1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steven curry should have never received a single 1st place vote for mvp

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by icecreamman, May 24, 2016.

1. BackdoorHarden

[​IMG]

2. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

lmao steven curry is literally the worst mvp of all time. strong performance in the nba finals "unanimous mvp". Literally the biggest joke ever and biggest insult to former/future MVP's. Curry should never ever been even considered mvp.

3. DreamRun95

DreamRun95 Member

People should really understand that MVP award is for the regular season and not the post season. The people that are saying he is the worst MVP ever are just being irrational.

The post season award is the Finals MVP. Totally different area.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

That would imply icecreamman at least having the IQ of a toddler, which we all know he doesn't. Also, it's funny how he talks about "NBA, screw durr refffs" when Curry lights up OKC and other teams, but then goes on with his "Steven is teh worst player evuuur" when Curry has one bad game.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I wonder if he goes another year without winning Finals MVP. That would be wild. But so far that is what it looks like.

6. wekko368

wekko368 Member

If the Warriors win the title this year, Curry should be a lock for FMVP. Last year, he was deserving of the FMVP (26ppg, 5 rpg, 6 apg, 2 spg), but didn't have the name recognition.

At this point, Curry should get the Kobe treatment. Another Warrior would have to statistically dominate Curry in order for Curry not to win the FMVP. Even if Curry is arguably outperformed by a teammate, he should win it (like Kobe's 2010 FMVP).

7. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Didn't have the name recognition???

Dude was league MVP last season.

8. wekko368

wekko368 Member

He was a first time MVP who exploded onto the scene. He hadn't accomplished enough to earn media favoritism.

9. verysimplejason

Nobody's perfect. It is what Murphy's Law dictates. Defense just zeroed in to both the Splash brothers. GSW was flexible enough in Game 1 to adjust. Now, what will happen in Game 2? How will Curry and Thompson adjust? Playoffs is a different beast than regular season. That's a given.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He may have "done enough" but Iguodala was certainly more deserving the way he impacted the game and totally changed the series on both ends of the court when he was inserted into the starting lineup.

He certainly had media favoritism back then as well, c'mon dude.

11. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

steven curry is the biggest fraud in nba history

12. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Oh my god you and Rockets Pride are losers with these ****ing dedicated player hate threads.

STOP. You don't have to like them, but the lack of respect is childish.

13. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Not my fault steven curry is a fraud. It's his fault. Go talk to him bud

14. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Yep. Curry has never accomplished anything in the NBA except win a Finals and get back to back MVP votes. Total fraud. I can't believe people worship this guy when he broke the NBA record for made 3s in a single season and helped his team go 73-9. Dude totally sucks balls. I wonder when the Warriors are going to wise up and trade his ass. Maybe Mauri can make a deal for Harden that dude sucks even worse.

15. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

Dude steven got away with all of that because the league let him. It has been proven the refs won the warriors countless games. It's been proven that the majority of steven curry's shots are off illegal screens. The mvp votes he got are from media members who have hyped steven up all year. Everyone knows he's terrble without his illegal screens 3's. Why do you think harden won the mvp voted by the players last year? and rumor is westbrook will win the players mvp this year. Btw steven curry has yet to show up in any nba finals. he's going to be the go down in the record books for winning season mvp and losing finals mvp not for just 1 season but 2 consecutive seasons. Nothing is unanimous mvp about him. It's a joke and anyone who thinks he's mvp doesn't know basketball

16. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I still haven't figured out the reward that makes being a troll worth all the time and effort.

17. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Indeed. And why troll on a rockets board about a player from another team???? People do not really care.

18. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

It's funny to me when people think I'm trolling. I am not. Steven Curry is literally the biggest joke of an mvp in the history of the nba. He's been exposed as a fraud on countless occasions. This subsection worships him. I'm here to cement this in peoples head that he is a terrible basketball player who just happens to be a decent 3 pt shooter off of only illegal screens. Dude can't do a damn thing else. He guards the worst player on the floor 99% of the time and still can't play defense on them. He can't drive to the basket. He can't dunk. Don't even get me started on his mannerisms. Dude is pathetic and is a cancer in this league. He single handedly destroyed the nba. The nba finals is the mos boring and unentertaining series in history until last game. No one likes the warriors the are successful out of illegal plays. Do you guys not even realize the warriors are our current rivals and you ask me why I "troll"? this is not trolling. this is stating facts. The ones who call me a troll are bandwagon warrior fans. You are what is wrong with this generation of fans.

19. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

:rolleyes:

Because Andre Iguodala truly is one of the top known players in the league

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

*Crickets*