1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr Calling Out Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, May 4, 2013.

1. Shaud

Shaud Member

If you have missed all of the regular season then it doesn't make a lot of sense to start playing in the playoffs when you're rusty and the intensity level picks up.

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

------------------------------------------
    ------------------------------------------
    Shumpet got hurt the same day, he's been back for 2 months. ... Rose has been practicing for 2 months. ... He should have played. - Chuck

Big picture is now. We can't control tomorrow. He got hurt, did his rehab, he's been practicing with the team. - Shaq

I have to trust, believe and accept what the MVP is telling us. - Kenny

They have watched him play every day and never have they said "He don't look good." - Chuck

Nothing benefitting him by sitting out.- Kenny

What is the benefit for him sitting out? - Kenny

He should be ready if he's been practicing for 2 months. - Chuck

He has nothing to lose. - Chuck

9 months off already. Shumpert has been back for 2 month already. - Shaq

#42 J.R., May 4, 2013
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  3. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

It would be dumb for him to come back now... He missed his opportunity. But how does a "leader" sit there and watch his team give everything they have with sickness and injuries leaving guys playing on one foot. Nate picking on the bench, Noad limping the entire game but still making plays. His teammates deserve a better leader

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If he's healthy, he should have tried to ease into the lineup at the tail end of the regular season, gradually increasing the minutes. The Bulls would be the second best team in the East with a healthy Rose.

But I'm not his doctor, so I don't know.

5. Juxtaposed Jolt

Well, if confidence was / is his issue of getting onto the court and playing quality minutes, I'm pretty sure a second round date with LeBron salivating at shutting Rose down again, won't do any wonders for Rose's confidence.

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

I'm calling out Steve Kerr to step up his extremely boring commentaries. Dude is even awkward in 2k.

1 person likes this.
  7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Bulls' Derrick Rose needs to tell truth – he's not returning for this season's playoffs

8. 713

713 Member

9. DuDDleyDawsonII

Come on Rose them bums on 2K need u I'm tired of blowin out da bulls without U by the way I been killin on there can't wait to get back my PS3

10. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

If Rose plays, he knows he will be guarded by LeBron. Without his confidence in his game already, being smothered by LeBron will cripple that confidence going forward. That's why he never played in the first series.

I think if the Bulls were on the other bracket, Rose would be playing.

11. professorjay

professorjay Contributing Member

It's not fair to his teammates to tease this along.

My assumption is they're doing this to keep Spolestra guessing. Otherwise stop talking.

12. jgreen91

jgreen91 Member

Kerr is an idiot. He destroyed the Phoenix Suns.

13. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Bottom line, ROSE IS WRONG. If you knew you wasn't ready to play then you should've made that decision before the playoffs idiot. Saying things like only" god knows" after the doctors clear you just puts pressure on the team. Just say your sitting out this season & you'll be ready next season. But to keep stringing your teammates along by not giving a clear cut answer is selfishness. Especially w/ Noah playing on one foot

14. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Let's be honest, NBA teams definitely rush people back from injuries. I think there was a quote from a Rockets player, but somehow injuries that normally takes you out for 1 month, NBA players have to ply within 2 weeks.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can only assume that he genuinely would like to return. And that's why he continues to practice with the team, in the hopes that he'll reach the comfort and confidence level he's seeking. If he has no intention of returning, I agree he should just outright say it and end the discussion there.

16. Shaud

Shaud Member

Derrick Rose should just announce he's not coming back instead of talking like there is some possibility. Just put an end to it all.

17. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

The doctor physically cleared him in February. It's been 2.5 months and he's still working on that "mental" aspect of his return.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Enough is enough. Steve Kerr is right on the money. I have nothing against DRose, but everybody who has ever tried basketball knows you can't get comfortable and in rythm until you actually play the REAL game.

Watching his team beat the "better" Nets with guys basically playing on 1 leg should even add to it. Don't act like a PU**Y and actually TRY. If you can't play than so be it

19. ln3012

ln3012 Member

So Kerr is an idiot for saying that Rose should play if confidence is the issue and not his health? He's absolutely right.

JVG made the same comments this morning on Mike & Mike. Told a story of how when he was an assistant to Pat Riley, there was a player that was dressed in his suit sitting out. Riley asked him "Could you give me just one minute out there today if I needed you" to which the player responded "Yes, I could give you that" to which Riley shouted before leaving the lockerroom "Then why the Fu&k aren't you dressed to play?"

Again, no one is saying he should play if still hurt. But if it's his confidence that's lacking, Kerr and JVG are completely on point.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I don't now why Rose didn't just straight up said he's not returning instead of teasing everyone