1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr clowns Rockets legend Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 14, 2018.

1. J.R.

J.R. Member

LOL Loser McGrady.

Hey Scottie, Paul, & Chauncey, show T-Mac your rings, alright?

Why does ESPN even have him on for the postseason? I guess he can talk about the losers going home in the first round? "It's tough. I know that feeling all too well."

“When I look at McGrady, it reminds me of why Michael Jordan is Michael Jordan and Larry Bird is Larry Bird,” current Golden State Warriors head coach Steve Kerr said on NBA TV’s Open Court in 2014. “It’s not just talent, there’s got to be a fire in the belly, there’s got to be a competitive edge where you want to kill the guy across from you.”

Kerr added that while he wasn’t familiar with McGrady on a personal level, his perception of “T-Mac” is that of a talented athlete whose fire to win “never manifested itself.”

2. Classic

Classic Member

I sleep easier at night knowing that when given the chance Jordan punched that guy in the face. GOAT

(not that mac didn't deserve but that's another topic)

Little Bit, D-rock and Blurr#7 like this.
  3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Holy crap, I had no idea his dad was the president of AUB. Definitely didn't know he was assassinated. And Steve was 19 at the time.

Side note, I wanted to attend that university -- it was like 40k a semester....lol

Nook likes this.
  4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

He never won anything because he was an inefficient chucker.

tinman, Zboy and RocketRed84 like this.
  5. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

I’ll never forget McGrady quitting on the team in Toronto. He’s not a legend. He’s a quitter

6. RocketRed84

RocketRed84 Member

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Can Chris Paul teach T Mac to have heart?

@swyyyguy

tinman, D-rock and Jontro like this.
  9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Geez nook!!! That fruit ain’t hangin. It’s rotting on the ground.

Jontro likes this.
  10. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

I don't understand how some people on this board need to ever defend Mcgrady. Besides the last few years where Tmac was basically used as an asset, the man has burnt the bridges at every place he's been acquired. We're not the only fan base Tmac has pissed off. Toronto- China ... Tmac screwed us all with his BS...

tinman and Zboy like this.
  11. ballscientist1

funny

Rockets legends Scottie and Traci in the show.

tinman likes this.
  12. the shark

the shark Member

McGrady a Rockets legend my A$$!!!!

Legends are for players who did magical things in playoffs and getting out of the 1st rd is a start.

tinman and Zboy like this.
  13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Dear mouth-breathers of Clutchfans: do you honestly believe that Tmac sabotaged his own max-contract career on a championship-caliber team by "choosing" to get an "optional" surgery? Are you sure that he would've been medically cleared, had the trade actually happened? Are we going to choose to hate TMac forever because he had a falling out with Rick Adelman?

Dude was gutted that he didn't win in Houston. I've never heard of a guy who cried at a press-conference getting called out for lack of heart.

Sick of Clutchfans being ESPN-level clowns, using one-liners towards one of our own guys that gave 100% in the playoffs, especially over one of the most arrogant, self-promoting coaches in the league.

I can't believe more people aren't upset at the Rockets organization for fielding a roster where only 4 players scored in a playoff game. Neither of those Jazz series were TMac / Yao's fault by any stretch of any hater's imagination, and Donaghy has raised some serious smoke about the Mavs series in '05.

At Clutchfans we should be better than Skip Bayless in terms of basketball analysis. As a fan my heart got stomped on with TMac and Yao during those series, and I'm just a die-hard fan, I wasn't the one living that moment on that court. You're not gonna catch me throwing Yao or Mac under the bus for some god-awful squads.

Do better.

14. the shark

the shark Member

"one of our own guys"?

You mean the same guy who freakin quit on his teammates?

The same guy who picked the Lakers to beat the Rockets in the playoffs (while he was still on the Rockets)?

If you think people "hate TMac because he had a falling out with Rick Adelman" than you're about as clueless as Skip Bayless.

RocketRed84 and tinman like this.
  15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pippen and Tmac together
    All they need is Lin on that show

16. napalm06

OOPS - you countered my questions with a question that I already addressed, and you countered my Skip Bayless jab with one-liners.

There are long paragraphs of discussion about the Lakers quote from years ago in which I was heavily involved. Extremely stupid? YES - should I rage about it for ten years? Does it nullify all the times that he did play his heart out? Apparently to some people. Was he just insinuating that his team was major underdogs? Possibly, still stupidly said by him. Was he saying he didn't want the Rockets to win? Probably not.
    This is just another herd-mentality thing that sportsfans do, like the people who plug their ears and say the Rockets only won because Jordan retired.

The "betas" are the guys who get some kind of kick out of repeating the same jokes in every thread, as if that changes the past. Can't even be bothered to acknowledge how awful those rosters are. (4 players scoring in a playoff game!!! I mean, dayum.) Hell, can't even be bothered to talk smack about Kerr or the Warriors, our current arch-rivals.

Take any game TMac played in and we'll look at the stats and break down the story in a rational way. Tracy McGrady played over 11,000 minutes in 303 regular season games in a Rockets jersey, and yet we're mad 10 years later because he quit in a regular season game once. If I wanted to have this conversation I could go talk to any GSW or OKC fan.

BallSoHarden and Swiss Roll like this.
  17. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac got max salary and played in 20 playoff games

Harden is so much better than him
    I’m glad the world knows that

18. napalm06

Thank goodness we have Harden now. But I don't have to bash the players who survived the bad times to enjoy what we have now.

19. tinman

Supporting Member

Because it’s the same thing as Lin fans
    They think it’s everybody else’s fault

They aren’t team only fans like you brother

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I saw the Hakeem era
    That was class
    What Tmac did in Houston was not class and of course absolute failure for the playoffs

He even said it
    It’s on me