1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Kerr Calling Out Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by durvasa, May 4, 2013.

1. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

I had knee surgery and my thigh was like jello and I couldn't twitch my muscles with my mind cause you go without using your leg for a long time. It will be dumb for Rose to come back till everything is in order cause one thing can lead problems to other things.. His leg can give out on you so you got to be careful

2. Mr. Space City

the doctors have already said that everything is fine and there is no greater risk to re-inure his knee now than in the future.

3. underrated015

underrated015 Member

Everyone loves to talk but D.Rose is the only one that knows if he is ready. Take his time, rushing him back and having another freak injury is the last thing chicago wants.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Who knows? I wouldn't be surprised if Rose expressed some frustration with their lack of personnel moves privately to this guy. That said, IMO, unhappiness with management is NOT why he hasn't returned.

It will be good for the Bulls when they lose to the Nets and get out of the spotlight. This season was doomed from the start and needs to end.

5. Mr. Space City

6. plates300

plates300 Member

Doctors are one thing, your body is another. Even if Rose came back and they beat the Nets, do you honestly think they can beat Miami in a 7 game series? They've already overachieved this year. I say let the man do as he pleases - it's his future he is playing with and nobody should be able to tell him otherwise.

7. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

If his owner, coaches, and teammates don't mind that he's not playing, neither do I. His teammates are the ones busting their ass to cover for his absence and they haven't said a peep.

8. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Rose is the only player on the Bulls who is completely healthy and hes still not playing

9. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

Its usually a 9month injury and its been 1yr already and hasn't Rose been practicing since the all star break. If he is not ready now he may never be ready. If he is having that kind of mental issues about his knee despite docs saying his knee is good to go maybe he should see a shrink.

10. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    Yeah, T-Mac constantly played through injuries. Rose is just sitting on the bench.

I guess in the long run what Rose is doing is probably for the best considering that playing through those injuries ultimately destroyed T-Mac.

So yeah, Rose does deserve to be called out. He should feel guilty. But I think he's doing what is best for himself which in turn will be the best for the bulls.

11. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Doctors will tell you they are ready cause its no more they can do for you.. You have to go to Threapy.. Once the Money stop coming in. nothing left for them to do for you.. I had limitations even though they said I was ready to go back to work and that was far from the truth..

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Was that before or after they read his mind?

If Rose is consciously favoring the knee, then that sure as heck can cause injury with the wrong step.

What Kerr said is perfectly reasonable and maybe rose will suddenly change his mind if they're still playing in a week. However, Rose's game is highly dependent on his athleticism and speed. How much can he really provide going half speed? And it's the playoffs. He's going to face a TREMENDOUS amount of pressure to perform, if they get in tough situations, which is almost a sure thing. There's no way he's just goes out there to back up for 10-15 mins and no one raises an eyebrow. He's a competitive and humble guy, i'll give him the benefit of a doubt on this one.

13. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

I completely agree. Rose is a coward, everyone's giving him a pass because he's likeable.

Anyone know if he's been seeing a therapist? Cause he damn well should be.

14. atomicanderz

atomicanderz Member

^^ I meant a mental therapist not a physical therapist, btw.

15. Fefo

Fefo Member

whats the point? Its not liek the bulls are 20 mins of derrick rose play away from nba tittle. If they get by the nets, they will probably loose next round. He needs to be fully recovered and then come back. Why risk a career over some non sense series.
    I get that noah and hinrich are playing hurts, and i feel this guys are warriors... so if someone can call derrick rose out should be them, not some ex role player. He needs to stfu and be patient, specailly if his teammates are.

16. fmp087

fmp087 Member

Not sure why this is even a discussion. You watch your teammates going out there playing hurt, battling to win this series, and you're just sitting in a suit due to lack of muscle memory. Get real. All they need is 15-20 minutes and they win this series.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If he gets hurt again, who's fault will it be?

18. yakitori

yakitori Contributing Member

Why are some people hating on what Kerr said? If you read the actual quote from Kerr... it seems like a reasonable thing to say.

He's very clear in saying that Rose should only play ->IF<- this is just about confidence.

19. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well tonight's Game 7. I would think he like to play that; biggest game of the season. It is moments like these where you show who you really are.

What if he sits out all this time just to get injured again next time he steps on the court? Not wishing that but it could happen at any given time. Would he be even more cautious after his second injury?

20. fmp087

fmp087 Member

No reason to play what-ifs since he's been medically cleared and has been participating in full contact practices since February.