1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Stickies inside threads?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by buckaroo, Feb 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. buckaroo

buckaroo Contributing Member

I was thinking it would be useful of the certain messages inside a thread could be sticky'ed on top of each page.

A prime example would be the cyberx thread. It's no fun sifting through multiple pages just to find out what cyberx said.

I was thinking the mods could select certain posts they feel relevant, and sticky them. This would lessen then endless "what did cyberx say?" posts and the endless questioning of the legitimacy of certain posters.

If the mods don't want to get involved, maybe you can develop a system where users could thumbs up or down a post, and posts with X number of ups get sticky'ed.

A sticky page would get unruly in a thread the size of the cyberx one, so maybe you could limit the sticky'ed posts to the last 10-20 page?

Clutchfans is the best. I appreciate the hard work you do keeping the site going.

2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I like this.

3. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

While this won't solve all of the issues that you are looking for, you can just look at all of Cyberx's posts in that thread by clicking on the post count from the main forum page. It brings up a list of the posters who have contributed to the thread and their number of posts. Click on the number of posts and it brings up all of their posts inside the thread.

4. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I like this as well.

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Since you're a contributing member, just do a search for your username and choose the "Show [posts]" option. You'll see all "replies" to you or where people mention your name. :eek:

You can also click "New Posts" above to see what's been posted after you've read the threads in the same forums. It's a lot easier than figuring out what you have or have not read already. :cool: