1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis involved in bar fight/facing criminal charges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by macfan, Jun 14, 2005.

1. The Real Shady

So what angry BBSer got in a fight with Francis?

2. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

Lets see how this plays out before making a final judgement. SF's agent plainly says he was not involved.

3. Blatz

Blatz Member

I agree

4. dharocks

dharocks Member

Yeah, having worked with Comcast SportsNet updating the Website, I can tell you guys that it can take AP a while to post a story. We used their stories for Nat'l Headlines, and it would sometimes take quite a while... Sometimes it's better to check Ticker.

I think it was a little bit unfair for everyone to jump on macfan like they did.

5. m_cable

m_cable Member

6. nyquil82

nyquil82 Member

-SOURCES TELL THE I-TEAM IT WAS A COMMENT ABOUT A WOMAN ACCOMPANYING FRANCIS THAT SET OFF THE VIOLENCE.-

"Hey Francis! your girl looks a lot better than your old flame, Cuttino"

"GRRRRR no she doesn't!" SMASH

7. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Y'all need to get off macfan, he is from Orlando and he is keeping up with that stuff over there. I hate how whenever anyone says anything people are all over him like "what's your source? You are a liar!!" :rolleyes:

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

...Except the report was from a Washington DC TV station, not Orlando

honestly, he could have just said it. I apologize for questioning his sources - but as I posted before, I explicitly did not think he was lying and said the exact opposite -- read the thread if you don't believe me. How hard would it have been to post - I heard from somebody who saw a news report on DC tv?

Anyway, there is nothing in the news report that I can read that indicates that Francis has been arrested or charged with a crime, as the thread title indicates, solely that a civil suit (deep pockets) is in the works. That is a significant difference.

9. tigermission1

tigermission1 Member

Wow! I hope Stevie wasn't actually involved in the fight itself, may be it was his posse or something.

But what can I say? It is the story of Francis' career: being in the wrong place, at the wrong time. Apparently his bad decision-making extends to his off-court activities as well. :rolleyes:

This alone will probably earn him a ticket out of town in a trade for another disgruntled star.

10. ToothYanker

ToothYanker Contributing Member

I hope SF wasn't involved. IMHO, he's not a bad guy. Just someone with too much heart, too little brain, and no direction.

The guy's really fallen apart after the trade. It's a shame.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Member

Despite the comments from others , I think this is entirely relevant to this board (esp in the off season). Francis was the "franchise" here for 5 years and just left last summer.... besides its jucey !

As for the fight... I guess he DID learn something from Barkley during their 2 month stint as teammates !! :p

12. JamesC

JamesC Member

Somebody should've listened to him when he said he has no reason for waking up in the morning after they traded Cuttino. ;)

13. Agent86

Agent86 Member

Yeah thats great lets bash Steve some more its not like he liked this city or wanted to play here or anything like that. and he sure as hell never tried hard, hustled and stuck up for his teamates. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

14. Davidoff

Davidoff Member

Looks like it wasnt all it was cracked up to be..

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/spor...n15,0,7748217.story?coll=orl-sports-headlines

By Tim Povtak | Sentinel Staff Writer
    Posted June 15, 2005

Orlando Magic guard Steve Francis was rushed out of a late-night Washington, D.C., restaurant/nightclub Sunday morning after a scuffle erupted and a bottle was thrown at him, according to his agent, Jeff Fried, Tuesday.

After attending the Mike Tyson heavyweight fight at the MCI Center -- as the guest of his agent, one of the promoters -- Francis was dining at Zanzibar on the Waterfront with friends when the scuffle began.

Francis was not hurt. One Washington radio report Tuesday said Francis had been a major part of the disturbance.

"That was just inaccurate,'' Fried said Tuesday night. "Someone there was hassling him, a bottle was thrown toward him, but security rushed him out before it went any further. Because he was the high-profile person there, his name got linked with it, but he wasn't really involved.''

Francis, the Magic's top scorer, grew up in the Washington, D.C., area and starred at Maryland. He still has family living in the area and sat ringside at the Tyson fight.

The Magic had no comment.

A man who answered the reservations number at Zanzibar on Tuesday night would not identify himself but said there had been no incident inside the restaurant/club.

District police said there was a fight at Zanzibar early Sunday but no one was arrested. The names of those involved were not available Tuesday, police said.

15. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Who gives a flying rat fart? :confused:

Someone else's garbage to take out now. Did I click onto the Magic BBS by mistake.

16. jo mama

jo mama Member

is this the same "zanzibar" that billy joel sang about?

17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Member

Uh, doesn't sound like anything earth shattering.

18. OddsOn

OddsOn Member

yeah and those same people will roast you for telling your source when you do reveal it......lol damn hippies! :p

19. Rockets34Legend

Well, he lost out just by going to see the Tyson fight. What a waste.

20. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Member

Whoa, WHOA! Besmirch me not, sir!