1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steven Curry is ruining the nba

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by icecreamman, May 10, 2016.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Curry is not the cause for NBA players shooting more 3s. The number of 3 point attempts have been going steadily upward ever since its introduction. This trend has been happening since way before Curry entered the league. The mid-90s championship Rockets, for example, were a part of this trend. Teams and players have just found out that the 3 is a efficient shot compared to long 2s when you have a competent enough shooter-- and many NBA-caliber players can develop into competent enough shooters with some effort.

So, even if Curry doesn't exist, the NBA most likely would still have seen its 3 point attempts go up every season. Guys are not shooting 3s because they worship Curry, they are shooting 3s because they did the math.

2. lalala902102001

Who was the last NBA player that averaged 30 ppg while shooting 50/40/90?

Couldn't find one? Yeah that's because there has never been one until Curry this year.

3. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Anyone ever got 50/45/90?

4. likestohypeguy

Let's just make the nba a team 3 point competition.

No one gets to play defense against anyone else, and every one of each teams' players park around the arc, at their own goal, taking turns shooting as many threes at the basketball ring as they can get off in four quarters. If you foul, or distract anyone else with loud noises or interfering gestures while they're shooting, you get ejected from the three ball competition. Whoever makes the most threes in the allotted time is the greatest BASKETBALL PLAYER of all time.

5. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

banned on sports misc again, steckor?

6. Caesar

Caesar Member

Larry Bird averaged 29.9 shooting 52.7,41.4,91.6 at 31 years old. Also adding 9.3rpg, 6.1apg, 1.6spg, .8bpg. It was his final healthy season before the back gave out.

It's nothing new other than shooting 11 3's a game in 34 minutes and an incredible %. Curry is the greatest shooter ever, but i mean if Ray Allen could shoot 11 3's a game in 34 minutes, he'd probably get close. Ray Allen averaged 26 and 25 ppg the 2 years he shot his career high 8 3's a game at 40%. Ray never got the 50% fg, he always jsut shy of it playing on bad teams he had to carry. Curry's 45 % is ridiculous, but it's not impossible for someone like Ray Allen or Reggie to get 30ppg and 11 attempts for 40-45% from 3 on this Warriors team and their illegal screens. Of course Curry is a better creator than Ray, Reggie, or Larry, but Curry didn't average 30 on taking people off the dribble.

7. atamirisa

atamirisa Member

Y'all disgust me. Tell me you wouldn't trade a single player on our roster for him. I would gladly give up Harden for a guy who doesn't dominate the ball, has his **** together, and is going to be one of the top 10 players to ever play.

I can't believe you're criticizing Steph. Can you imagine if he played Harden minutes what his stats would be?

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Not sure if this is a serious question, but Curry did this year.

9. likestohypeguy

Steph curry haters are ruining the nba forum!

He's just a product of the new rules. It's not like he made them, just a perfect storm of talent that exploited them. Don't be surprised though, when the new wave emulating him, has 500+ 3 seasons, if we continue in this direction. Then the cycle will begin again. Hate on.

10. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its a copycat league and the Warriors are hot now so teams are trying to build small ball teams to beat them at their own game. There will be a team come along eventually to beat them in a different way and then teams will copy them its always been that way and always will be.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I don't who Steven Curry is but this Steph Curry guy aint human.

12. underrated015

underrated015 Member

How can u hate a player that's on 2k16mode and destroying defenses. Kinda entertaining.

13. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Except every team is actually trying to play defense and gameplanning for Curry. LMAOOOO

And Curry is making it LOOK like a 3 point contest alright. You just gave him the biggest compliment and don't even realize it LOL

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Curry seems to ruin PROPER PRONOUNCIATION

15. Rocket_Man_2.0

**** the Warriors! The only reason they're good is because refs let them get away with bs. I wish Howard was allowed to bear hug Hardens defender. Harden would score 100 if the Rockets were officiated like the Warriors!:rolleyes:

16. mac2yao

mac2yao Member

I'm guessing you have yet to watch Curry play if you think all he does is "sit back and shoot three-pointers."

You should watch him, sometime. He's pretty exciting with his drives to the hoop, floaters, mid-range jumpers and fancy passes. Oh and also the three-pointers. Those are pretty sweet, too.

17. i3artow i3aller

I believe he's related to Stephon Curry.
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  18. tksense

tksense Member

That him being the best dribbler in the game? Or what kind of daggers does he throw on a routine basis at the end of close games? Like the two today and many thoughout the year?

Dribble dribble dribble, step back, before you know it, ball goes in. Mind you, his dribbles, esp the behind the backs, actually serve a purpose of evading defenders, unlike the other ball hog types who go sideways with no purpose.

He is the best player in the nba off the dribble, that's what he can avg 30 efficiently. Thanks for bringing this fact to our attention :)

19. calurker

calurker Contributing Member

I think the OP has a point here. Curry is totally a product of the rules. I mean, if he played back in the day when hand checking was legal AND there were no 3 point lines, then his scoring average would be 20 instead of 30, because all his points come from stupid ass 3s. I mean, just because you shot from 23-3/4 ft. instead of 23-1/2 ft., and all of a sudden the basket is worth 50% more points? C'mon!

And those free throws. 90%. What is he like r****ded? It's like someone gave me a dollar and somehow I ended up with 90 cents. C'mon, it's called FREE throw. You must suck not to bank it dollar for dollar.

Plus those steals. Right place right time. Nothing more.

Also, he's a bad leader, because he makes so many shots, it makes his teammates just stand around and watch him make baskets. If he missed more, they'd be more motivated to go after rebounds and loose balls. Total stats padder. Probably already plotting day and night how to pad his stats some more so he can get a max contract from a glamor team like Houston. Or Atlanta. Or Toronto. Wherever people have bachelor's parties at. He may be holding up his daughter at every turn, but secretly he's dying to be like my homeboy Haren and go where the strippers at.

Lastly, speaking of my homeboy Haren, the definitive proof, if Curry were so awesome, then how come he didn't win the Players' MVP last year, huh? You bunch of keyboard warriors think you know better than actual players that play the game?

Bunch of COFs in this thread. You make me sick! Curry belongs on rice, not basketball court.

20. tksense

tksense Member

Astute observation! I agree with everything - except one. Curry is probably served better when curry belongs on ms. Curry. Brown curry is tasty too no? :p