1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr mocks James Harden to open his presser

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Apr 29, 2019.

1. cebu

cebu Member

Kerr is a good man. I hope the old gods and the new would take him to heaven now.

2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

What an a-hole.

bballjunkie and Deckard like this.
  3. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Never been more disgusted with the NBA. Without the confidence that the games will be officiated with integrity, any silver linings from game 1 such as the fact that the Rockets played great defense or got a lot of open looks might as well be moot point because pivotal calls were intentionally blown. Without the guarantee that an I don't know what it is about the people's perception towards Harden but the man is a class act. He has no off the court issues, no baby mama drama, works his ass off, doesn't have any tattoos or piercings (not that it should matter) but because he sports a massive beard, he's somehow a degenerate? There's also a great deal of criticism about his game but even that narrative is non-sense. All great offensive players get to the line. Jordan, Kobe, Iverson, Melo, Lillard, Durant...Etc. Aside from that, what is it about Harden's game that is not aesthetically pleasing? Maybe I'm biased but idk if someone told me there was a basketball player who is 6'5'' who has among the greatest handles in NBA history to go along with foot work that is in a different way just as effective as Olajuwon's, can change direction and pace in an instant, has every move in his offensive move in his repertoire, wouldn't any fan casual or informed think wow? Obviously what I am about to conclude is pure conjecture, but with the political climate today and the attitude of old conservatives, I believe that Harden is mainly targeted for sporting a beard that resembles Osama Bin Laden's and others like him.

SuraGotMadHops likes this.
  4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Kerr tries so hard to be funny.

Instead he just comes across as arrogant and annoying. Man I can't stand that guy

htownrox1, Stormy1234 and bballjunkie like this.
  5. BigBum

BigBum Member

I don't understand the word "impersonation". What does it mean?

6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You have to understand the situation Kerr is in and what he is trying to do,

He played on the Bulls with some great players and one of the best coaches, as far as being on a team of superstars is concerned (Jordan + Pipen and Shaq + Kobe). Yes, Phil was lucky to land with those two stacked teams but over the years he had mastered the psychological aspect of the game. He would rile up his team, opposing team, or other coaches often to either get performance or psych them out. He would make slick comments of the officiating when he could use it to his advantage.

Kerr thinks he is in the same spot as Phil was and can carve out a similar career for himself. Kerr was lucky to have landed an All star team, so he doesnt have to do much there. What he is trying to do now is emulate Phil Jackson psychological warfare. It does two things for him; 1) One it does gain him an advantage. It can effect officiating or get the reaction out of the players. 2) It makes him relevant and makes it look like he is controlling the series.

You need a borderline douchebag to go up against someone like Kerr. Unfortunately Mike isnt that guy and will lose the battle.

In today's interview Mike was saying how officiating can be tricky and is a tough job.

LOL! Do you think Phil Jackson or Steve Kerr would have kind words to say about officiating after they would get raped?

You have to play dirty against a team like Warriors and hit them in the face. When you do that they will get rattled. They are throwing punches and dictating the tone because they know that our players and coaches are cupcakes.

Vivi, jcee15 and Easy like this.
  7. sungjina

sungjina Member

Kerr has ALWAYS been a smug little poindexter dweeb.

Jordan needs to give this boy another whooping since he clearly never learned from the first one!

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

What a btch

Stormy1234 and bballjunkie like this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

All it takes is one player on the Rockets to decide that they have had enough and to take out Curry when he goes to shoot a 3....... his ankles are very weak..... even stepping on his foot when he goes up could land him on the DL.

Just seems foolish for the Warriors to go overboard messing with a team that feels they have not been properly treated....... and there are a few Rockets that would not feel bad with Curry missing the rest of the playoffs.

10. Mike Breen

Mike Breen Member

Steve Kerr PUTS IT IN!

T for 3 likes this.
  11. aliadiere25

aliadiere25 Member

Sign of a man that knows he was lucky to win game 1.

12. TheresTheDagger

C. U. Next Tuesday

Jake Tower and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

**** Kerr

Deckard and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Bench any man that leaves his balls at the team Hotel.
    Only play the men that will do whatever it takes to win. Fight,scratch ,claw get dirty if you have to.
    This is War...

I've never wanted the Rockets to beat a team so bad.
    How great of a feeling would it be to watch the Rockets humble and finally shut this clown and his arrogant team up.

(Mr. Capela ) or should I call him (Mr. I can't seem to never win a jump ball) better show up or stay in his ****ing room.
    Don't even get on the team bus to the arena.
    Play Hartenstein..Play Faried ...hell keep playing NeNe, play whoever I don't care.
    Just don't play anybody being soft out there.

Game on b****es.....

Little Bit likes this.
  15. SemisolidSnake

Break Kerr's ankles. See how he likes it.

16. LUK3

LUK3 Member

this man needs to consume a genital

Game7 likes this.
  17. Audioout

Audioout Member

The Warriors lead the league in fines associated with complaining about refs. They shoot more free throws than any team in the post season. They constantly complained in the media about Beverley. Now, not a week later, they want to be like, "stop complaining about calls. suck it up." All the while knowing going under their landing space on 3's while turning their body was an intentional tactic.

Never, NEVER have I seen such a punk b**ch team. They show no respect to their opponents, to the refs, or to the league, and laugh and flex as they get away with it. They're Logan Paul in the shape of an NBA team.

18. BigTex

BigTex Member

Curry flails & contorts his body on many of his threes...

Deckard likes this.
  19. TheresTheDagger

I was in Vegas at the time and had a sizeable Money Line wager on the Spurs. Spurs were up 23 in the 2nd half at this point and went on to lose a very close game.

Yeah, I remember this. Just 1 more reason to hate the Warriors.

Jake Tower and Deckard like this.
  20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member