1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr Pure Class!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, May 27, 2015.

1. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

Good guy, good team, i can't say anythign negative about golden state. They aren't dirty players, Steve rarely had to resort to the hackadwight/smith. Curry is a clean respectful player and a cool guy.

With that said, i hope they go on to sweep the CAVs and curry stays on his hot shooting. keep the championship in the west

2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

for those that might not know, there's some significant tragedy in Kerr's family background:

[rquoter]While teaching at UCLA in Los Angeles, he was appointed chairman of the Department of Political Science. Later he served as Dean in the Division of Social Sciences from 1973 to 1976.

His own scholarship was forthright and honest to the point of sometimes getting him into trouble. While he was often thought of as 'pro-Arab' in writing about the Israeli-Arab conflict, he could be as critical of the Arabs as he was of the Israelis. He spoke the truth as he saw it and was committed to the cause of Arab-Israeli peace and to building understanding between the Arab World and the West.​

The Civil war in Lebanon (1975–1990), which often severely disrupted all life in Beirut, also interrupted the Kerr family's yearly travels. Accordingly, during 1976-1977 Kerr was again in Egypt, serving as 'visiting distinguished professor' at the American University in Cairo. Eventually he marshalled a Ford Foundation grant to fund a joint project of the Von Grunebaum Center at UCLA (which he then headed) and the Strategic Studies of the Al-Ahram Foundation in Egypt. He returned to Cairo in 1979, where he edited the results of this joint Egyptian-American academic effort, the book Rich and Poor States in the Middle East.

President of AUB
    The Presidency of the American University of Beirut was offered to Prof. Kerr in 1982. Although the civil war in Lebanon was still being fiercely battled on occasion, the recent exit of the Palestinian Liberation Organization from the country and other positive signs encouraged hope for resolution. "Betting on these chances and feeling a sense of calling to the job, the Kerrs decided to go to Beirut." He accepted the position, serving as President for seventeen months.[5] On January 18, 1984, he was shot and killed by two gunmen outside his office; he was 52. A telephone call from Islamic Jihad later claimed responsibility.[6] News of his sudden death, another tragic event in the Lebanese civil war, appeared world-wide in the media.[7][/rquoter]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malcolm_Kerr_(academic)

3. FTW Rockets FTW

Always wanted him this off season to replace doofus McHale

The moment GSW hired Kerr, I had a feeling they would be solid contenders but now even he has surprised me by making them overwhelming favorites to win it all.

4. Balldon'tlie

Balldon'tlie Member

True statement here.

Dude is a jock rider extraordinaire..

5. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Anyone have a video of this?

6. yo

yo Member

Excuse him for knowing his abilities as a basketball player and who happened to play with championship teams. It's like anyone who isn't a superstar is a jock rider. Some of you all just hate so relentlessly.

1 person likes this.
  7. durvasa

durvasa Member

What's wrong with a role player wanting to play for a great team/coach? This is dumb.

8. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

Ive always liked Kerr and his presser made me like him even more. I hated them as much as I did Mavs when Jackson was coaching though. I dont think Cavs can handle them. I honestly think we wouldve won the championship if we made it. Cavs will not win one @ GS.

9. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Kerr the coach>>>Kerr the GM...

The Warriors were slated to be a bottom tier playoff team...To win 67 games in his first season, keeping everyone healthy and motivated...deserves a ton of praise. Kerr put together a terrific assistant coach bench and made an offense that was decent into an efficient machine...

10. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Kerr seems like a great guy, always enjoyed him on TNT. That said I hope Lebron shoves Curry mouthpiece up his ass on his way to his 3rd title. F the warriors and the silver spoon brothers and buck tooth green.

11. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

It's easy to be "CLASSY" if you win by three and you have an MVP-type player like Curry. Dude was unconscious and could probably make a shot from anywhere on the court. That's not a team of nobodies.
    How is keeping players healthy HIS doing? What, he gave them extra healthy dosages, or some bull****?

Meh. :eek:

Somehow I picture Kerr like Ainge, with someone throwing a towel at his face.

I hope they win NO GAME in the Finals. :eek:

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Could have sworn some people on here were calling out Steve Kerr for our campaign for Harden not too long ago...

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

When you dont tax your players during the regular season with crazy # of minutes...Also NOT having a drop off in scoring when the bench comes in...They basically took a page out of the Spurs playbook, getting all 15 guys on their roster to be productive...And when you get everyone to play like that, the chance of injuries and health concerns minimize drastically. This is basically why injury prone Bogut, (and even Curry and his ankles)...survived a grueling NBA season.

I still think at times Kerr comes off as Smug and condescending...but that is his personality...But regardless of evaluating him as a person, I evaluate his coaching prowess...and for his first year, he was terrific! That shouldnt be hated...Swoly

14. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

I posted the link a page back

15. photojoe

photojoe Member

No matter who loses, I will be happy.

No matter who wins, I will be upset.

16. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Member

I'd say Green and Bogut are pretty dirty :p

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Bogut is like typical Euro "dirty" (I know he's not European), flopping, pulling, shoveling feet, etc. Not trying to hurt people kind of dirty.

Green is like Beverley. Overly aggressive, reckless, in your face, kind of guy. Very annoying, but you'd love him if he's on your team. Green is the kind of guy Morey would have picked up in the second round. Anyway, it will be interesting if he's going to bolt for a big contract after this season.

Yeah, those two are the two guys I dislike on the Warriors. All the other guys are okay. I don't know why people hate them so much apart from the media slobbing.

1 person likes this.
  18. ibm

ibm Member

agree 100%.

19. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Well said.