1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr Pure Class!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, May 27, 2015.

1. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Classy comments

Go Cavs

2. TISNF

TISNF Member

Bogut isn't particularly likeable either.

The big issue (not the Warriors fault) is ESPN's creepy obsession with Curry. They really don't give credit to how DEEP the Warriors are overall.

The narrative of the next week will be Curry vs. LeBron and it's just not fair to the teammates of Curry. LeBron (and Durant) are on another level than Curry, but that's not what ESPN will have you believe.

At least LeBron has "earned" the media obsession by now since he's been so good for so much longer.

1 person likes this.
  3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Whenever I hear people say the Warriors players are arrogant, etc, I always try to get them to understand that Kerr isn't the reason they might act cocky or extremely confident. The guy is very even-keeled and if anyone on the Warriors coaching staff gets the players psyched up and feeling arrogant and cocky, it's Alvin Gentry. He's a good dude too but he is the one that gets the players feeling extremely confident.

Kerr makes them feel very prepared and well coached.

4. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

He has a great assistant in Alvin gentry. Maybe? Idk

5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Thanks Steve Kerr, now go lose to the Cavs. I can take a summer of LeBron nuthugging. Not sure if I can handle a Curry/Warriors nuthugging summer.

6. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

The thing is

Bogut is an EXTREMELY likeable guy. Draymond not so much. The Draymond you see on the court is the Draymond one sees in the locker room and everywhere else off the court.
    Bogut on the other hand is one of the most jovial and likeable dudes in the league. The guy is one of the biggest jokesters on the Warriors team and keeps the mood light on that team.

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Member

Nah, you misunderstood me. Not saying Gentry is great but just saying Gentry is an extremely confident dude and he is the one Warriors coach that gets them feeling like no one can f**k with them on the court.

Kerr is the balanced one that makes sure while they feel cocky, they are as well coached as can be and remember to come out and play hard, etc.

It's a nice coaching balancing act they have.

8. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

From Wikipedia:

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

Great guy.

That said, let's go Cavs!!!

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Credit the Warrios org, they fired Jackson who had the team at a certain level, and brought in a whole new coaching staff that took them to the next level.

Too bad the Rockets don't have a GM and owner who value coaching.

11. ClutchCityReturns

Bogut is like Dirk for me. On the court I can't stand either guy, but off the court they are some of the more honest, respectful, down to earth guys you'll find in the league.

12. pass_to_Hakeem

You wanna get mad at coach McHale I know I was frustrated!! There were things he could of done better but at the end of the day, he's the coach and can't honor there and play. He isn't responsible for our leader taking the night off ... Again!!

13. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Kerr > Kapernick

14. ts2mars

ts2mars Member

15. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

16. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Even though it was a long time ago, not surprised that it was ASU. True dumpster trash student population at that school (but super hot girls). They had a 90%+ acceptance rate a few years ago and I think they've tightened it up to ~80% now lol.

17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Member

If he gets credit for getting to the finals in the weakest eastern conferences ever over his career, then he doesn't get excuses for losing them too. Can't have it both ways.

There's no way in hell LeBron even has 5 finals trips if his career was played in the west. It would've probably been more like 2.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Nice gesture by Kerr.

It's easy to be classy when you win though.

Tom Brady is a prime example. He's all smiley after winning Superbowls, but runs from the interview when they lose.

19. dram1

dram1 Member

Yeah...his comments just elevated him in my book from the "OHH!" you heard while MacGrady sank his 3 in his historic 13 in 33.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Who cares...I never hated Kerr but I don't really care what the opponents say about us after a win. Still sucks to lose.