups, which in turn leads to losses.

6. EnergyGuy

EnergyGuy Rookie

Dwight

And if you don't understand what I'm saying ...

7. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

As of right now, agreed on points #1 and #2. Everything else, SHUT UP. We have 53 games to go. Just a matter of time everyone gets healthy, we get more and more games under us, and the chemistry begins to take shape. PATIENCE is golden. GO Rockets.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Looks like we're in 6th at the moment. It doesn't matter though, because if Morey and Asik can't get it straightened out soon our team will be first round fodder anyway.

9. Yellow

Yellow Member

We lose a few more and we can get a nice pick in the draft, that's not such a bad thing. Let Harden, Parsons & Lin shut it down for the year, work on their feet and backs, and just keep losing.

10. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Exactly, I think these guys are mostly primadonna anyway. We can't win a championship with our team as currently constructed. We need tough players and guys who don't care about the media or what they say.

It might be another 20 years before we make it back to the finals. Because I just don't see any toughness or heart from our current squad.

11. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Not saying the Falcons are top notch, but you approve of the Texans' coaching?

12. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

13. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Would be a shame because a healthy Rockets squad minus Asik should do 2nd round minimum.

14. allaroundplayer

It must boggle Morey's mind that Portland went from a lottery team to the top of the conference without adding 1, 2 or 3 max players.

Courtney Lee would be great for the Rockets, but Morey spent all the money on the vanity signing of Dwight Howard & now he is planning his next vanity signing.

15. Aleron

The Rockets problem isn't coaching, just as the Falcons isn't, the Texans issue is their QB and coach suck, the Texans might well have won 3-4 more games if their QB didn't throw a single pass.

16. Aleron

Actually it's pretty easy to pinpoint, they've had no injuries at all, and they've been extremely lucky (the number of games they've won at this point in the season by under 1 shot might well be an nba record, 6 i think if u include OT games)

#56 Aleron, Dec 24, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  17. cw3k

cw3k Member

They are not extremely lucky. They play a game of team basketball with 5 scorers at all time with average 30 to 33 mpg for starter. Unlike the Rockets which play heroball with 40 minutes for each of the starters and 0 ball movement. More player time mean more chance to get injury. Did I mentioned there is no ball movement? Whoever hold the ball got sandwiched every time.

18. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

I dont know why people hate the midrange jumper. I mean have you guys seen how MJ and Kobe dominated at the midrange. I mean having a MJ that could shoot like that would do wonders in changing and up the Rockets stagnant offense at times when the 3s and post aren't working. Someone like a LMA or a dirk would bring the Rockets to another level.

19. Juxtaposed Jolt

Good idea. I'm sure every team is willing to give up their LMA and Dirk type players.

The midrange jumper is the worst shot in the game.

20. allaroundplayer

Lilliard has made a lot of clutch shots at the end of games, but Portland has the same nucleus as last season: Lilliard, LMA, Batum & Matthews. They just added role players.

Last season the Rockets had a good team, but Morey decided to overhaul the team. Now I'm not sure they have a good nucleus or even what it is.

They all just take turns going one-on-one. I think what happened is a couple of players are mainly interested to get theirs and that became contagious.

Casspi, Garcia & Brooks think they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. It seems like every time they touch it they look to score the ball.