1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steven Curry is ruining the nba

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by icecreamman, May 10, 2016.

1. i3artow i3aller

2. tksense

tksense Member

Apologies for the typo: curry belongs on Mrs. Currys. Hope no one caught that error :p

3. tksense

tksense Member

Anyone know what are those shades for?

4. MistaK

MistaK Member

Not sure if serious. He definitely deserved the award this year. Sure cases can be made for some other players too, but if you look at it objectively, no way they should win the award over Curry. GS had a historic season; he is the No1 option on that historic team, he broke the record for 3pters made, shot a good % from the field

Also, every MVP player gets destroyed at times, during the season and definitely during the playoffs.

If you wanna make a case, that Curry shouldn't have won the MVP last year - go ahead and yeah I agree, that one was pretty much gifted to him. This year however, he clearly deserved the award.

I dislike the GSW and I don't particularly like Curry but you gotta appreciate the season he had.

5. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Those are fashion sunglasses. Obviously for looking good for the ladies watching him practice.

6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Probably to block any sight below and force Curry to look up (not at ball). My daughter used to train with different glasses intended to keep her eyes up. She also has done a similar drill (dribbling basketball while tossing a tennis ball). Also dribbling different size basketballs. She is a way better point guard than I ever was... skills training is way better now than when I played.

She also used to train with gloves intended to force you to use just your fingertips. In eight years playing she has only been called for palming once... and that was a weak a$$ call by a bad ref. Meanwhile you see lots of kids mimic players like Curry and carrying the ball while dribbling. Even had an argument with a ref who said the opposing team's player wasn't gaining an advantage by carrying the ball on cuts. :rolleyes: I asked him if a player simply avoided dribbling altogether on drives would that be "gaining an advantage"? He would have T'd me if I asked that during the game. :grin:

7. i3artow i3aller

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Who do you think wins Players' MVP this year?

9. MONON

MONON Member

Along those lines & "the NBA game is changing" line, the MVP award now goes to the BEST player not the Most Valuable Player. Where would GS finish without Curry? Worse case, they'd be #3 in the NBA. They're stacked!

That being said, Curry's a great player. #2 or 3 imho. Just not the most valuable to his team.

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

They'd be a playoff team. 3rd place sounds really high. They wouldn't be a serious contender. With him, they're the favorites.

Curry is also a very well rounded offensive player. It's unfair to say he's just a great outside shooter.

11. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Very true, he could average 20 plus without shooting any 3s in a game.

12. MONON

MONON Member

I agree with your 2nd point, but slightly disagree with your 1st. Curry isn't the only good shooter they have. GS would still free up their other shooters with their moving/pushing screens for open shots they hit at 40%. OK! :( I'll drop them to 4th. :grin:

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I agree! I can't stand that guy! Luckily for us his brother Stephen makes it exciting.

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Michael Jordan ruined the NBA long before Curry started playing organized basketball.

15. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I agree. He ruined the NBA for fans of caveman style, Iso ball, 90-79 type games.

16. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

The haters

17. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I live in the Bay Area and have watched almost every single Warriors game this season. That being said, I think people on this board vastly overrate the Warriors without Curry, probably bc of how many times they beat the Rockets without him. Don't forget, they got blown out by the Mavs without him the night before they beat the Mavs on NYE.

Assuming every other team is FULLY healthy, I'd rank the following ahead of a Curry-less Warriors:

Spurs, Thunder, Clippers, Grizzlies, Mavs, Cavs, Heat... and possibly the Blazers and Celtics as well.

18. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

^^^ the night before they beat the *Rockets on NYE.

19. wekko368

wekko368 Member

I'd also consider the Bulls since a healthy Butler & Noah make a big difference.

20. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9zSVu76AX3I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>