1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Steve Francis Interview on 97.9 The Box

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by alexdapooh, Aug 24, 2007.

1. doublehh03

doublehh03 Member

that's fine to think so. but he was asking "team-oriented" questions for the most part.

like the question, "u think u will start?" how can he say, "id better be."?

if someone asks him, "u think u still have game left and things like that," then obviously he has to think highly of himself.

2. Rover16

Rover16 Member

Francis today is worse than jackson of two years ago.

3. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

AMEN!

4. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

THE SUNS..

5. SmitingPurpleEm

Snippet on Francis from a Knicks Blog:

http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2007/08/nate_i_can_never_imagine_playi.html

The article is mainly criticizing Nate Robinson not taking his job seriously, but Francis had a part in it? Is this water under the bridge, or an indication of chemistry problems to come?

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

7. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

what exactly has steve-o accomplished?

8. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

well for one thing, besides have better stats than jax, for the last 5 years he has average playing in 70 games, your boy jax has only average 52 games per year for the same 5 years.

so who is the injury proned player?

9. Pocket Rockets

how about all star appearances?

10. jo mama

how about playoff appearances?

11. jo mama

my "boy jax"? yes, b/c i am critical of steve-o that must mean that jax is my "boy". thats the ticket! :rolleyes:

12. rocketfan20

rocketfan20 Contributing Member

He may be playing it up a bit on radio, but it's still not too cool to be saying he better be starting. I'm sure MJ is wanting to start too, he'll probably feel ticked off about hearing this. It's one thing to make condescending comments to Bobby Jackson, but another to start saying you're better than your other teammates.

There's a lot of good players on the team and they're all going to have to accept less playing time than they'd like, so I don't think the comments from Francis that he should be starting help anyone. If Francis can't accept the fact that he's no longer the superstar, then I hope we can trade him for someone that can.

I'm also wondering how they'll market the Rockets this year. Initially, I was thinking they should have SF replace Battier on posters, but I don't think his ego is stable enough to handle that and still keep his role on the team. I'm all for someone having some attitude like MJ does, but I don't like it getting in the way of the team.

I was excited about getting SF back, but if he's already reversing himself this much from just being a "basketball player" that will do whatever the team asks, to where he is now in only a few weeks, I wonder how he'll be able to control himself over the course of the season.