1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr has a burner account

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tmactoyao, Feb 1, 2018.

1. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

This is what I see and please correct me if I am wrong. Anytime I see someone going in for a layup or a dunk I see them gather the ball, take one step, take 2 steps, then shoot or pass.

According to everyone where who is saying that this is a travel they are also agreeing that the moment a player grabs the ball in his hand that is officially the first step then can take only one more to shoot or pass. From what I understand they are allowed to take two AFTER the gather.

I downloaded this clip and did frame by frame to see where the gather is and it shown that he gathered the ball this exact frame clearly showing his right as his starting foot and his left foot in the air.

Frame right before the gather showing his right hand has not yet made complete contact with ball.
    [​IMG]

Frame of the gather showing he now has contact with ball. For anyone here who is saying this is a travel lets pretend he is moving forward for a dunk, by the same logic that means he is allowed to only take one step forward for dunk.
    [​IMG]

First established step. Now if anyone wants to argue this as a travel I would say I would not argue the move itself but wither or not he slid his right foot but for this that is not the argument people are making.
    [​IMG]

Now for the final step, lets pretend he went for a dunk instead of a shot which should be the same by the rules.
    [​IMG]

Final shot
    [​IMG]

Now if anyone thinks the move he attempted was a travel (again you could argue if he slides his feet or not during this process) they also agree that anyone who gathers the ball then takes two steps to dunk is also a travel.

BigMaloe, Amel, sugrlndkid and 4 others like this.
  2. Mr. Space City

mcgrady saying it's a travel smh.

i've been noticing he's been throwing shots to harden lately.

when harden scored 60/11/10 he wass talking about how bad orlando's defense was.

salty because harden has surpassed his legacy?

BigMaloe, Amel, sugrlndkid and 4 others like this.
  3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Typical b**** ass McGrady.

Bash Harden/Houston when on ESPN
    Kiss ass when he's in town, the Rockets are great, Harden is great, everything is great!

FOH.

Deuce, Rodman23, BigMaloe and 12 others like this.
  4. malakas

malakas Member

why do ppl still pay attention to ex players? 99% are trash in their opinions.
    I don't even care what they say one bit.

Rocket River and seeingredtx like this.
  5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I guarantee you in tomorrow's game they are going to call a travel on Harden once he does his first step back.

Rocket River, adw and DreamShook like this.
  6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I'm going to give TMAC a pass on this, he has been saying Harden is MVP since before the season started. Put it on wax on insta and everything.

seeingredtx likes this.
  7. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Can wait for next seasons revised “Harden rule”.......:rolleyes:

Rocket River, adw and seeingredtx like this.
  8. YallMean

YallMean Member

This. Finally. Fifth page. Com'on people

seeingredtx likes this.
  9. Pete the Cheat

You have to imagine this type of **** goes on behind the scenes all year long with coaches. Working for a an OG company we shoot shots across the bow like this constantly just to get a feel for their intestinal fortitude

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

no they need a whole summer to change the rules first

players on offense can only move directly towards their own basket once they pick up they're dribble

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Is this true? If so, violated all the time. Heck, Hakeem violated this on the dream shake, for example.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

He is doing his best Phil Jackson . . . . . .
    Passive Aggressive manipulation of the league offices and the public

Rocket River

Drogba, BigM, D-rock and 5 others like this.
  13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

and? you're allowed to take 2 steps after establishing a pivot foot to shoot or pass, it's the act of dribbling where picking up the pivot foot becomes a travel

14. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

If Kerr was Phil Jackson I would give him some credit for a nice mental game here....best case scenario, the refs start calling some travels on JH. Worst case, maybe JH develops a bit of self consciousness on that shot, providing GS a tiny edge. But Kerr is not that clever, just whiny.

D-rock and seeingredtx like this.
  15. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Every player on their way into a layup typically picks up their dribble then takes another step.

So you're clearly allowed that "next" step.

The question is just on the gather. Typically on a layup players in reality have long stopped dribbling on their first step, but its considered the gather step, so for a right handed player you'll see that left footed gather first step, then two more after that.

This seems exactly the same to me.

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Once a lazy diva, always a lazy diva...

17. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

We've seen multiple signs throughout the year now that the warriors are legitimately worried about the rockets. I think these are all good signs.

18. topfive

topfive CF OG

From NBA.com:

"If a player jumps off one foot on the count of one he may land with both feet simultaneously for count two. In this situation, the player may not pivot with either foot and if one or both feet leave the floor the ball must be released before either return to the floor. When a player gathers the ball he may not step consecutively with the same foot, as in a hopping motion."

So if Harden hadn't taken the shot, he wouldn't be allowed to take another step, regardless of which foot he decided to pivot with. Makes sense.

According to the above quote, it was NOT a travel.

Deuce, D-rock, Swapshop and 1 other person like this.
  19. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I think you are right. He is clearly setting this up as a topic of discussion so that the refs think about it more in a potential warriors/rockets series.

I remember when phil jackson used to accuse steve nash of palming the ball.

BigM and topfive like this.
  20. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Fat Tmac

adw likes this.