1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis on my flight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thabeet, Jun 14, 2012.

1. sefril

sefril Member

so both of the OP and Francis took a flight out of the league?

2. thabeet

thabeet Member

My original post was rushed because I sent it from on the plane.

So me and Mrs. Thabeet were standing at the gate to board the plane. I look to my immediate left, like 2 feet away from me, and think I see Steve. I remember he grew up in the DC area and went to school in Maryland so I knew it'd be him. Anyway, I go "Mr. Steve Francis?" and he looks over to me with a weak smile and says, "yeah." We shook hands and I mentioned how big a fan I was but from his body language I got the feeling that he was either tired, high, or just didn't care to talk. I let him be but a few seconds later my wife tells me to ask him if I can take a pic with him. When I asked, he faintly replied with a "naah, man" and something else. Then 15-20 seconds later, he asked me if I lived in Houston and then proceeded to tell me that he lives somewhere on Voss. When we walked up to have our boarding passes scanned, the gate attendant got annoyed with him because his boarding group had yet to be called.

My thoughts: He looked very old (not as bad as in recent All-Star Game Press Conference picture) but still old. He had this huge bags beneath his eyes which looked as if they were filled with fluid and overall his face looked very puffy.

My wife did snap a pic of his back.

As for people hating on BWI, its not bad at all. There are 3 major airports serving the DC Area. Reagan is basically right in DC, Dulles is far as hell in Northern Virginia, and BWI obviously is in Maryland. It's a real hassle getting to Dulles so many people flying in and out of DC take BWI, especially because of direct train service.

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I saw him in a public restroom once.

He dribbled from the urinal all the way to the sink.

1 person likes this.
  4. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Nah Man. He has his own private crack pipe.

5. aussiejack

aussiejack Member

6. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Bloated beer face. He's probably hung over.

7. coolweather

coolweather Contributing Member

this is the guy who called in sick so he can watch a superbowl game in his beloved Houston.

8. txtodd

txtodd Member

I can't think of WHY he should be on the No Fly List, but it just feels right.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Yeah he probably doesn't want to think or talk about hoops since that part of his life is over. Really nice guy though the couple of times I met him.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

dude lookin like george jefferson now.....i guess cuttino could be his weezy

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    was he with his "best bud" Mobley

12. txtodd

txtodd Member

Sure it wasn't Charles S Dutton?

[​IMG]

13. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

IAD is fighting to stay competitive, but BWI is the major league hub in the area - all the airlines are price-throttling IAD and DCA (and RIC and ORF) to push fliers to go through BWI. Makes my frequent trips to the Old Dominion fairly pricey or inconvenient. I personally wouldn't call any of the 3 "ritzy"

It's rinky dink, but DCA is great for putting you spitting distance from the National Mall. Dulles is less than ten minutes from where my best friend lives, so I go through there plenty, too.

#33 emjohn, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2012
  14. thabeet

thabeet Member

Yeah I sensed he was hungover for sure. It was weird the questions he asked me.

15. Mariachi ROCKET

This ^^

Man that dude is on it!

16. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Big deal, I just saw Greg Smith eating at Raising Canes at the Galleria food court! :p

17. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

No one wants to take a pic with Thabeet.

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

This part made me chuckle.

19. psk

psk Member

lmao. so you're saying he BROUGHT his own order of cane's to the galleria to eat it? hahahaha

20. solid

solid Contributing Member

I never was a fan of Steve Francis, but I feel bad for him now. He is rapidly deteriorating. All the money in the world does not guarantee success or happiness. Just seems like he is on the same road as Mike Tyson, and unfortunately, many others. Drugs promise you heaven, but take you straight to hell.